Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board warp issues aren't anything new, but did anyone ever find a good way to resolve the problem? The best I found was this :

"Other people have removed the black backing or sliced it so that it was no longer stretched across the board pieces (not actually cutting the four pieces apart), and reported a perfectly flat board thereafter."

I wonder if that might not make the board joins too flimsy so that they'd tear apart in time. Or should another piece of paper be affixed across the join to create an extra "hinge"? Or some tape?

Oh, and after having performed this board surgery, what is the fair way to describe the game's condition if I opt to trade or sell it? All of my other components are in excellent condition and, once fixed, I'd think the board repairs would be nearly unnoticeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a better solution: email the awesome FFG costumer service and they will send you a replacement board. I think the only way they will not is if they ran out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
I found a better solution: email the awesome FFG costumer service and they will send you a replacement board. I think the only way they will not is if they ran out.

Since they stopped supporting the game long ago, I'd doubt they could help me out. Has anyone had any luck getting a replacement recently? FFG has always been great about such matters, but that's with games they still produce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game you're talking about but I have had excellent success in past with placing very heavy books on a warped board and leaving it on a flat table that way for 24-48 hours. It's simple but generally effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Plexiglass is great for warped boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt erwin
United States
reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Since they stopped supporting the game long ago, I'd doubt they could help me out. Has anyone had any luck getting a replacement recently? FFG has always been great about such matters, but that's with games they still produce.

They recently replaced my missing dice for the game. No problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I've sent off an email to FFG to see how that goes. Thanks for the other advice on warped boards, but this case goes beyond that, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Do you mind letting me know how it goes with FFG? Like you I also have Marvel Heroes and the boards getting old

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, I was just dealing with this the other day.

My solution was much more barbaric. I cut the board (cleanly), seperating it into four sections. Now I have very limited warping issues.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a reply from Thaadd today about support on a discontinued game.

"Our support is generally 'if we have the replacement parts, within reason' we will send something out."

And they still had a replacement board to send me! Yay FFG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Batson
England
flag msg tools
What's the costs for getting replacement things? I'm down, somehow, three dice and could do with some more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RW1985 wrote:
What's the costs for getting replacement things? I'm down, somehow, three dice and could do with some more.

Never had to pay anything for replacements myself, though haven't had to replace a board, just dice, cards and a figure or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had to pay for damaged part replacement. A friend of mine wore out his BSG cards and called them to get new decks and there was some sort of fee for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My replacement board arrived in the mail today...

thumbsup Excellent FFG customer service providing me with a new part to replace a damaged one for a game they no longer sell.

thumbsdown My new board has the same warping problem as my original board.

Oh well, surgery on Board #1 then! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shafrir
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have the same issue cry
Can you maybe upload an image with your "Surgery" solution ??

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spider76 wrote:
Have the same issue cry
Can you maybe upload an image with your "Surgery" solution ??

Flip the board over so that you're looking at the back of it. There are four creases. One of these creases is where the board isn't connected at all. Point that "north". You want to make your cuts on the "east" and "west" folds. Cut the black paper with a razor, trying to NOT cut all of the way through the other layers of paper. Afterwards, that black paper will probably want to flop away since it's not totally glued to the board due to the warping. Glue it back on.

Alternatively, you can also do what Hector did and just flat out cut the board into four separate pieces. That might not be such a good idea with other games where you have a lot of little cubes on the board, but it shouldn't really matter with this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saar Shafrir
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, will try it today cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

I performed the second surgery and the game plays fine. I wish I could come up with some clips to hold the sections together though.

I got a replacement board like you did from the nice people at FFG, but that also has the same problem. So, I might try the first surgery and see how that works too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
Ronaldo wrote:

Just as a note, as of this date, they've run out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls