Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Gaming Options in London rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going off to London this weekend. As it turned out I now have Saturday afternoon through evening free. The place I'm staying is about ten minutes from a tube station (Kilburn-Jubilee Line). Is there a cool FLGS to check out near a station? Somewhere playing a game that any old slob, including an American could hop in on?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Would
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than the tube you could jump on a bus to Central Finchley and go to Leisure Games. If I recall correctly the 125 bus goes up to there which should be able to be caught from close by.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rwould wrote:
Rather than the tube you could jump on a bus to Central Finchley and go to Leisure Games. If I recall correctly the 125 bus goes up to there which should be able to be caught from close by.
Thanks Richard, exactly the type of advice I was looking for

- Trevor
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Winter324 wrote:
rwould wrote:
Rather than the tube you could jump on a bus to Central Finchley and go to Leisure Games. If I recall correctly the 125 bus goes up to there which should be able to be caught from close by.
Thanks Richard, exactly the type of advice I was looking for

- Trevor
Busses to Finchley central:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/finch...

And from Kilburn:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/kilbu...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Leisure Games is an excellent option in North London, but there are other London games shops listed in the uk_faq
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor

Since Playin' Games closed down there are only two real games shops in London. Leisure Games which has already been mentioned and Orcs nest which is in Central London, very near to Cambridge Circus, However you are unlikely to find much to buy that you can't get cheaper back home.

If you wanted to buy any games I suggest you have a look at www.boardgameguru.co.uk. Paul Lister who runs that site has quite a few imports, scoops and special offers that might be of more interest to you than you will find in the shops. Paul does not have a shop but is usually happy to have people pick up from his home.

If you are looking for somewhere to play games, neither of the shops offer that kind of facility. My games group, London on Board do have weekend gaming sessions in central London twice a month, unfortunately not next weekend though. Our next session is next Wednesday evening if you are still around then we would be delighted to have you come along.

Sorry I can't give you any better news about gaming over the coming weekend. Hopefully someone else will know of something going on.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnBandettini wrote:
Trevor

Since Playin' Games closed down there are only two real games shops in London. Leisure Games which has already been mentioned and Orcs nest which is in Central London, very near to Cambridge Circus, However you are unlikely to find much to buy that you can't get cheaper back home.

If you wanted to buy any games I suggest you have a look at www.boardgameguru.co.uk. Paul Lister who runs that site has quite a few imports, scoops and special offers that might be of more interest to you than you will find in the shops. Paul does not have a shop but is usually happy to have people pick up from his home.

If you are looking for somewhere to play games, neither of the shops offer that kind of facility. My games group, London on Board do have weekend gaming sessions in central London twice a month, unfortunately not next weekend though. Our next session is next Wednesday evening if you are still around then we would be delighted to have you come along.

Sorry I can't give you any better news about gaming over the coming weekend. Hopefully someone else will know of something going on.
Unfortunately I am out of there on Tuesday. Very short business trip. I am honored by your invitation. If I can ever return the favor let me know. Thanks to you.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls