BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Gaming Stores in Northern NJ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Brick&Mortar_Store_directories [+] [View All]
Sandy G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in NJ with my family for a week on spring break and I figured while I'm here, might as well check out some gaming stores! Anyone know of any? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gamers Realm is about 10 minutes from the NJTurnpike Exit 8. They had a Sale a while ago, so a lot of the stuff is gone, however they have a pretty good selection left. I can tell you how to get there, let me know.

How is the Wodbridge Mall store, I've never been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerie Putman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UberCon starts next weekend at the Meadowlands, doesn't it? Don't know how much boardgaming will be there or if you'll still be in town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
statonv wrote:
UberCon starts next weekend at the Meadowlands, doesn't it? Don't know how much boardgaming will be there or if you'll still be in town.

Lots of boardgaming, says Gil the boardgame track manager.

As far as game stores, I'd recommend Time Warp in Cedar Grove - http://www.timewarpgames.com. They have a decent stock, plus the occasional OOP game.

~Gil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys so much for your help!! I did go to the website about the UberCon, and while I will still be around, I am not sure if I will attend. Are you planning to attend?

Thanks for the store suggestions, I do feel some road trips coming on! My family lives in Jefferson Township, NJ which is near Dover and Sparta if that helps anyone.

Again, thank you, you guys are great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerie Putman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UberCon was on my maybe list.... It is during my spring break and my 'rents live in NJ, but I decided to go somewhere warm instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh cool! I hope you enjoy your warmer destination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at UberCon. Sat and Sunday. It is right after a very very stressful week, and unlike some lucky people I cannot leave for spring break (cuz i have another friggin talk to give DURING spring break), SOOOO UberCon will be my ONLY fun for a while! I hope... my first, so I am a bit unsure how these things work... thinking of signing up for some games, but dunno if I am expected to know how to play or what? (really really wanna play robo rally and get my brain fried even more!)

gamers realm... like most game stores it is a bit too pricy. okay, actually I have some inside info and they pretty much put more than 150% profit on the games they sell. haven't been there during the sale though... and they are nto too friendly (one guy, who is kinda skinny and small is very nice, but there's another guy who just grunts...) AND a friend of mine describes the store as " teenage boy smelling store" hmmmmm shake

i'd visit the woodbrige store first!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ooo thanks for the inside tip!! I am definitley planning on checking out the Woodbridge one. Have fun at UberCon! I have no idea how they work, if you need to know how to play the game or what, but I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'll be at UberCon. Sat and Sunday. It is right after a very very stressful week, and unlike some lucky people I cannot leave for spring break (cuz i have another friggin talk to give DURING spring break), SOOOO UberCon will be my ONLY fun for a while! I hope... my first, so I am a bit unsure how these things work... thinking of signing up for some games, but dunno if I am expected to know how to play or what? (really really wanna play robo rally and get my brain fried even more!)

Cool! Feel free to sign up for just about anything - we'll be happy to teach it. The only exceptions are the tournaments, especially the Settlers and Puerto Rico tournaments. Fortunately, we'll have one-off events of both of those games, which you can use to learn the game. That way, you're not entering the tournament cold.

See you there!

~Gil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls