8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: FLGS in Pennsylvania rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Any boardgame stores located near Wharton Business School in Pennsylvania or even within the general area/state?

Even online with cheap delivery in that location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly sure where Wharton is located... You might want to give some nearby cities to help folks make suggestions.

As for online... GameSurplus (http://www.gamesurplus.com/site/index.cfm) is in Liditz, PA, near Lancaster. If you order something today (during business hours), and it's in stock, it's almost a dead cinch that you'll have it tomorrow via UPS ground, which is pretty cheap. And he's got a list of "ships free" games.

He's a great guy to deal with and gives you a great value for your gaming dollar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redcap's Corner is close to UPenn and has nice gaming space but not a lot of stock. If you don't mind traveling, there are some great shops in the burbs. My favorite is Games Keep in West Chester, PA - fantastic shop with a great selection, gaming space, great prices and the owner, Karl, is a class act all the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Favocci
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like was mentioned earlier, Red Caps Corner is right next to Penn's campus (40th and Locust). It's small, but they have a decent selection.

redcapscorner.com

If you are willing to go to Jersey, All Things Fun is a great store.

allthingsfun.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MacBeth wrote:

If you are willing to go to Jersey, All Things Fun is a great store.

allthingsfun.net

All Things fun is a great store for board gaming (also CCG and comic books though not my thing). Its only about 20 minutes or so from the bridges.

They have open board gaming there every wednesday night from 6pm-10pm in the summer and from 6pm-9pm the rest of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wharton is in Philly.

If you're out towards the Main Line suburbs, I highly recommend Showcase Comics:
http://mysite.verizon.net/mnjclark/showcasecomics/

He has two locations - one in Bryn Mawr (his original location) and one in the Granite Run Mall. Actually, at last report, he had TWO storefronts in the Mall - one he uses exclusively for gaming space and tournaments.

(I need to tell him his website has some picture errors.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ScottB wrote:
My favorite is Games Keep in West Chester, PA - fantastic shop with a great selection, gaming space, great prices and the owner, Karl, is a class act all the way.

Awww, Scott! blush Hehe - thanks for the plug (check's in the mail, I swear!)

Yeah,we're probably 35-40 mins outside of Philly, but with probably more than 1700 board/card game titles in stock, there's a bit of something for everyone.

You might want to check out 7th Dimension Games in Abbington/Roslyn - they're a bit closer to Philly. I know they'll be moving in the upcoming months but it looks like it's just going to be down the road a couple miles from their current location. Glen, the owner, is another class act gentleman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Seymour
United States
Jenkintown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the mention Karl. That free ice cream cone is in the mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls