Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
Microbadge: Everyone you know probably has one of these inside themMicrobadge: "This must be what going mad feels like." — Simon TamMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: "Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'..." — JayneMicrobadge: US Constitution
Can you move to Colonial One after passing a Brig Check?

I can't find anything official on this.

The board says that if you pass a brig check you can move to any location.

Page 18 of the rules says you can move to any Galactica location.

I've seen PBF games go both ways.

One game didn't allow the move, and one game allowed it, but charged 1 card for moving ships.

Is there any official ruling on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Age of Empires fanMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fanMicrobadge: University of UtahMicrobadge: Bacon lover
It's only Galatica as the rules say. I know it's clairified somewhere just not sure.

The thing I hate is how on the back of the rulebook it says something about OPG's and super crisis cards but the way it's worded it seems like Adama could use his OPG afterwards. BUT if you go into the rules themselves it clairifies it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Babylon 5 fanMicrobadge: Level 15 BGG posterMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
There's a quotation from Corey in the UFAQ that says you can only go to Galactica from the Brig. There's no official answer about Detention (Pegasus Expansion).

This is (to my knowledge) the only question that got two different answers from Corey. The first time it was asked, he said you could cross ships for the card. The second time, someone pointed out that the rulebook said you couldn't do that, so he reversed his decision to match the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Microbadge: SkepticMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: ProfessorMicrobadge: I edit my posts incessantlyMicrobadge: I'm a GM!
InfoCynic wrote:
This is (to my knowledge) the only question that got two different answers from Corey.
No, he also changed his mind about the number of loyalty cards that Boomer gets if she reveals before the sleeper-agent phase. First he said she only gets 2 (meaning that one loyalty card remains undealt, which might lead to there being only one Cylon in a 5 or 6-player game), later he changed that to stating she gets 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Age of Empires fanMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fanMicrobadge: University of UtahMicrobadge: Bacon lover
This one may not be directly from Corey but in the first FAQ you could move someone in the BRIG to sickbay. With the addtional of Pegasus they changed the ruling to no you cannot move someone to sickbay who is in the brig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Stratton
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Computer ProgrammerMicrobadge: OhioMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - Not a Cylon
Danath wrote:
This one may not be directly from Corey but in the first FAQ you could move someone in the BRIG to sickbay. With the addtional of Pegasus they changed the ruling to no you cannot move someone to sickbay who is in the brig.
Is this a specific ruling to only Pegasus, or does it apply to the base game as well? We just had this come up, a few games ago, and we played it that the brigged player could be relocated to sickbay, but it didn't sit right with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Aeopile wrote:
Danath wrote:
Is this a specific ruling to only Pegasus, or does it apply to the base game as well? We just had this come up, a few games ago, and we played it that the brigged player could be relocated to sickbay, but it didn't sit right with me.
It's for both games. If you look at the Errata you won't find any excistance of the old ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Babylon 5 fanMicrobadge: Level 15 BGG posterMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
Flyboy Connor wrote:
InfoCynic wrote:
This is (to my knowledge) the only question that got two different answers from Corey.
No, he also changed his mind about the number of loyalty cards that Boomer gets if she reveals before the sleeper-agent phase. First he said she only gets 2 (meaning that one loyalty card remains undealt, which might lead to there being only one Cylon in a 5 or 6-player game), later he changed that to stating she gets 3.
Ah, I vaguely recall that. No one in our group ever plays Boomer anyway, unless by random draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
Microbadge: Rock ClimberMicrobadge: Aikido fanMicrobadge: Tolkien fanMicrobadge: Elder Sign Protected!Microbadge: Hyperbole is, without question, the single greatest thing in the entire universe!
Danath wrote:
Aeopile wrote:
Danath wrote:
It's for both games. If you look at the Errata you won't find any excistance of the old ruling.
Actually it's one of the few that DOES reference an old ruling...
BSG FAQ wrote:
Q: If a character is in the brig, and a card sends him to
sickbay, is he moved from the Brig?
A: No. This reflects a change from previous rulings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
pseudotheist wrote:
Danath wrote:

It's for both games.
Actually it's one of the few that DOES reference an old ruling...
BSG FAQ wrote:
Q: If a character is in the brig, and a card sends him to
sickbay, is he moved from the Brig?
A: No. This reflects a change from previous rulings.
What ever are you talking about? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Should've worded it like the Presidential Pardon Qcard:

Action: Move any other character from the "Brig" to any other location on Galactica.

Of course, on 2 occassions, people still asked whether or not it had to be the president choosing the location on Galactica, or could the targeted player make that choice. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
ackmondual wrote:
Should've worded it like the Presidential Pardon Qcard:

Action: Move any other character from the "Brig" to any other location on Galactica.

Of course, on 2 occassions, people still asked whether or not it had to be the president choosing the location on Galactica, or could the targeted player make that choice. shake
That's a pretty reasonable question. There aren't any other cards except things like Arrest Order or Cylon reveal powers that move other characters, so it doesn't come up often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls