Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fall 2010 Gaming Hoopla is just weeks away and it just wouldn't be complete without a math trade so...

Request GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/57973/fall-2010-gaming...

Games For Trade GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/57976/fall-2010-gaming...

If you are participating in this math trade use of the OLWLG (Online Want List Generator) is mandatory for creating a wants list (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

If you have never used the OLWLG before, please read this: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

And if you're still unsure, feel free to ask questions in the discussion thread. It's not hard... really... the core idea is that you post stuff you are willing to trade and then choose things others have listed that you'd be willing to trade each of your items for. You'll never give something away and get something you didn't want in exchange for it! And if there's nothing you want for a given title you don't have to trade it.

Key Dates and Times (All times are at 10 pm Central Time)

Open for posting games: Now - Sept 10, 2010

Want list submission period: Sept 10 - Sept 15, 2010

Results will be posted shortly thereafter.

Please note that errors made by you will NOT invalidate the results. You will be expected to honor your trades even if you make a mistake, so please carefully review your wants list(s) before submitting them. You can make multiple changes to your wants BEFORE the end of the submission period but NOT after it.

This event is open to anyone who wants to participate, but please note that this is a no ship event. We will be meeting up on Saturday, September 25th, 2010 at 10 am to exchange games and you'll either need to be in attendance, have someone proxy (drop off and pick up) for you at the meet-up, or make your own arrangements to give/get your trade items.

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

Some simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

* This is a no ship event. All exchanges are to be made at the above time/location (unless you make other arrangements). If you cannot attend in person, you can still participate but you must find someone who is willing to act as your proxy at the convention (taking your games there for you and picking up your new games). If you are unable to get your games to the Con for whatever reason after participating then this becomes a ship trade for you and it will be your responsibility to pay postage costs for shipping your games and for others to ship games to you, but please don't let it come to that.

* Gift certificates and Geekgold (GG) are allowed in this math trade, but arbitrage is not (i.e. don't put up a $25 gift certificate and put a $30 gift certificate in your wants for it... that will be disallowed). DVDs, RPGs, computer games and other relevant items of interest are also permitted, but be reasonable. If you list items nobody is interested in then you're wasting your time and everyone else's time.

* Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (game id 22104) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985). Please also note the use of the "alt name" tag that the OLWLG supports in order to properly view your items over there.

* If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

* You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners.

* For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete because the person giving it to you told you it was. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings and dents. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

* You are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

* I would encourage people to try to AVOID the use of sweeteners / package deals. I tend to think people aren't going to want to trade Great Game X for Crappy Games A, B, C, D, and E and I'd rather see more trades. Ok, perhaps Crappy is a bit harsh... let's say "Tanga Game That Sold For $1.99 Last October But Is Still A Fun Game". I'm not mandating that as we're all able to decide how to create and execute trades ourselves, but tend to think it would be more reasonable to try to trade those smaller games for something roughly on par with said item.

Other useful information

OLWLG Metric Used: USER-TRADING Seed=12345 Iterations=100

Wants List Submission

You can start creating your want lists any time after the start of the event.

Please note that it's best to work on your want lists and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Submissions may be made at any time after the listing period has ended. If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss the possibility of you submitting early.

Remember that you may have saved your want lists, but they have NOT been submitted until you press the green button in step 4 and received a confirming Geekmail.

You are not obliged to trade anything you put up for offer. If you offer a game, but see nothing that you are willing to accept for it in trade, you can submit a blank want list for it, or not submit one at all. If, however, you do submit a want list for a game, then it is expected that you will honor any trade that the TradeMaximizer comes up with. You will not receive anything you did not list as acceptable for the game(s) you have offered, so it is important to check your want lists when they are posted publicly (see above dates), to correct any errors.

Please note: Sometimes real life intrudes on us unexpectedly. If I'm an hour late posting something, please bear with me. Running one of these can be a fair bit of work, and running it without the OLWLG is twice as much work.

So enter lots of items and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved - Updates and Results
# MISSING 5 WANTS (0.9%) FROM 2 USER(s) (7.1%):
# Simple_Man (1)
# tyoda (4)

Num trades = 111 of 525 items (21.1%)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What/where is this Hoopla you speak of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
www.gaminghoopla.com has all of the details, but in a nutshell Janesville, WI and last weekend in September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
Fall Hoopla Announcement

Current Hoopla Event List

Hope you can join us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
:C.h.r.i.s. M.c.G.o.w.a.n:
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent - the no ship math trades at the gaming hooplas continue. Thanks for running this Alan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UsanaChris wrote:
Excellent - the no ship math trades at the gaming hooplas continue. Thanks for running this Alan.

My pleasure.

I had originally planned to open this up after Labor Day, but as an experiement figured we'd do so now so that there would be a full week for proxying and figured no harm in having extra time for adding items. I'm curious if everyone waits until the last minute to add stuff (or if there's any differences from other math trades I've been in with a week for items). I see some trades open up and allow for 3 weeks for items to be added. We shall see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Truesdell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaaaWEEEET. Thanks Alan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Truesdell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG!!!! There are ALREADY _5_ pages of games!!!!!
Excellent!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Corey Jr.
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.thecubistpodcast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never done one of these before... /nervous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Corey Jr.
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.thecubistpodcast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, question number one (of what I'm sure will be many): I put my games into the "Items To Trade" geeklist, but I can't seem to add anything to my want lists because my games aren't appearing (even after I click the "rescan my profile" link). Am I just being impatient, and the OLWLG hasn't had time to update itself or whatever, or am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to create my want list without using the OLWLG, or should I just wait & see what happens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dourgrim wrote:
OK, question number one (of what I'm sure will be many): I put my games into the "Items To Trade" geeklist, but I can't seem to add anything to my want lists because my games aren't appearing (even after I click the "rescan my profile" link). Am I just being impatient, and the OLWLG hasn't had time to update itself or whatever, or am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to create my want list without using the OLWLG, or should I just wait & see what happens?
In order for them to appear in the OLWLG I have to manually click a resync button. It's kind of like being in the hatch on Lost (not joking... I do have to click a button). I just did it so your newly added items are now there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Will someone be able to proxy for this MT from Milwaukee?

I'm having knee surgery on the 7th, and will be laid up for two weeks. So I won't be able to attend, but, I would love to participate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Corey Jr.
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.thecubistpodcast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Next (undoubtedly foolish) question: is there any advantage or disadvantage to putting lots of stuff on my Want List? My current theory is that I really want to get rid of the games I've entered, and I'm trying to develop lots of possibilities by "wanting" lots of games. Is this accurate, or am I just ensuring more confusion? I think I've got the right idea, but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brinks
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:

I'm having knee surgery on the 7th, and will be laid up for two weeks. So I won't be able to attend, but, I would love to participate.
I would also need a proxy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
brinksw wrote:
diehard4life wrote:

I would also need a proxy
It would be great to have a MT for something else to keep me occupied while out of work. I have books and Netflix to keep me company, but a MT would be too good to be true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Newhausen
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adreeve wrote:
Mr_Nuts wrote:
www.gaminghoopla.com has all of the details, but in a nutshell Janesville, WI and last weekend in September.
Janesville? Why did I think it was further away from me? I work in South Beloit, so that's, like, right next door! I guess I have no excuse not to attend, at least on Friday!

Now I just need to see if I have anything lying around for a math trade...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no proxy offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
Still no proxy offer?
I posted in the main Hoopla thread about this need as well. Hopefully someone will step up soon as obviously time is running out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
Still no proxy offer?
You might also want to take a peek at who is in the math trade... it's possible people aren't monitoring this and that you could contact someone that you know is from your area directly with regard to a proxy. Just a thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Kruger
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can proxy, but I drive a small sedan, and I'm not putting a cargo carrier on my roof to haul every game in Milwaukee to Janesville.

Larry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
LarryKruger wrote:
I can proxy, but I drive a small sedan, and I'm not putting a cargo carrier on my roof to haul every game in Milwaukee to Janesville.

Larry
I can loan you my SUV!

Thank you, Larry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brinks
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LarryKruger wrote:

Larry
Thank you!
I only have a few games to list anyways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Kruger
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:
LarryKruger wrote:

Larry
I can loan you my SUV!

Thank you, Larry.
My Subie doesn't have a hitch, so I will not be able to tow a game-laden SUV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
LarryKruger wrote:
Cate108 wrote:
LarryKruger wrote:

Larry
I can loan you my SUV!

Thank you, Larry.
My Subie doesn't have a hitch, so I will not be able to tow a game-laden SUV.
But my SUV does have a hitch... so we can tow your Subie. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |