Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
I hope this isn't a double post.

Anyway, bought Yomi PnP. Printed the sheets on A4. I haven't cut the cards out, but I can already tell they're smaller than I expected. Compared to my FLash Duel deluxe cards, the Yomi ones are about 5mm shorter and a few mm narrower.

Not a particular issue, just wanted to check that is the default size and I shouldn't have jiggled around with the printer settings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how this PnP game is setup, but if it's a PDF you may want to make sure that the option "shrink to fit paper" is NOT checked in your printing options before printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I believe the cards are sized for US Letter (8.5" x 11"). I printed mine that way (w/out Shrink To Fit) and they came out perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
OK, that's the problem.

Look at this link:

http://betweenborders.com/wordsmithing/a4-vs-us-letter/

Tellingly, it says that when most people in the world reach for paper for a letter, they get A4 - the size I was using. It was a PDF.

EDIT:

I changed my printing preferences (on a Mac) so that 'US Letter' was the default printing size. I then printed on A4 as normal and the cards were the right size. (The white space at the edge of the paper was smaller, but cards were fine.)

Might be worth mentioning that on the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sime Mardesic
Australia
Bacchus Marsh
Victoria
flag msg tools
Yeah I fell for this also. They look good, but they don't fit my sleeves as nicely as they could. I'll be sure to do this when we print of a really nice version. Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also printed my cards with "shrink to fit paper" enabled. But it actually looks quite nice. I sleeved them together with old Pokemon TCG cards and they fit well inbetween the cards' borders (the sleeves make sure they don'tget out of place).

I faced a major problem when trying to replace a single card. I couldn't print a single card (selection) only because it wouldn't shrink to fit the other cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.