Subject: The Hockey Season is Back Math Trade - Official Results Posted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Since there can never be enough math trades, here we go again one more time.

Please make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

Trade Geeklist: The Hockey Season is Back Math Trade

Request GeekList: The Hockey Season is Back Math Trade - Request List

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Saturday October 9th (2:30 PM EDT) to Thursday October 14th (10:00 PM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Thursday October 14th (9:00 PM EDT) to Sunday October 17th (10:00 AM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Gift Certificates, GeekGold, and all items outside the scope of BGG etc are all permitted. However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

2. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You must clearly state your shipping policies for this math trade. At a minimum, you shall be required to cover shipping to your own country's contiguous mainland (sorry AK & HI). If you fail to state your shipping policy, it will be assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, October 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, October 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
%End%

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: The Hockey Season is Back Math Trade - Discussion Thread
# MISSING 76 WANTS (5.9%) FROM 13 USER(s) (7.1%):

# agarlock (3)
# alfredo lorente (7)
# Byrns (1)
# casterman (1)
# CSoren (6)
# dcrowell (11)
# Dimaradona (7)
# evil_rabbit (5)
# hobbes2888 (3)
# LeandroPires (3)
# mattimus21 (2)
# mikester9809 (4)
# spayne (23)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Users Trading = 87

Num Trades = 133 of 1235 items (10.8%)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Official Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/59653-officialwants.txt

Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/59653-results-official.txt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smalley
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
as per these ridiculous rules; how many times do we need to read the rules?

Kidding. It was the only snarky thing I could think to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Woohoo! I have been hankering for a new math trade. I also want to plug my new geeklist with a crowd that might find it interesting:

One Year of Math Trades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as I'll probably be trying to play as many games as possible in order to keep my attention off the lowly Wild this year, this has come along just in time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bah, been wanting a good math trade recently but I'll be out of the country starting for 2 weeks as of the 17th making shipping/receiving too much of a hassle. Will have to sit this one out and wait for the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
wouah, trade title got me confused, thought this was a canadian only MT whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
johncraven wrote:
wouah, trade title got me confused, thought this was a canadian only MT whistle
Us Yanks have Hockey too... Sorta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you enable RPG items on the Request List? I want to request the 3.5e Monster Manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Dspitzle wrote:
Could you enable RPG items on the Request List? I want to request the 3.5e Monster Manual.
Done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Coady
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, This is going to be my first math trade and I want to make sure I am doing it correctly. I have two questions although I am sure I will have more about duplicate protection later, but first things first.

1. My wife reconsidered trading one of the games we had previously decided to trade. Of course she did this after I had already put it on the trade list. As I understand it I simply don’t select a game(s) that I would be willing to trade for when I check the boxes in the OLWLG. Is this correct or should I edit the list post to remove the item?

2. I have four games I am willing to trade on a one for one basis for any item on my wanted list. On the horizontal line showing my wanted games I can check all four boxes for the games I am willing to trade. Does this imply that I am willing to trade all four games for one item on my want list or will the program only do a one for one trade and multigame trades are only carried out by listing multiple games together in one list posting? Is this correct or do I need to format it differently to ensure a one to one trade?

Thanks for helping the noob in his first math trade.

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pliny the Elder wrote:
1. My wife reconsidered trading one of the games we had previously decided to trade. Of course she did this after I had already put it on the trade list. As I understand it I simply don’t select a game(s) that I would be willing to trade for when I check the boxes in the OLWLG. Is this correct or should I edit the list post to remove the item?
As long as you click no boxes, you'll be fine. You could ask the moderator if he'd like you to edit your post though.

Pliny the Elder wrote:
2. I have four games I am willing to trade on a one for one basis for any item on my wanted list. On the horizontal line showing my wanted games I can check all four boxes for the games I am willing to trade.
Good.

Pliny the Elder wrote:
Does this imply that I am willing to trade all four games for one item on my want list or will the program only do a one for one trade and multigame trades are only carried out by listing multiple games together in one list posting?

It does NOT imply you are willing to trade all four games, just one.

Pliny the Elder wrote:
Is this correct or do I need to format it differently to ensure a one to one trade?
You're good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pliny the Elder wrote:
OK, This is going to be my first math trade and I want to make sure I am doing it correctly. I have two questions although I am sure I will have more about duplicate protection later, but first things first.
Check out my MT video tutorials: Math Trade Video Tutorials Hopefully it helps make this quite easy for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Pliny the Elder wrote:
That's correct. Don't delete your original post, just make you don't check any boxes in the row for that game and you should be ok.

Pliny the Elder wrote:
2. I have four games I am willing to trade on a one for one basis for any item on my wanted list. On the horizontal line showing my wanted games I can check all four boxes for the games I am willing to trade. Does this imply that I am willing to trade all four games for one item on my want list or will the program only do a one for one trade and multigame trades are only carried out by listing multiple games together in one list posting? Is this correct or do I need to format it differently to ensure a one to one trade?
Each trade is calculated on a 1-for-1 basis. The only way to get/give multiple games is part of a bundle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Valdez
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pliny the Elder wrote:
Each trade is calculated on a 1-for-1 basis. The only way to get/give multiple games is part of a bundle.[/q]

thanks so much for this. i had the same question and i appreciate the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Coady
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim,

Thank you for making these videos! Duplicate protection makes a lot more sense to me now.

One difference I noticed is when you set up the dummy items there was an easy option that allowed you to do this with one mouse click. I don't have that option so I am wondering if somehow I am running a different version of the OLWLG or if my browser settings are disabling that option. Any thoughts?

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pliny the Elder wrote:
Jim,

Thank you for making these videos! Duplicate protection makes a lot more sense to me now.

One difference I noticed is when you set up the dummy items there was an easy option that allowed you to do this with one mouse click. I don't have that option so I am wondering if somehow I am running a different version of the OLWLG or if my browser settings are disabling that option. Any thoughts?

Pete
Only shows up if you've added multiples of the same game to your want list already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another noob here:

I have two trade entries, A and B+Sweetener.

When I use the OLWL...

1. Am I only allowed to choose one game from the offered games per trade entry? In other words, is it a 1:1 trade/request? Or can I trade one game and make five requests (acknowledging that I will only receive one of those five requests for my one trade)?

2. If I would like a new version of offered game C, but an opened version of C exists, if I can't get the new version of C, how does the OLWL allow for me to get the opened C as a secondary choice? How does that work with duplicates? If a new C and mint C exist in the offerings, as well as a beaten up C, how do I request the new C and mint C, while avoiding the beaten up C?

3. My A offering is a good, common game new in shrink. Does math trade etiquette dictate that I attempt to request a game of similar value? Or should I throw caution to the wind and go for that higher-priced game that I always wanted? As for my B+Sweetener, the nongame sweetener costs more than game B. Should I figure that into what I request in trade?

4. What if no one wants one of offerings? What then?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
edelen wrote:
1. Am I only allowed to choose one game from the offered games per trade entry? In other words, is it a 1:1 trade/request? Or can I trade one game and make five requests (acknowledging that I will only receive one of those five requests for my one trade)?
You may list any number of entries for each of your two offerings. In fact, the more entries you selected the better your chance of trading. The standard advice - do not list anything you won't be happy to trade for - applies.

Quote:
2. If I would like a new version of offered game C, but an opened version of C exists, if I can't get the new version of C, how does the OLWL allow for me to get the opened C as a secondary choice? How does that work with duplicates? If a new C and mint C exist in the offerings, as well as a beaten up C, how do I request the new C and mint C, while avoiding the beaten up C?
There are, effectively, no priorities. In the scenario you describe you have two reasonable choices:

1) Include only the new C on your want lists. If you get C, it will be the new copy.

2) Include only the new C and the mint C on your want lists. If including the games on both want lists, set up duplicate protection, so that you don't get both. Don't include the beat-up C on any want lists.
This increases your chance of getting a copy of C, but of course it's more likely that you'll get the mint copy (unless it's one of those rare games - Command and Colors, for instance - where the assembly is sufficiently lengthy to make it more valuable after assembly, or if it's an out-of-print game with frequent printing errors, in which a copy known to have all the correct parts is more valuable than one in shrink).

Quote:
3. My A offering is a good, common game new in shrink. Does math trade etiquette dictate that I attempt to request a game of similar value? Or should I throw caution to the wind and go for that higher-priced game that I always wanted? As for my B+Sweetener, the nongame sweetener costs more than game B. Should I figure that into what I request in trade?
The general recommendation - don't include anything on a want list which you won't be happy to receive - again applies. Would you be happy to trade A for a collectors edition copy of War of the Ring? Then go ahead and include it. The odds that you'll get it are minimal - but there's nothing inappropriate about trying. For B+Sweetner, use your valuation of the combination to decide what you'll be happy with.

Quote:
4. What if no one wants one of offerings? What then?
They don't trade. And, traditionally, you put them into the next math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes
2. You can't, you will "randomly" get one of the games, regardless of condition. They are treated as equal. As long as you check them, they have a chance to trade.
3. Nobody will care if you add massive trade ups. Nobody will check your wants and ridicule you for trying to get an increase in value. In fact, everybody does it because "you got nothing to lose" except a bit of time. For your B+Sweetener, you should consider the value of your whole bundle. The word "sweetener" is misleading, it does not mean you don't care about the value of your secondary items. You should consider the value of the whole package.
4. You get nothing. You lose, GOOD DAY SIR!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more noob question:

If I have an item for trade and even one person wants it, even if that person wants 20 other games but has only one item offered in trade, will my game be traded to that person?

In other words, does the software give priority to ensuring that all items trade? What if that same person lists two games wanted and he is the only one wanting those two? How would the software decide which game would fail to trade?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. Math trading is a bit intimidating for us newbies, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
edelen wrote:
One more noob question:

If I have an item for trade and even one person wants it, even if that person wants 20 other games but has only one item offered in trade, will my game be traded to that person?

In other words, does the software give priority to ensuring that all items trade? What if that same person lists two games wanted and he is the only one wanting those two? How would the software decide which game would fail to trade?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. Math trading is a bit intimidating for us newbies, I think.
Trade Maximizer will run through all trade possibilities while trying to enable the maximum number of users to make a trade. That's the only priority that is used (maximum users trading).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Since you don't have multiple copies of any game selected, you don't have to worry about duplicate protection.

If this changes by the end of the math trade then you'll have to worry about duplicate protection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |