Viper .
msg tools
Does anyone here know which gaming store in the Seattle area has the best selection of board games from companies such as Fantasy Flight Games, Days of Wonder, Asmodee, and Rio Grande Games?

Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might like to Check out Cardhaus up here in Lynnwood. You can look at their website to see what kind of selection they have. Www.Cardhaus.com hope that helps.

Damon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Seattle Guild has an excellent discussion thread on its forums about this subject. Good luck!

Seattle, WA, USA Guild » Forums » General
Subject: Local Brick & Mortar Stores
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/170837
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cuthbertson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
simpledamon wrote:
I think you might like to Check out Cardhaus up here in Lynnwood. You can look at their website to see what kind of selection they have. Www.Cardhaus.com hope that helps.

Damon

This. While their retail space is about the size of 3 book shelves and a couple shelves holding CCGs their stuff in the back is quite extensive. You'll also end up paying "online" prices for the games versus MSRP like you will at most of the other B&M stores around.

Just make sure you know what you're looking for before you go in there as there isn't a whole lot to "browse" through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been in the city that long yet, so I don't know all of the stores (or even most), but I really enjoy Blue Highway Games.

http://bluehighwaygames.com/default.aspx

They have a pretty good selection and a great library of games to play while you're in the store. Plus the store itself is just beautiful -- nice hardwood floors, good lighting... Really a great shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett R.
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus probably has the largest selection overall. For an 'on the shelf' retail store, I'd go with Pheonix Games up in Mukilteo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of game stores in the greater Seattle area, however, very few (if any) offer any discounts. Not that this is a bad thing, and I still will occassionally buy a game at full retail, but I don't understand why more don't offer deals. I guess the margins on games are pretty slim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MSV Burns
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get yer butt down here to the Olympia are and take a spin through Olympic Cards & Comics... There's 7,000 square feet of nerderiffic goodness on offer and there's gotta be damn near 1,000 boardgames in the place.

And there's plenty of F in the LGS...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have visited Cardhaus in Lynnwood for several years. One of the employees recommended to call ahead to let the store you will be purchasing physically as opposed to the Web site.

The inventory in the retail space is limited because the business is focused on Internet orders. Calling ahead gives the staff to get your order from the local warehouse if the items are not on the shelves of the store.

You may have to wait a few hours or a day and drive a little distance but the discounts are great.

My favorite stores for the types of games you mentioned include Gary's Games and Hobbies in Lynnwood, Dragon's Lair in Bellevue, Games and Gizmos in Redmond and Blue Highway Games on Queen Anne Hill.

The Game Matrix has a huge inventory, however you will have to drive to Tacoma.

The Dreaming in the University District is an excellent comics store with a nice selection of RPGs.

The Uncle's Games chain of stores in Bellevue and Redmond also have good inventories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls