Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,

I am visiting family here in Ft. Colins Col. and was wondring about game stores inthe area? Or game groups that get together?

Also are there any Heroscapers in Ft. Colins?

Thanks in advance, I am here for at least 2 weeks from June 17th 2010

Hendal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Roberts
United States
Lead
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gryphon Games & Comics on South College Ave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Dammit Timmy! Why couldnt your family be close to Ft. Jackson in SC?

Hope you find some gamers, wish you were further East, would have loved to play some 'Scape with you.

coming from Costa Rica, this place is fricking freezing, I wish my family lived there instead laugh

Sean - thanks, you guys are fast I tell you. If your looking for a gamer to game with, I am sure I can make time for some gaming - I only have Farlander &
[thing=62769][/thing]
with me,

Thanks

Tom

Edit - Sean I see you may not be close to here, S. Dakota may be to far for me to go to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've only visited Ft. Collins a couple of times, but a cursory Google search yields these places:

Haunted Game Cafe
3307 S. College Ave
Fort Collins CO 80525
(970) 402-2466

http://www.hauntedgamecafe.com

A coffee house, game store, and cafe with open gaming.

It's Your Move
Foothills Mall
215 E. Foothills Parkway
Fort Collins, Colorado 80525
(970) 229-0554

http://itsyourmovegamestore.com/

Looks like a local chain.

Gryphon Games & Comics, LLC
2020 S. College Ave. Suite B
Fort Collins, CO 80525
(970) 229-0554

http://www.gryphongamesandcomics.com

I've actually been to this one, briefly. Had a regular amount of games, miniatures, and comic books. Nothing jumped out at me, but seems like they did have a decent collection of recent and popular games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of gamers in Ft Collins. See the wiki page:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Western_US

Western_US
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you guys, you gotta love the BGG!

I am excited to check out these games stores, and the cafe shop looks awesome. Anybody play games there? Or know if it is easy to just get in a game with other people there that I do not know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kirby g
United States
sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont forget to eat at the waffle house while there, lol. I stayed there for a few days while on a trip with my harley. Its a nice area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keldon Jones
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A large group of BGG'ers meets Tuesday nights at Gryphon's Games and Comics. See geeklists of games played:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/lists/user/cscottk?domain=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Giron
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott did a good job of laying out the gaming store landscape here in the Fort. Here is a little more detail about each...

The Northern Colorado Board Gamers meet every Tuesday night in the back room at Gryphon. Gaming usually starts around 5PM and goes as late as people want to stick around. There are a few of us who usually stick around past midnight. We usually get anywhere between 15 to 30 or so people show up each week and drop ins are welcome.

As for Haunted Games Cafe, Friday night is usually the best time to go if you are looking to get into a game, though Saturday night sometimes is good too. There is less space to game here, thus less people to game with, but they do have a really good selection of open games to play. On Fri/Sat, the official closing time is 10 PM but Gary, the owner, always lets us stay late to finish up games we are in.

It's Your Move is a game store in the local shopping mall with no space for gaming at all. Plus, you'll get a much better selection of games to browse at Gryphon and Haunted Games.

Let me know if you have any questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hit Haunted Cafe tonight, but didn't get there till 9:30 so no gaming, but they do have a great selection of games, my wife asked me to buy a game , it was Farkle laugh - 6 dice and a score pad with a cup, I explained I have hundreds of dice and could print up the rules and pad from here, but I bought it since she asked , so so many sweet games there I so want to buy or try and I get farkle - such is life I guess, at least she asked me to buy a game for us!

Michael - thanks for the great info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Giron
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! It really is a great place. They have only been open about 6 months and I hope Gary continues to do well with the store so it sticks around. I would have made it tonight but a co-worker invited me to play poker so I skipped.

If you come to Gryphon's on Tuesday night, you'll have no problem getting in a game or 3. I've never seen Heroscape played there though, so unless you packed it yourself, you're out of luck.

I hope you guys are enjoying yourselves here in Ft Collins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroscape is my favorite game, but it is not one you just bring and set up - just way to much stuff all said and done. I want to try new games I have never played before to be honest. I am more of a under an hour game type of person, 2 hour games don't interest me that much, but I would try them verses sitting out.

Do people bring their own games to Grypons? Do they have a nice or large selection of games we can play ( The Haunted cafe had a very nice selection I thought - small world is one I would really like to try )

thanks Michael, will you be at Gryphons on Tues?

I found me a scaper in Cheyene Wy., so I hope to go up Monday, but we will see what the wife and her family have planned first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Giron
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes typically, the games that are played at Gryphons are ones brought by the folks who play there. There are a shelf full of games there that are also available, but those don't usually see much play time for some reason.

Yes I am planning on being there at Gryphon's on Tuesday around 6:30. I already have a game of Age of Industry planned when I get there, but after that its open. Our group has a online message board which we use to try and plan some games ahead of time. (http://skippen.com/boardgames/). I can request that someone bring a copy of Smallworld and we can try to get in a game after I'm done with AoI. I don't own a copy myself or I'd bring it, but I really like the game and it doesn't take too long to play.

What do you think about Dominion? Just about everyone in our group will play that anytime, me included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twinge
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
keebie wrote:
Dont forget to eat at the waffle house while there, lol.

Waffle House, pah. If you want breakfast food, Snooze is a breakfast place in oldtown Ft. Collins that has the most delicious pancakes ever. The Cinnful ones are downright *decadent*.

Anyway, Gryphon's is awesome. There's a moderate selection on the shelf but most of the regulars also bring a tub full of games each week as well. The big back room gives us plenty of room to spread out, and they have it set up so a few of us have keys to lock up the back room separately from the front so the owner's go home but we can stay as late as we'd like and lock up afterward; it's a sweet system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Small World really take over an hour?

Dominion I would love to play, I bought it at gencon last year and still have not figured it out? I threw my back out and did not get to game at night at GC or I would have learned, but I really want to learn how to play it, I just watched a video review on how to play it and have the basics down more or less, but am sure I will lose to people who have played it before

Thanks for all the info, I really hope to be there on Tues. if all goes well, I so need to game.

I will bring farlander and Sturgeon if any one wants to try them out, I have not played farlander, but it is a very easy game to learn I can tell.

Thanks

Tom

AOL looks interesting, but I prefer my games a little shorter to be honest. Plus in a 2 hour game I don't think it would be as fun being the new guy, or as fun for the people who already know the game.

I am hoping to hit the shop tomorrow just to see what games they do have for open gaming. I am very excited to get in some gaming.

Hope to see you all there on Tues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hit the gryphon today, very nice place, the back room is very big.

They had Heroscape stuff I did not have,

I got Nanuk - so I will bring that one along also if anyone is interested,

I also picked up a few KOTDT - I love that comic, that is what lead me to Heroscape and then the BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael - Stone Age & Felix the cat both look like great games I would enjoy trying out. I am excited to actually sit in on an actual game group and see how it goes - living in the frontier of Costa Rica I have to turn friends and volunteers into gamers to get any serious gaming going

edit - just read the rules to stone age, this one looks cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Giron
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I will bring Stone Age, Felix and Dominion tonight. Also, I've been told that there's a store copy of Small World if you are still interested in trying that. Depending on how long my game of Age of Industry goes, I should be available to start any of these ~8:30.

BTW, is your name Tim or Tom?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Names Tom Boylan

Tim, Tim, Timmy is from South Park

That sounds great

So who are the thrifters in town, and what day is best to hit the thrift stores?

I found Bible Challenge yesterday but besides that there was not much worth getting ( clue and operation - both I have, and Jr. scrabble and I have the regular one )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Giron
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't hit the thrift stores that often, but when I do I usually go to the Habitat for Humanity store south of Fort Collins. Just take College Ave south out of Ft Collins until you start to head into Loveland. After you pass the Walmart, start looking for it on your left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you all gaming tonight in Ft. Collins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Giron
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we are. Are you thinking about joining us tonight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, I love KoDT as well, even though I've never played RPGs!

I'll be bringing my copy of Small World (with expansions) and I expect to be there around 5ish.

Sterling, EVERY Tuesday! ;-) (Except not with me anymore since I moved to Aurora...but I have research meetings at CSU on some Tuesdays)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am there a little after 5 also if all goes well, I am very excited. I have no clue how to play small world, so maybe the first game with out expansions for me

Michael - thanks for the tip I will try and go there today, or tomorrow if I can't make it.

I was big into RPG as a kid and played a some in College and then some down in Costa Rica - then I found Heroscape and my desire to play RPG's just totally died - of course I was always DM and felt like I had to do homework for others to play the game.

Then I found BGG and realized how much easier it is to bring a board or card game to a friends and play verses all the heroscape stuff

TOM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eskmoe wrote:
Yes we are. Are you thinking about joining us tonight?
I was hoping to, but things have gone south. It is doubtful, but I will see.

William, if you are in Aurora now, any chance you might join us for my gaming on the weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |