Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Blanton
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gamer’s Armory has been operating for the last 8 years as an Internet based hobby store. Thanks to all the loyal support from our customers in the US and around the world, we are now able to open a retail brick and mortar store! Our store will be located at 684 Cary Towne Blvd in Cary, NC. We are currently targeting our opening to be the end of June or early July.

This exciting growth will allow us to expand our current product offering to include all aspects of the gaming hobby. In addition to the current selection of war games and board games, we will be expanding those current categories and adding other such as Games Workshop products, Flames of War, role playing games, collectable card games, and more! We will have approximately 2,000 square feet of store front with a dedicated playing space. Check our website and your e-mail for additional news and events that will be coming soon.

Our on-line presence will continue and will we will be expanding our catalog to add many of the new product lines that we will be carrying. We’d like to thank all of our existing customers for their business over the last 8 years and look forward to earning the business of new customers.

The Gamer’s Armory opened for business in August of 2002 and is owned by The Gamer’s Armory, LLC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on the physical store! Too bad it's on the other side of the country from me. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Im in Charlotte NC and its still too far for me ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I work in Cary and live in Holly Springs, and spend lots of money in Cary. I'll definitely come check you out, and I wish you a successful business venture. Congrats on this.
Will the retail prices be comparable to the online prices?
Where is 684 Cary Towne, ie, what's near it? [I tend to locate by reference point].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all right! Right near me. It's always good to have a place to buy games, and gaming space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dtcarson wrote:

Where is 684 Cary Towne, ie, what's near it? [I tend to locate by reference point].

It's about a 1/2 mile NW of Cary Towne Center Mall and that Barnes and Nobels over there. It looks like it's right by Ollie's, the big discount store on Walnut, if you know where that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blanton
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike/Tony,

Actually across the street from Ollies. Beside Avalon Cleaners, video store was there. Retail store prices will be a little higher than on-line, but in store we will have a rewards program to make up for the increase. Look forward to meeting you guys!

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Scott,

Congratulations on getting a storefront. When we met a year or so ago, that was the long range plan and I'm glad it worked out.

Please update us with exact dates of your opening. I will definitely check it out. Maybe you'll be open in time for me to get the BattleLore Horrific Horde or Battles of Westeros from you!

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blanton
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff,

Yes, I remember. Glad to see your Durham group is growing. Sorry, I've not been able to attend.

Things look to be on track for us opening the doors near the end of June. Will keep everyone updated.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blanton
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Things are still progressing along. We are planning to be open at the end of June. Will post more updates as we get closer. Thanks!

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blanton
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Everyone,

The paint is dry and the dust has settled. With a few final touches, we should be open by noon tomorrow, June 30th!

Thanks for all your support; we look forward to providing you with excellent service both on-line and in our new store location.

Scott and Crystal Blanton

The Gamer's Armory
684 Cary Towne Blvd.
Cary, NC 27511
(919)-238-4817
www.gamersarmory.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stein
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I have a cousin in Cary, NC. Now I have a reason to go visit her!cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carter
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGamersArmory wrote:
Hello Everyone,

The paint is dry and the dust has settled. With a few final touches, we should be open by noon tomorrow, June 30th!

Thanks for all your support; we look forward to providing you with excellent service both on-line and in our new store location.

Scott and Crystal Blanton

The Gamer's Armory
684 Cary Towne Blvd.
Cary, NC 27511
(919)-238-4817
www.gamersarmory.com

Awesome news Scott. I hope you guys have lots of success in your new store! I have a buddy that lives down the road in Clayton that I visit twice a year. Next time I'm down in your area I'll stop in and support you guys! Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Randy
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome that you are open now. Great to have another game store in the Triange.

My only complaint is that your store is almost 5 minutes away from where I work. If only you were closer

Gotta check it out this weekend!

- Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Blanton
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

Sorry about the distance you have to drive.

Hope to see you this weekend!

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just wanted to chime in for folks who may see this and wonder about the store.

This is, bar none, the best game store I've been to in the Triangle Area in 6 years of gaming in NC. Lots of stores have friendly folks or a nice game selection or a good location, but what The Gamer's Armory has is all of those things in one place.

I love that the store sees a steady stream of all kinds of gamers. On days I've been there I've seen CCGs, Warhammer 40k, Advanced Squad Leader, Dominion, and other games all being played at the same time. There's something really cool about not having the typical cramped dark gaming areas and being able to see lots of different kinds of games and gamers all in one place. It's also a lot of fun to watch games you'd never think of playing and talk to other gamers about the games you're playing.

Scott's tried to make this a place where gamers, families, and anyone else who is interested can come in to buy, play, and enjoying gaming. Truly unique and wonderful.

Keep up the great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls