Subject: Game stores in Cary/Raleigh NC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Sykes
Ghana
Accra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be visiting my sister soon, who stays in Cary, NC, along with my extended family. Grateful for any game store suggestions. I have seen the ad for Gamers' Armory which I will definitely visit, but it seems more suited to my tastes (wargames) than my family's. Any other suggestions for game stores in Cary which might cater more for the Euro/family market (my brother for example is after Ghost Stories, Cheeky Monkey, For Sale, Forbidden Isle and Dream Factory)?

If nothing of note in Cary, anything in Raleigh which would be worth a special trip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
All Fun and Games is a nice little game store; we go there everytime we are in the Raleigh area. http://www.allfunngames.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Quote:
I have seen the ad for Gamers' Armory which I will definitely visit, but it seems more suited to my tastes (wargames) than my family's.

Triangle Wargaming Day
August 1, 2010 from 1pm to 6pm

Gamer's Armory in Cary, NC

Hosted by Gamer's Armory

http://www.gamersarmory.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
scifigenre in durham has a decent selection. www.scifigenre.com It's not too far from Cary.

They had Forbidden Island the last time I was there. The other cool thing is that you can order games through their online store and get the 20-30% discount and then just pick up the games so you don't have to pay shipping.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac LaRue
United States
Shavertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second All Fun and Games. When I used to live in the area that was my store of choice. It has been several years since I was there, but hopefully they haven't changed much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will chip in and say that if you are looking for any game sessions, there are a lot posted here:

http://www.meetup.com/triangle-strategy-games-group/

I host the monday night at sci-fi and the wednesday at Gamer's Armory, and both are quite open to euro/family games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
ilarue wrote:
I'll second All Fun and Games. When I used to live in the area that was my store of choice. It has been several years since I was there, but hopefully they haven't changed much.

Their inventory has gotten much smaller in the last year or so. They are always happy to order stuff, but they don't have as much on the shelves as scifigenre anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Lynn Dunston
msg tools
Update re: All Fun & Games (disclaimer: I work there) -- we moved to 487 James Jackson Ave. (near Preston in Cary) and our shelf stock has been steadily increasing as we have phased out Games Workshop in favor of focusing on board games. Our board game night is still Thursdays and we offer 20% off MSRP on everything, always, and 25% on special orders.

Hope this isn't spammy, just trying to make sure this thread is up to date since it's permalinked from the directory page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I go there bought New England Railways there about a month ago in fact

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Lynn Dunston
msg tools
Hi, Dan! You probably bought it from me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Theory in Raleigh is worth a look (disclaimer: it's my store)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Lynn Dunston
msg tools
Hey, Ethan -- I plugged your store in another thread today, too; these Raleigh area threads are all horribly out of date! Good to "meet" you! Add me as a buddy if you like; I'd love to hear from you if you ever want to collaborate on an event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu