Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
379 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - RESULTS ARE NOW OFFICIAL rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Summer's pretty much over and most everyone is either back to work or back to school. Therefore I felt it was time for another math trade.

Please make sure to read through the rules.

Trade Geeklist: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade

Request GeekList: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Request List

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Wednesday September 8th (8:00 PM EDT) to Thursday September 16th (10:00 AM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Thursday September 16th (10:00 AM EDT) to Saturday September 18th (11:00 AM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Gift Certificates, GeekGold, and all items outside the scope of BGG etc are all permitted. However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

2. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You must clearly state your shipping policies for this math trade. At a minimum, you shall be required to cover shipping to your own country's contiguous mainland (sorry AK & HI). If you fail to state your shipping policy, it will be assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, September 16th, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Saturday, September 18th, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
%End%

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
# MISSING 53 WANTS (2.6%) FROM 10 USER(s) (3.8%):

# evil_rabbit (9)
# jamesmattbob (4)
# jrachfal (1)
# LannisterGold (2)
# LoMa (12)
# nbread (1)
# Sprydle (2)
# TheDuckyOne (2)
# themilkcrate (19)
# Vikingwarrior (1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Users Trading = 180

Num trades = 370 of 2018 items (18.3%)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/58637-results-official.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome timing. Just got a new job, so i can spare the mind space for a MT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you know you have comments turned off? I have a question about a game that might be relevant to others but can't post it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure? I clicked on Edit Header and it's showing that user comments are enabled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Are you sure? I clicked on Edit Header and it's showing that user comments are enabled.
Uh... No I'm not sure... It seems fine now. False alarm?

I think this is what might have happened: I tried to comment on what used to be item 152, which looked like a duplicate copy of Mystery of the Abbey from buzhannon. It's no longer there (deleted?) and has since been replaced by (or it's moved into its position) Lord of the Rings: The Duel from lttlkng. I was probably trying to comment on it right after it was deleted?

I don't know how the OLWLG deals with this sort of thing, but you might want to double check the post 151 items just to make sure they're all on the up and up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Summers
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this list is growing fast. I'll be jumping in for sure.

Thanks for doing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Summer's pretty much over and most everyone is either back to work or back to school. Therefore I felt it was time for another math trade.

I like your logic.

I had spaghetti for dinner last night and therefore felt it was time for another math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

I like your logic.

I had spaghetti for dinner last night and therefore felt it was time for another math trade.

That would work for me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

I like your logic.

Can't imagine what you'd do if you had Prime Rib for dinner....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
markgravitygood wrote:
Mr_Nuts wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

I like your logic.

Full Collection Geek Auction... No Reserves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
mb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
markgravitygood wrote:
Mr_Nuts wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

I like your logic.

Full Collection Geek Auction... No Reserves?
Preemptive $1 bid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have missed something (perhaps adding RPG and Videogames into the mix)---does that mean we can't sort by rank any longer in the OWLG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the whole rank thing stopped working a month or two ago when BGG made some changes to the XML API.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe somebody can help me out here. Say I added 2 or 3 items for the same game to my want list and configured them for duplicate protection using a dummy item. Later I decided that I do not want one of them.

Normally, if I change my mind, I simply uncheck all the games that I am willing to trade for it. However with a dummy, that would apply to all my choices and I just want to affect the one item. Is there something I can do to simply completely delete one of the items from my want list or check/uncheck so that it would ignore that item while still making the other item(s) possible trade candidates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I H
United States
Minnetonka
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can individually uncheck elements of a dummy item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remove that 1 item from it's duplicate entry. Basically just uncheck it from the green colored grouping and make sure you don't check it for any other item after it's been removed from the duplicate grouping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RE: Shipping policy

Can I list a game where I will cover shipping to my own country (USA, continental only) but will not ship internationally or to AK/HI? That's a total hassle for me to ship internationally and I don't want to bother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
markgravitygood wrote:
Can I list a game where I will cover shipping to my own country (USA, continental only) but will not ship internationally or to AK/HI? That's a total hassle for me to ship internationally and I don't want to bother.

Yes, I believe that's allowed. (Though if you're planning to ship via USPS, there's no reason not to include AK/HI.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyoko Steeple
United States
Columbia
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
(Though if you're planning to ship via USPS, there's no reason not to include AK/HI.)

x2. Flat rate is flat rate is flat rate.

And I get tired of hearing about how shipping to Hawaii is "much more expensive" than shipping to the continental US, too. Two math trades ago I landed a copy of Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit and I recently traded for a copy of Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie; even though they're big, heavy boxes, shipping came to $15 and change for each one - that's ONE DOLLAR more than the price for USPS's biggest flat rate box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Remove that 1 item from it's duplicate entry. Basically just uncheck it from the green colored grouping and make sure you don't check it for any other item after it's been removed from the duplicate grouping.

Just to make sure I understand the 2 replies:
1) I basically make sure nothing is checked in the row for the item I no longer want. (i.e, remove the check in the column for the dummy item). This means it is no longer linked with the dummy item and that I am not willing to trade any games for it because it is an empty row.

2) Everything else in the dummy item row and the row for the item(s) I want stays the same. The dummy item works even if it is only linked to 1 item.

That sounds like the easiest approach.

If I was dealing with just 2 items, I think I could also just delete all checkmarks in the rows for the dummy item and the item I don't want and then for the item I do want, recheck the games I am willing to trade and remove the check in the dummy item column. This is more work, but I'm just seeing if I understand how this works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
RE: Shipping policy

Yes that's ok as per the rules of this math trade.

Just don't expect any cards from anyone from HI, AK or Canada this X-Mas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added the caveat that if flat rate is the same to AK/HI, then that's ok too. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.