Recommend
38 
 Thumb up
 Hide
379 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - RESULTS ARE NOW OFFICIAL rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Wyka
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Cannibal Ox wrote:
We are now open for wantlist submissions. There will be no extensions past Saturday's deadline.

Dammit. I had a few higher-end things I wanted to put in. The week got away from me!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
1869 (the second Lucca Citta) is an accidental duplicate item, and will have a blank want list.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wood
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Wow. 2000+ entries, some of which have shipping restrictions. This is going to take a while...

wow
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
mst3k4ever wrote:
Wow. 2000+ entries, some of which have shipping restrictions. This is going to take a while...

wow

I've always found it very helpful to be adding things to my want list as the games are being added. Waiting for the end of submission would be very daunting indeed.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Snertz
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Is there a discussion list for the wonderful OWLG somewhere? I would love to be able to filter out everything that isn't a board game when I'm looking through the listings.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
It can't be done (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Updates will be posted on the 1st page periodically between now and the wantlist submission deadline.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne
United States
SAN JOSE
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fierce Fish Win the Cup
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Cannibal Ox wrote:
It can't be done (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

The only thing similar is sorting by your wantlist, which has to be up to date.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Updates have been updated.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
shrimple wrote:
Is there a discussion list for the wonderful OWLG somewhere? I would love to be able to filter out everything that isn't a board game when I'm looking through the listings.
I loaded the whole list and then used the find in Firefox to look for specific items. For what you are wanting to tdo I would search for the +altname+ tags.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
mst3k4ever wrote:
Wow. 2000+ entries, some of which have shipping restrictions. This is going to take a while...

wow
Is this normal for a MT. It is alot bigger than I expected.

My want list is submitted. Here's hoping for some good luck on my first MT. I made some last minute changes at the end to try to hedge my bets. I focused 1 or 2 items I think someone might want onto less items and left the least likely items to cover a broader spectrum.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson Knight
United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
I am new to the math trade. How do I make sure I want something? It says on the front page I am missing 3 wants?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
created dummy catagoiers for duplicates....didnt mean to......i didnt check their rows....only the row for the item i have up for trade in this thread......i didnt screw up did i?


please reply
i dont want to mess up my first math trade

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Speaking of Duplicate Protection I still don't get how it works. I read the Math Trades for Dummies and my cold/Claritan/headache medicine-addled mind is falling short. I did the deal where it creates the dummies for me and I see them listed and highlighted in green at the bottom of my list AND on the side of my list. This is where I'm stuck. I'm not sure which to click or which of my items I should "trade" for them. Anyone have an easy explanation?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
BigWilly1231 wrote:
I am new to the math trade. How do I make sure I want something? It says on the front page I am missing 3 wants?

That means you have 3 items submitted to the math trade and your wantlist hasn't been submitted (or hadn't at the time I checked). After you select each item you are interested for, click the dark green "Submit Your Lists Here!" button in Step 4, you should be good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
mhutton wrote:
created dummy catagoiers for duplicates....didnt mean to......i didnt check their rows....only the row for the item i have up for trade in this thread......i didnt screw up did i?


please reply
i dont want to mess up my first math trade


Here's the easiest way to handle duplicate protection.

Let the system automatically create the dummies for you. After that, IGNORE the dark gray rows. Don't touch them at all. Use the light green dummy item to indicate which games of yours you would trade for any of the multiple copies of the dummy.

Simple as that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
davex wrote:
Speaking of Duplicate Protection I still don't get how it works. I read the Math Trades for Dummies and my cold/Claritan/headache medicine-addled mind is falling short. I did the deal where it creates the dummies for me and I see them listed and highlighted in green at the bottom of my list AND on the side of my list. This is where I'm stuck. I'm not sure which to click or which of my items I should "trade" for them. Anyone have an easy explanation?

Ignore the dark gray items (these are the duplicates). Only take a look at the light green dummy listing and use that to check each column (your items) that you would be willing to trade for.

It's really that simple.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
but what of the games that dont have dupes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
mhutton wrote:
but what of the games that dont have dupes?

For games without dupes you're just selecting 1-for-1 potential trades (just go across each row and check off the columns that you would be ok with trading for).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Cannibal Ox wrote:
davex wrote:
Speaking of Duplicate Protection I still don't get how it works. I read the Math Trades for Dummies and my cold/Claritan/headache medicine-addled mind is falling short. I did the deal where it creates the dummies for me and I see them listed and highlighted in green at the bottom of my list AND on the side of my list. This is where I'm stuck. I'm not sure which to click or which of my items I should "trade" for them. Anyone have an easy explanation?

Ignore the dark gray items (these are the duplicates). Only take a look at the light green dummy listing and use that to check each column (your items) that you would be willing to trade for.

It's really that simple.

by "Dark Gray" are you referring to the dark pink lines? The original wants that I have dupes of are now listed highlighted in a dark pinkish color. The new dummies are listed in highlighted green and everything else is white. Also, which green list do I click? When I clicked the "create dummies" button, it created 3 dummies at the bottom of my WANTS list with abbreviated titles none of which are clicked but it ALSO created 3 NEW entries in my FOR TRADE list consisting of the full titles of the dummies which are are pre-clicked. do I leave those alone?
Thanks for the help!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
OK, does this sound right:

I did some clicking and now what I have is my original list (no highlights) with the correct checks and, at the bottom of each set of dupes is the corresponding dummy (highlighted in green) with the same checks as the real items they represent. On the side listed vertically, next to my "for trade" items are listed the 3 games that are dupes on my want list (all highlighted in green) but none of them are checked anywhere.
There is no duplicate warning. Does it sound like I have this right? I think what's confusing me is the vertical additions on the side...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Cannibal Ox wrote:

After you select each item you are interested for, click the dark green "Submit Your Lists Here!" button in Step 4, you should be good.

Note that after you click the green "Submit Your Lists Here!" button, you'll also have to click the gray "Submit My Wants" button on the following page to officially submit them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
I am hoping someone can help me - I submitted my wants and got a confirmation email yesterday night. In the email it tells me:
Quote:
Thank you for re-submitting/confirming your wants for the math trade.
A summary for your 7 (including your dummy) items:

Now the problem I have is that I added 17 items, and after doing the duplicate protection, still have 9 or so unique items. So, I am seeing this 7, and I am very confused. It seems to be the case that this has only counted the 7 games where I said, yes I will trade anything for these. If I said I would trade games A, B, and C, but not D and E for game X, that doesn't seem to be included.

Did I do something wrong with submitting my wants? Did I miss a rule for this math trade that if I "want" a game I have to be willing to trade anything I list?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
Avatar
mb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
But you only listed 7 of your own items, correct?

Nevermind, that tally of 7 is for your items offered in the MT PLUS any dummy items.

Still, there's probably nothing to worry about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: The "It's Time For Another Math Trade" Math Trade - Discussion Thread
davex wrote:
OK, does this sound right:

I did some clicking and now what I have is my original list (no highlights) with the correct checks and, at the bottom of each set of dupes is the corresponding dummy (highlighted in green) with the same checks as the real items they represent. On the side listed vertically, next to my "for trade" items are listed the 3 games that are dupes on my want list (all highlighted in green) but none of them are checked anywhere.
There is no duplicate warning. Does it sound like I have this right? I think what's confusing me is the vertical additions on the side...

That sounds right to me. Don't check off anything in the vertical additions on the right side as they are only there to group the duplicate items.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |