Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's no secret, but in case you didn't hear I have an Expansion for Terra Prime in the works. It's really done, actually, and if you want a sneak preview of it then you should find me at KublaCon next weekend!

I'll also be at Gateway in Los Angeles over Labor Day, and I'll have the expansion with me there as well.

Here are some of the tasty treats in store for you...

- New Exploration tiles and alternate setup rules in which you'll know where planets are located at the outset, but not what you'll find in the middle of the tile when you explore!

- New items on the Exploration tiles!

- 2 new Ship Upgrades!

- New (additional/alternate) Weapon, Cargo, and Thruster modules!

All of these things make for an interesting new experience for the seasoned space veteran, and they even address some of the common complaints that have surfaced about the original game. Wile Terra Prime is good, I think you'll find that Terra Prime + Expansion is even better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at Gateway so hope I can find you this time. Last con I really wanted to try Belfort but missed you. Hopefully I'll get a chance this time. Plus would like to see the new expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I just got your game! btw I wanted to contact you so hopefully you'll check the thread. LOVE the game but my pieces are all kinds of messed up. "Popping" them from the cardboard layouts was hell and ripped up a LOT of tokens which has never happened to me before, one of the 'coins' even had one side of it fall off the coin.

I've never experienced a problem like this and was hoping you could help me out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info about if/when it'll be out?
Sharon and I love Terra Prime!

Any info about if/when the expansion will be printed and available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
invisiblejon wrote:
Sharon and I love Terra Prime!

Any info about if/when the expansion will be printed and available?

Nope, not yet... gotta sell through the 1st edition first!

So if you want to see the expansion in print, I guess you'll have to encourage people to buy the base game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's good. Looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So 2 years later and no expansion? Or did I miss it somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumPain wrote:
So 2 years later and no expansion? Or did I miss it somewhere?

You did not miss anything. TMG is pricing a 2nd edition of Terra Prime (with expansion included) to see if its viable. Until now I was just hoping that "one day it would be possible" - but now it's actual a real possibility.

Keep watching (or subscribe to TMG's newsletter) for more info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
Any pictures you can share of the new expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paxton73 wrote:
Any pictures you can share of the new expansion?
I'm afraid not... and if I took pics, it would just be of prototype bits, no real art, so not much to look at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning to finally pick up a copy of this next week from the local game store. How close is the expansion to realistically going to print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wylann wrote:
I'm planning to finally pick up a copy of this next week from the local game store. How close is the expansion to realistically going to print?

Development-wise it is ready. I do not know business-wise though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this got a kickstarter campaign going, I'd be in! I really enjoy this game, and it seems like we discover one more rule we played wrong the last time.... (Mostly because of my bad memory and trying to get to playing too quickly with new players...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Connor
msg tools
I sure would like to see an exp for this. I am going to try the fan-based Terra Prime Invasion. It looks promising.

I noticed a lot of complaints about the components.
Component shortfalls that I saw are:

- using cardboard tiles that flip over - it is easy to get an identifiable mark on the backside, better to use plastic rather than cardboard for those (this is true of all games that have this mechanic).

- the money and point tokens are god-awful ugly! Aside from that I like the art for the game.

C'mon Seth, let the faithful have an expansion! If it does not work on the business side of things, how about a print n' play for us fans? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Connor84 wrote:
I sure would like to see an exp for this. I am going to try the fan-based Terra Prime Invasion. It looks promising.

I noticed a lot of complaints about the components.
Component shortfalls that I saw are:

- using cardboard tiles that flip over - it is easy to get an identifiable mark on the backside, better to use plastic rather than cardboard for those (this is true of all games that have this mechanic).

- the money and point tokens are god-awful ugly! Aside from that I like the art for the game.

C'mon Seth, let the faithful have an expansion! If it does not work on the business side of things, how about a print n' play for us fans? laugh

I know it's been a long while since this thread started, but a Terra Prime has been on the back burner all this time.

The good news is that the current plan is to clean up the rules a bit, add the expansion, get new art, and set the game in the Eminent Domain universe.

It will be another year or 2 before it comes out, but watch for Eminent Domain Origins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.