Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Abstract fanMicrobadge: Modern abstract games fanMicrobadge: Vegan
This crazy idea of a Dixit/Zendo mashup came to me and seemed amusing/interesting...

This koan has the Buddha nature:
Board Game: Dixit

This koan does not have the Buddha nature:

Master, does this koan have the Buddha nature?

Yes, it does.

Master, does this koan have the Buddha nature?

No, it does not.

Master, does a koan have the Buddha nature if it has a door?
No, my Student. The following koan has a door, but does not have the Buddha nature:

...and so it goes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Padget
United States
Claremont
California [CA]
flag msg tools
Microbadge: BrightMicrobadge: Zen BuddhistMicrobadge: Philiophile - I am in love with love!Microbadge: Abstract fanMicrobadge: Game Explainer
Definitely a game that would require the right crowd. Fortunately, I think I know a right crowd for this. Neat idea, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Folke
Denmark
Lyngby (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
badge
Pierce 2
Microbadge: Order of the Stick fanMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Green Bay Packers fanMicrobadge: Questionable Content fanMicrobadge: Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal fan
Master does a Koan have the Buddha nature if it contains a rabbit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Abstract fanMicrobadge: Modern abstract games fanMicrobadge: Vegan
Falke wrote:

Sorry, I'm not the Master, I'm just the Variant Proposer!

To play this for real in the forum, we'd need individual scans of each card. The idea is admittedly appealing, but surely an abuse of both the gallery and the publisher's copyright...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Folke
Denmark
Lyngby (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
badge
Pierce 2
Microbadge: Order of the Stick fanMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Green Bay Packers fanMicrobadge: Questionable Content fanMicrobadge: Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal fan
But surely you had a rule in mind when you chose the pictures - if we can't play, at least you can tell us the rule you used
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I confess I improvised that example. I picked 4 random card arrangements from the gallery, then figured out a plausible rule for them, then made that the Student guess for them, then found a counterexample in the gallery. Sorry to destroy the magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: I love to pimp my own games!Microbadge: True NeutralMicrobadge: My S.O. hates gamesMicrobadge: Raising GamersMicrobadge: This is so exciting! I've never been so excited! Well, except for that time when I went "Oh my gosh, I'm a microbadge!", but I mean, really, who can top that?!
Falke wrote:
Alternatively: "Master, does a Koan have the Buddha nature if it contains an arched doorway?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: My Games For TradeMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Herculean Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: CLICK MICROBADGE to see what I have FOR SALE
So has anyone actually played the variant yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls