Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
93 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Let's Celebrate Dad - Canadian Math Trade - Discussion Thread - RESULTS POSTED! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Newfoundland - Made Right HereMicrobadge: Ferret ownerMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Cat loverMicrobadge: I speak French
Let's Celebrate Dad - Canadian Math Trade
Discussion Thread

RESULTS POSTED!

External image

Trade GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/55793
Request GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/55794

On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be required for this event. If you have any questions regarding the use of the OLWLG, feel free to ask in the discussion thread or via GeekMail.
Please remember to tip JeffyJeff & cokasaki some GG for their programs.

Key Dates & Times (EASTERN TIME - Take Note of AM/PM):
Open for posting games: Immediately until Tuesday, June 22th (9:00 AM)
Want list submission period: Tuesday, June 22th (9:00 AM) until Thursday, June 24th (7:00 AM)
Results about an hour thereafter!

These dates are non-negotiable and will not be changed. Please try to get your want list in early as it will not be extended due to any downtime.

Rules:

1) You must have a valid Canadian address to which your items will be shipped (ie. You don't have to be a Canadian to participate; however, you will need to have a Canadian address where the games can be shipped).

2) Do not delete or remove items from your entries once you have submitted them!

If you trade/sell or for any other reason cannot trade the item as listed before the end of the Math Trade, edit the geeklist item and strike out the text (Example: EXAMPLE; to do this: [ - ] EXAMPLE [ / - ] minus the spaces), change the Game ID to 23953 (Outside the Scope of BGG) and add +altname+ Item Withdrawn/Relisted -altname- and submit a blank wantlist for the item.

You can add items to your entries as sweeteners once they have been listed; however, you may NOT then remove such sweeteners (as someone may have added the item to their list because of said sweetener).

3) Gift certificates, Geekgold, and non Board Game/RPG items are all permitted. Gift certificate and GG arbitrage is NOT permitted. Cash offerings will NOT be permitted.

Gift Certificate & GG arbitrage is when you try to trade a gift certificate or an amount of GG for a higher gift certificate or higher amount of GG respectively. For example, adding a $40 Gift Certificate to your want list for a $25 Gift Certificate. I reserve the right the submit a blank want list on your behalf if you attempt gift certificate or GG arbitrage.

4) Non-game entries (DVDs/CDs/GG/Gift Certificates etc) must be listed as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will NOT work for sweeteners.

Therefore, if you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, you are required use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

5) In your entries you are required to describe the condition of the components & box as best as possible for all items you are trading (ie. You are required to describe the condition of games which are New (In Shrink) and any included Sweetners).

It is not acceptable to simply say as pictured. For those who use the OLWLG to add entries they will not see the image. It is always best to grab your game, check the box and just list the publisher/edition in the post.

For games which have multiple languages and editions, you also required to specify the language and edition of your item.

For games which are not being sent in shrink you are required to inventory the components and list anything missing. Do not assume that the game is complete, even if you have never played the game and just removed the shrink.

Please list if the game is coming from a smoke free environment or not.

If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" you are required to make that clear in the description (give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

If you are listing an expansion, and you would like to reference the base game in the description; be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it (ie. if you include a link to the base game, you will be required to send the base game).

If you do not list a condition, missing components, edition or smoking details the game will be considered to be in excellent to mint condition, complete, English language and from a non-smoking home.

6) Sweeteners are required to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (Example: Coloretto; to do this: [ G A M E I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Game ID simply search the game and at the right hand side of the games page is listed the Game ID. For example, Coloretto's game id is 5782. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

Do NOT include links to other game's BGG page in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener. Again, if you include a link to a game in your description you will be required to ship that game.

If you would like to include a link to a game you are NOT including; use www.tinyurl.com (or a similiar service) to create a link that will redirect to the game's page (Example: http://tinyurl.com/my4h67 instead of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5782 or Coloretto), or use one of the pictures from the game's listing (Example: See Below, to do this: [ I m a g e I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Image ID simply search the game, and find the picture you would like to link, at the left hand side of the image page is listed the Image ID. For example, the main image for Coloretto's Image ID is 149765. If you don't use this format your items will show up as sweeteners, and you will be required to ship that game.

Board Game: Coloretto

7) If you are offering a Pick X number of games from a list you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ Pick X -altname- in the description. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will not work for sweeteners. Therefore if you are allowing a person to pick from multiple sweeteners and are including a specific game; you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ GAME NAME + Pick X -altname-.

8) You will be required to cover the full shipping costs for the games you are shipping to any valid Canadian address. If you're shipping and want to pay extra for insurance, without the recipient requesting it, that's your choice and that cost should not be passed on to the recipient without their prior consent. However, if the recipient requests and is willing to pay for priority shipping/insurance, please accommodate accordingly.

9) There is no list cap; therefore, you can submit an unlimited number of items. If there is something you really hope to see someone post; please list it in the Request GeekList.

10) If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know. I reserve the right to submit a blank want list on behalf of any items (though unlikely). If I do submit a blank want list on your behalf; I will notify you via GeekMail.

11) You are NOT permitted include links to where you are selling the item/game (example BGG Marketplace link/E-bay link). This makes your entry look like you are only trying to sell your game and not looking to trade it. As this is a Trade list, items here should be those you are looking to trade not advertise for sale.

12) You will be required to periodically check your entries for Comments, and respond to them as appropriate. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.

13) You will be submitting your want list using the OLWLG.

It is best to work on your want list and submit it early, so you don't miss the deadline. If you need to make changes after it is submitted, you can make the necessary changes and then resubmit it any time during the submission period (this does not cause any extra work for me, so feel free to do this as often as needed).

If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.

Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread. When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you do not get one, your want lists have not been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Other useful information:
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Note: Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.

Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.

If you've never used the OLWLG before:

1) Follow this link - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/bgglogin.cgi
2) Enter your BGG name and click on "Send Now".
3) You will receive a GeekMail containing your own personal link to the new OLWLG.
4) For assistance using the OLWLG please see the links provided above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Newfoundland - Made Right HereMicrobadge: Ferret ownerMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Cat loverMicrobadge: I speak French
Re: Let's Celebrate Dad - Canadian Math Trade - Discussion Thread
In the end we missed:

# MISSING 7 WANTS (1.1%) FROM 3 USER(s) (3.5%):
# BakeliteTM (5)
# deinstein (1)
# Foo Dog (1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
Some Links:

Users List
Official Summary
Official Wants
Most Wanted
Who Wanted Yours?

A Few Statistics:

# Users with items: 85
# MISSING 7 WANTS (1.1%) FROM 3 USER(s) (3.5%):
[ users trading = 66 ]

66/82 = 80.5% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 617
Num trades = 128 of 620 items (20.6%)

128/620 = 20.6% of Items that had a Want List Traded

Num groups = 6
Group sizes = 78 35 11 4 2
Elapsed time = 38999ms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
And what everyone wants to know:

Results (OLWLG)
Results (Text)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Mega Man fanMicrobadge: Ace Attorney fanMicrobadge: Water Pokemon FanMicrobadge: Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men fanMicrobadge: I will never stop playing SNES!
i dont know how to add games in the MTG. how do i?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Plays Games At LunchMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Toronto Maple Leafs fanMicrobadge: Sagrada fanMicrobadge: Toronto Blue Jays fan
JesseOlivier wrote:
Simply add them to the trade list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/55793

You should also read the Math Trade and OLWLG guides in Daezee's post. You'll need to use the OLWLG to put together and submit your want list. If you have any questions, ask in this thread, and Daezee, me, or someone else will help you out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Mega Man fanMicrobadge: Ace Attorney fanMicrobadge: Water Pokemon FanMicrobadge: Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men fanMicrobadge: I will never stop playing SNES!
i dont know how to make my post look like the others... do i just comment add a pickture and it will format itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Sumo fanMicrobadge: My child has no mercy beating me in games.Microbadge: Chone manya weesh asha beecho...Microbadge: I love Canada
You need to "add item" to the geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
ty. i figured out how to add the games. can u help me figure out how to add my wants?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Sumo fanMicrobadge: My child has no mercy beating me in games.Microbadge: Chone manya weesh asha beecho...Microbadge: I love Canada
You'll need to use the OLWLG for that, easiest thing is to read the wiki here...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
roger that. howerver i have read it many times and im still stuck. im trying to sort thought the games other people have posted and the only one that is coming up is red november. the first time i checked there was more. when i try to change the sorting it saus, "Please Wait
Please wait, resorting... fetching... of 20"

ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Ricochet Robots fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Heart of CrownMicrobadge: Mystic Vale - Whatever it takesMicrobadge: Reef Encounters of the Second Kind fan
Use a browser other than Internet Explorer. It is notoriously slow with heavy use of javascript, which the OLWLG uses.

A current version of Safari, Chrome, Opera, or Firefox will do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
At the top of the page there should be a link to show all entries. After you've viewed it once it defaults to just showing you new entries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Ricochet Robots fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Heart of CrownMicrobadge: Mystic Vale - Whatever it takesMicrobadge: Reef Encounters of the Second Kind fan
Also note that, by default, the OLWLG only shows you new games added since the last time you checked the list. If you want to see all of the entries again, there is a link at the top of the OLWLG page to click.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
thanks guys. this is my first math trade. the help is apreciated.

ps is this the way to go for adding wants. just sorting through other peoples posts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Plays Games At LunchMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Toronto Maple Leafs fanMicrobadge: Sagrada fanMicrobadge: Toronto Blue Jays fan
JesseOlivier wrote:
ps is this the way to go for adding wants. just sorting through other peoples posts?
I subscribe to the GeekList, then, as things are added, I can decide if I want them.

I then add them to my want list in the OLWLG. (It can take a while for them to show up there, depending how often the person running the Trade updates the list.)

Using the priority numbers in the OLWLG, I can sort the games based on how much I want them, and check off the appropriate boxes based on what I'm willing to trade for what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
o i also checked the list. it only shows me 20 of all the games. is there a page number thing or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gresch
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: BrettSpielWelt playerMicrobadge: My Games For TradeMicrobadge: Evo fanMicrobadge: It's a Jeep ThingMicrobadge: Math Trader
JesseOlivier wrote:
o i also checked the list. it only shows me 20 of all the games. is there a page number thing or something?
Daisy has to periodically recync the OLWLG with what's been added to the geeklist for it to show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
o ok. that makes sense. so i have to keep checking back to see the new games?

also how do i remove a game from my want list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
also is there a way to see if anyone is interested in my games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
JesseOlivier wrote:
Just don't check anything beside it, and it won't go on any of your submitted want lists.

You can't see if anyone has your games on their lists - many people might not keep their lists updated as they go, and knowing others' want lists might make you change yours, which might result in less trades. General wisdom these days is that it's best not knowing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
JesseOlivier wrote:
I seem to remember writing something up about this. Let me see if I can find it... (Links have been updated for this trade)

Daezee wrote:
I'd be happy to walk you through it, step by step, if you'd like (and anyone else for that matter). Simply GeekMail me and I'll respond giving detailed answers about the steps you are in.

Quick Overview on Taking Part:

Taking part in a Math Trade is simple, and relatively worry free.

Step 1: Locate the Active Math Trade List

Follow the links and find the list for the math trade. This is generally known as the Trade GeekList (Click Here for the Current Math Trade).

Step 2: Checking Key Dates

You will want to ensure you'll be available to submit during the submission period, or if not message the moderator about alternatives for your want list.

Step 3: Reading Rules

Of course, I can't say this isn't important. Most are straightforward, and the same every math trade, but it's always good to re-read them and ensure you understand them.

Step 4: Adding Items

This step is interchangable with Step 5. You can request items first if you like to base what you list on what others have listed, or list your items first to try and prompt some more listings.

There are a number of steps involved in this. If it is your first math trade, on the Math Trade GeekList page under the header is a link Add Item (Click Here for a Picture of the Location of this Link). It will take you to a page for you to add an item to the GeekList. Here you will list the item you are looking to trade. First you select Board Game. This will load the description fields for you to fill out. First enter the Board Game name, this should load the main image automatically (you can change this if you desire). One you have the board game selected, enter the appropriate description of your items. (Click Here for a Picture of the Page Layout). Then click Save.

Do this as many times as necessary to add all games you are looking to trade in the Math Trade (it's unlikely all items will trade).

Step 5: Requesting Items

This step is interchangable with Step 4. You can request items first if you like to base what you list on what others have listed, or list your items first to try and prompt some more listings.

There are a number of steps involved in this. On the Math Trade Request List page under the header is a link Add Item (Click Here for a Picture of the Location of this Link). It will take you to a page for you to add an item to the GeekList. Here you will list the item you are hoping that someone lists. First you select Board Game. This will load the description fields for you to fill out. First enter the Board Game name, this should load the main image automatically (you can change this if you desire). One you have the board game selected, enter comments if you would like. (Click Here for a Picture of the Page Layout) Then click Save.

Do this as many times are required to request any items you hope to see listed (this doesn't mean they will be listed).

Step 6: Creating your Want List

This step is all about figuring out what you want from the Math Trade (this may be anywhere from nothing to a whole bunch of stuff). You can go through the list on BGG or through the OLWLG to read over what other people listed and see what you would like.

You will add stuff to your Want List via the OLWLG (Click Here for Information on Using the OLWLG). If you have trouble or need assistance with the OLWLG, feel free to ask, and I'd be happy to help out.

Keep in mind that you can work on your want list before the want list submission period opens, you will just not be able to submit your wants until that time.

Step 7: Submitting your Want List

Once the Trade GeekList is closed, generally want list submissions will be opened. At this point in the OLWLG you can click the Submit my Want List and then Submit to submit your Want List into the system. Again, if you need further assistance with the OLWLG I'd be happy to offer my assistance to anyone who needs it.

Final Comments:

I hope this helps you to understand how the process of taking part works. I realize that it is very brief, but as stated I'd be happy to go into further detail about any of the steps which you are questioning. I can go ahead and send screenshots, etc as a way of guiding you through if necessary.

Edit: Keep in mind that you will never get a trade that you did not have prior knowledge of. You will create your own want list, and if there is an item you end up not wanting to trade, simply submit a blank want list for the item and it will not be traded. Only games that end up on your want list will be possibilities for you to get in a trade. Keep in mind when creating your want list that any items you select will be considered as possibilities in the Trade Maximizer (and whichever leads to more trades will be selected). But you will never end up with a game you did not add to your want list.

I do hope to see you participating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
JesseOlivier wrote:
o ok. that makes sense. so i have to keep checking back to see the new games?

There is no way to remove it from your want list. That said, iklinck is right. It won't trade if you don't have any checks in the check boxes for that item.

JesseOlivier wrote:
also is there a way to see if anyone is interested in my games?
There's no way to see if someone is specifically interested in your game. Check the request list and see if someone has posted a request for it. Usually I thumb entries that are of interest to me. If your entry has a thumb that might be an indicator that someone is interested in it.

At the end of the math trade there will be a link that will allow you to see what items wanted your items. It will give you an idea of the interest that was in your games. Yeah, kind of sucks that you don't get that until the end, but it can help you to put valuations on your games in the next math trade, etc.

And since this will probably come up in future questions:

Duplicate protection is used to ensure you don't get 2 copies of the same game for 2 of your games. The basis of it is that the TradeMax will consider only 1 copy of the game on your want list, even though there are multiple copies for you are willing to receive.

Since a lot of people have had trouble with this in the past, I've taken some screenshots which might help with how to set it up (if you need it).

Step 1:
External image

Step 2:
External image

Step 3:
External image

Step 4:
External image

Step 5:
External image

Step 6:
External image

Step 7:
External image

Step 8:
External image

Step 9:
External image

Step 10:
External image

Step 11:
External image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
i was wondering how to change the games i have submitted. I apparently posted them wrong. I didnt know how to group them. can i redact posts and group some of the games i have together?

if i can who do i remove them and gorup them properly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
JesseOlivier wrote:
i was wondering how to change the games i have submitted. I apparently posted them wrong. I didnt know how to group them. can i redact posts and group some of the games i have together?

if i can who do i remove them and gorup them properly?
Do not delete the entries. This goes for anyone who needs to make changes to their entries Some people (myself included) jot down the geeklist numbers for items they are interested in. Deleting times would change that number and thus could throw people off.

If you trade/sell or for any other reason cannot trade the item as listed before the end of the Math Trade, edit the geeklist item and strike out the text (Example: EXAMPLE; to do this: [ - ] EXAMPLE [ / - ] minus the spaces), change the Game ID to 23953 (Outside the Scope of BGG) and add +altname+ Item Withdrawn/Relisted -altname- and submit a blank wantlist for the item (just don't check any of the boxes in this column and that means the want list is blank).

You can add items to your entries as sweeteners once they have been listed; however, you may NOT then remove such sweeteners (as someone may have added the item to their list because of said sweetener).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |