Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel
United States
Minnetonka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently moved to Minneapolis, so I made a Google map of the FLGS in the Twin Cities metro for quick access to directions and hours. I figured this could be a useful reference for people visiting or moving here as I just did.

Also, if I missed any stores or you know hours that I don't have on there, let me know and I'll update it.

Twin Cities FLGS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about the "F" part of FLGS but there's a Games By James in Ridgedale Mall in Minnetonka, a Games By James on the 3rd floor at Mall of America, and the Air Traffic Control store in Eden Prairie Center also has a couple games. I have bought at both GbJ stores on occasion just because I've been at the mall for other reasons and something caught my eye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Patten
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No, no, I'm fine. How are you?
mbmbmbmbmb

Here are all five locations for Air Traffic in the Twin Cities: http://www.airtrafficonline.com/store/pc/viewContent.asp?idp...

I bought both Ingenious and Space Hulk: Third Edition there. They have a fair selection of board games.

Games by James locations: http://www.gamesbyjames.com/about.htm

They have several locations in the Cities, though the one in Rosedale Center I liked, right across from Air Traffic, has closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel
United States
Minnetonka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I should make a map that includes all the locations where you can purchase hobby/gaming games. I guess the purpose of this one was more for places where you can play games as well as purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty comprehensive list though! Great job! There are a few one-off places that do tournament magic and board game events, but they don't offer product and basically just offer space to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Make sure to watch the Midwest forum for the monthly boardgame marathons in Bloomington (there's a break for June though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.legiongames.com/hours-and-location

Legion Games, formerly Misty Mountain North.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Universe Games at 711 W Lake Street.
http://universegames.com/store/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Source is moving to 2057 Snelling Ave N in March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WHAT? Why? What's that location look like? And wow.

EDIT - Nevermind, I found it on street-view. Ah, well hopefully this gives them a lot more space for gaming. That was always their achilles heel, imho. Tiny, cramped gaming space in the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

EDIT - Nevermind, I found it on street-view. Ah, well hopefully this gives them a lot more space for gaming. That was always their achilles heel, imho. Tiny, cramped gaming space in the back.

It's a 10,000 square feet space, so something tells me it's going to be juuuuust fine. Not to mention that the space is more wide open and less "skinny". That alone will make things seem more roomy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
wytefang wrote:

It's a 10,000 square feet space, so something tells me it's going to be juuuuust fine. Not to mention that the space is more wide open and less "skinny". That alone will make things seem more roomy.

Hopefully it will reduce inventory loss as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
wytefang wrote:

Hopefully it will reduce inventory loss as well.

"Inventory loss"?

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) not having to treasure hunt behind boxes behind boxes for games I thought I saw earlier in the week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just better prices would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilcoxon
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be moving to Woodbury, or thereabouts, in the summer. Anyone know anything about Armored Ogre in Inver Grove? Their website gives the impression of being MTG and WH40k heavy on the schedule but nothing about open boardgaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently staying in Minneapolis on vacation and would love to know if the FLGS map is still up to date. Also, what are the two best stores to visit in Minneapolis (excluding Fantasy Flight Games)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Source is not in Minneapolis, but I would say that is probably the first place you should check out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enoch
United States
Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
The Source is not in Minneapolis, but I would say that is probably the first place you should check out.

I concur...even if I'm not a big fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for putting this together!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yetikeeper wrote:
I'm currently staying in Minneapolis on vacation and would love to know if the FLGS map is still up to date. Also, what are the two best stores to visit in Minneapolis (excluding Fantasy Flight Games)?

The map is missing some smaller/newer shops, but honestly The Source and FFG Event Center are the two largest, and arguably nicest places in town. Both places have prices at MSRP, but in both cases, it's about having a place to play and both have a regular calendar of events.

Other shops in town are nice, but not as big, or cater more towards Magic players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for steering me in the right direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel gave me access to do updates, so send me things that you think are important to update.

I want to get the game stores first. Hours of operation and phone number if they are not in Google Maps, and loyalty program details would be the first things I'd like to have in there.

Then I'd like to add stores that have games, but are not primarily game stores: Stores like Target, BN, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Weeks
United States
Jordan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, Phantasy Hobbies in Shakopee just closed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just heard about this place last night.

20777 Holyoke Ave, Lakeville, MN 55044

http://www.worldofgamesonline.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clweeks wrote:
As I understand it, Phantasy Hobbies in Shakopee just closed up.
Thanks, Christopher,

Their home page/calendar still has upcoming events, and doesn't make note of their closing, and Google Maps does not yet show them as closed.

I think I'll try to call or email them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |