Popular Tags: [View All]
Ezra Nicholson
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am heading to Lewiston, NY for a concert on Thursday and was wondering if there were any good game stores in the area? I did a quick google search and came up with Board Games America. Is this place worth hitting up? Anywhere else worth going to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph K
United States
Orchard
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as far as i know there are no good board game stores in all of western new york. your best bet is in the toronto area. have fun at the concert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joekid wrote:
as far as i know there are no good board game stores in all of western new york. your best bet is in the toronto area. have fun at the concert.
Your information is flawed.
Millennium Games in Rochester is an excellent source for boardgames with a great selection and very up to date.
They also provide play space in abundance and a store sponsored board game night every Wednesday.

They also support the 60-70 Rochester Boardgame Society members by hosting a game day from open until close every third Saturday of the month.

Oh and Buffalo has a gaming group called BACSIM. They meet once a month at the U of Buffalo.
They also send a contingent frequently to our Rochester meets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochestor and Lewiston are about 70 miles apart.

Ezra, you'd be better off stopping at JJ's either on you way there or on your way back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and enjoy The Flaming Lips show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schroeder
United States
Lewiston
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
OP, I live near Lewiston, and I can tell you, no, there are no BG stores in this area. There's one in Buffalo that has a lot of miniatures and some board games, but I don't think it'd worth the trek out there.

I used to live in St. Catharines actually - I'd check out Phoenix rising games on St. Paul Street, I believe.

The millenium games store, yeah that's in Rochester, so about an hour or so away from where your going. I heard it's a nice store, but the trek out there for wear and tear on your car, time and gas, you'll be losing out, especially as I also heard they are expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls