Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
70 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: The Doggie Bag - Leftovers Math Trade - Discussion Thread - Results Posted! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: The Doggie Bag - Leftovers Math Trade - Discussion Thread
With less than 24 hours to go for new entries, we've managed to pass the 800 item mark. Not too shabby...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Due to the current XML API issues preventing a resync in the OLWLG, I might have to extend this MT past the originally stated deadline (until the problem is resolved).

Stay tuned...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
Item 481: Warhammer 40,000 4th Edition Necron Army has been withdrawn. It isn't updating in the olwlg, so I hope people see it here. I will be posting an empty list for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Goodmanson
United States
Port Edwards
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've posted to sets of games and requesting critique to ensure they're appropriately listed.

Not sure if these should be posted as "Outside the Scope of BGG" or as they are.
Formatting tips to keep them from people scroll-hogs also welcome :)

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/57755/item/1375070#item137...

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/57755/item/1375009#item137...

If they have been completely baffooned I expect they will be rightfully pulled from the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Due to the current XML API issues preventing a resync in the OLWLG, I might have to extend this MT past the originally stated deadline (until the problem is resolved).

Stay tuned...

Looks like it's all sorted now. Please don't forget to tip Jeff some GG for his efforts on our behalf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
anglotiger wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

Stay tuned...

Looks like it's all sorted now. Please don't forget to tip Jeff some GG for his efforts on our behalf.

Yup. It seems to be working for the most part (still some issues with the game rankings showing up funny but doesn't really affect the MT).

We should be good to go as scheduled, and yes don't forget to tip Jeff for his hard work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We are now open for Wantlist Submissions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Doggie Bag - Leftovers Math Trade - Discussion Thread - Wantlist Submissions Open
Side trade down for the sweetener (Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Mansion Murders) to my entry (Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases), so I will submit a blank want list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Geoffrion
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Doggie Bag - Leftovers Math Trade - Discussion Thread - Wantlist Submissions Open
Just to let everyone knows, IT WILL BE FREE SHIPPING TO CANADA for all my games that were mark first 12$ anywhere like to rules said. Sorry I was not home to edit my late posts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Some updates/info available on Page 1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:English, Dutch, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok scratch me off your missing list - they're in now.

I'm taking the approach Drew mentioned above to get better results than the last trade where I went 0 - for ! Terrible result, I have never done that in a MT before. Hoping for better results this time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Page 1 updates have been updated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My want list is in now also. I added many more games than before on my want list. Not so much targeting specific games, but going for trades in general. Of course people have to want my stuff too for it to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. @kinson
United States
Grant
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though I was in the last Doggie trade, I opened my want list way up this time to make this one successful. I'm assuming that my trade is currently going to go through, since I didn't see my name on the update this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me or are there a lot of copies of A Game of Thrones? Was there a Tanga sale or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
jgatkinsn wrote:
I'm assuming that my trade is currently going to go through, since I didn't see my name on the update this morning.

That list is nothing to do with trades. It just shows users who haven't submitted their wants yet. If you're not on that list, then you should be OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wyka
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to split up my bundles this time around. The bundles weren't bringing equivalent value, so I figured if I break them up and expand my lists, more will happen. Come on, more! Happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the opposite: I combined a bunch of smaller stuff into a bigger bundle, hoping to snag a select few items. We'll see if it works. I'll probably split it all back up for the small stuff trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Is it me or are there a lot of copies of A Game of Thrones? Was there a Tanga sale or something?

man I hope not. I got mine in trade a while back and just never got it on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Kosma
United States
Albany
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well ... after lurking here at BGG for a long while, I decided to finally jump in. This is my first math trade, prompted by an upcoming move and spousal pressure to winnow down the collection, and I ended up posting 25 items.

(Unfortunately, I think she has figured out that we will be getting more games in return...)

Hoping that I've assimilated the instructions on OLWLG and done my wantlist properly, and looking forward to seeing how this all works out...

Will results likely appear in time to spend Sunday getting games ready to ship?

BTW, many thanks to Mr. Ox for setting this up. I gather it is a bit "off schedule" -- but the timing happened to hit me at just the right moment to spark my interest and get me involved.

monty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bakalchuck
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mkosma wrote:

Will results likely appear in time to spend Sunday getting games ready to ship?

monty

It only takes a few minutes to generate the results after the submission window ends.

Most moderators set the end times based upon their schedule. You almost always see results within an hour on the end of the submission window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yup. The results will be posted shortly after the deadline this morning (11:00 AM EDT).

I've posted one final update on the page 1 (it will be the last one posted until the final results).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Final Results posted on Page 1. I'm going through them right now, I'll make the announcement once they're official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Alright, I don't see any GC/GG arbitrage or any other funny business. Therefore I'm calling the results OFFICIAL.

Thanks to everyone for participating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Muskegon
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for hosting.

Awfully quiet to on the discussion list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |