Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davide Galloni
Italy
Reggio Emilia
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night, at NFP Club in Reggio Emilia, we played the 1st SPEARPOINT 1943 ONE NIGHT TOURNAMENT.

The tournament has 2 different phases. In the first phase we play a STANDARD GAME but the players must choose secretly the deck between the Byron’s suggested deck. In this way, new players may start the game with a little help.
In the second phase we play a SITUATION where, at the start of the game, Who win the initiative may choose between German or American forces. In this second game the players may choose their personal deck. Who win the scenario gain +10 VP.

Note : The original idea was to play 2 match for each scenario where the players change side for the return match, but we hadn’t enough time because we played a test match to explain the rules. The next time we will play all the three match as my original idea.

At the end of the games, the players with higher Victory Point win the tournament and the little "trophy"

Four players : McGallons, Anci, Hanzo and Travel

SPECIAL RULES
Before the game each player roll 1D10. Who win may choose the forces (german or American)
In Situation game who win the scenario gain + 10 VP

BATTLE Nr.1
German Player : Anci
Reserve Deck: Luftangriff (100 pts)
American Player : Travel
Reserve Deck: Fire for effects (99 pts)

AAR:
American Artillery start well and with accurate fire destroy the enemy aircraft that probably was trying a bombardment raid over the enemy forces. American morale’s is high but the german forces, with a lot of renforcements change the situation and open fire against the frontline units. Allied forces try a last change with a big counterattack but are not lucky, and Kesserling, with his high forces win the battle.

anci & Travel during the first battle

Final Results
German (anci) 51 VP
American (travel) 18 VP

BATTLE Nr.2
German Player: Hanzo
Reserve Deck: Einsatzbereit (99 pts).
American Player: McGallons
Reserve Deck: Mobile Firepower (99 pts)

The "Battlefield"

AAR:
American forces start better and German artillery seems to be disorganized with some friendly fire. But German renforcements are quickly and the American wait too much time to counterattack enemy’s rifle squads that are coming on the battlefield. The battle ends when German troup try and made a capture against a Sherman.

Final Results :
German (hanzo) 51
American (McGallons) 12

BATTLE Nr.3
Scenario : Situation 6 Disabled Tank
German Player: Hanzo
American Player: Anci

AAR:
Americans repair the disabile tank but the Germans are too strong and win the battle after some battle.

Final Results :
German (hanzo) 48 + 10 = 58
American (Anci) 24

BATTLE Nr.4
Scenario : Situation 6 Disabled Tank
German Player: Travel
American Player: Mc

AAR:
German units spot and destroy the American Tank. Without this the allied forces have a lot of problem to contain the german pressure. The game ends when a German unit capture some enemy.

Final Results :
German (Travel) 45 + 10 = 55
American (McGallons) 19

FINAL TABLE
1)HANZO 109 Pts
2)ANCI 75 Pts
3)TRAVEL 73 Pts
4)MCGALLONS 31 Pts

The winner! with the precius trophy and my copy of SP1943

COMMENTS
A very great night! This is the right game to place and organize a tournament that start and finish in the same day. It’s simple to explain if you have some new player and, if at the first games you may think that is too simple and without strategy, when you play the second game you change idea.

For the tourmament I printed some handmade chart and markers, I think they are very important to track the game situation and to clarify the declaration target phase.
In this way it’s simple to remember who has fired and who’s not.
We will repeat this experience in the next week, with 3 games per person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcgallons wrote:

For the tourmament I printed some handmade chart and markers, I think they are very important to track the game situation and to clarify the declaration target phase.
In this way it’s simple to remember who has fired and who’s not.
We will repeat this experience in the next week, with 3 games per person.

I suggest you upload these to the files area for the game so others can benefit from your work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Galloni
Italy
Reggio Emilia
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good idea, I will post in the files section
 Thumb up