5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Good game store in the Detroit area? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathon Ebonsword
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting back into board gaming/miniature gaming after a *very* long absence.

Are there any good stores in the Detroit area?

I buy a lot of stuff online, but it would be nice to have a local source for things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What area are you near? RIW Hobbies in Livonia at 5 Mile and Middlebelt is an awesome store for gaming. And south of there in Garden City at Middlebelt and Ford road is Pandemonium which is a great store also, with plenty of miniatures. They both have websites you can check out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Livonia: (East of Middlebelt on 5 Mile)
RIW

Madison Heights: (South of 12 mile on John R, near I-75)
Guild of Blades

Shelby Township: (North of 21? mile on Van Dyke, north from M-59)
Sundance Cards (as far as I know, they do not have a website)

I have not been to Pandemonium, and do not know about any other currently existing game stores.

The three above are listed in order of greatest selection, but any of them will put a game on order for you. I'm pretty sure they are good about letting you know if a game is in/released/available for you to come in and get it as soon as it is released as well.

I know RIW has a gaming area, with something like a board game day (evening) on, last I heard, Wednesdays. I don't know about the availability of space for boardgaming on other days.
Guild of Blades (probably better known for their printing services) also has a small area for gaming, but again I am unaware of the times and availability.
Sundance doesn't really have room for gaming in store (small store and wall to wall packed with stuff, with just a portion of it board gaming), but I think they have been good about coming out to Cons, like Michicon.

Also Fair Play Games is an on line store, but up in Columbiaville, if that matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pam just reorganized the store; the board game area is now in the rear of the store. The entire layout feels more open and I think there is more shelf space for boardgames now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaboy Green
United States
livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are a few places in ann arbor as well
if i get unlazy ill try to find a link or 2 later