Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in Brugge in early december and as I haven't found any information so far, would want to know if there's a (board)gaming store in Brugge an where?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is a specific board game store in Brugge, there is however: De Krokodil, it's a toy store that also sells some boardgames. For the rest in De Haan there is also a toy store which carries a big collection of boardgames: Haan op Stelten, but it depends on what kind of games you are looking for.

http://www.krokodil.be/
http://www.haanopstelten.be/home.aspx

Have fun in Brugge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koert Debyser
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little bit outside of the historical center of Brugge, but still within walking distance:

Biovita - Toyvita, Torhoutsesteenweg 179, 8200 Brugge Sint-Andries.

The shop is a sort of bio-supermarket with a focus on alternative food. They also have an excellent range of alternative boardgames (999 Games and others - 999 games has a Dutch version of most of the "popular" games like PowerGrid, Agricola, Blue Moon, Dominion, ...).

Other than this ... there is no FLGS still in business in Brugge.

Enjoy your stay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot that one, never actually been there would be the reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
New Zealand
Napier
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Striep carries some games and can probably order most stuff you are looking for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
I don't think there is a specific board game store in Brugge, there is however: De Krokodil, it's a toy store that also sells some boardgames.
After trying googling boardgames and Brugge I figured this much. I guess I won't come with plans on what to uy, but just see if I find anything worthwhile. City centre shopping tends to be eventful in early december. I'll check.
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
For the rest in De Haan there is also a toy store which carries a big collection of boardgames: Haan op Stelten, but it depends on what kind of games you are looking for.
I'm on foot (I'm with a group that will have a dance performance in brugge. Which means Hotel -> Theatre), so in absence of underground system I'll stick with city centre.

Koert wrote:
A little bit outside of the historical center of Brugge, but still within walking distance:

Biovita - Toyvita, Torhoutsesteenweg 179, 8200 Brugge Sint-Andries.

The shop is a sort of bio-supermarket with a focus on alternative food. They also have an excellent range of alternative boardgames (999 Games and others - 999 games has a Dutch version of most of the "popular" games like PowerGrid, Agricola, Blue Moon, Dominion, ...).
It seems a bit far, depends on where we'll stay. But bio supermarket seems a good destination on its own. cool

Surya wrote:
The Striep carries some games and can probably order most stuff you are looking for
That's also in the city's centre. thumbsup

You know it's weird how these FLGS's go. This next week I'll be in Munich which for a city this size it's kind of surprising it doesn't have a FLGS (RPGs and miniatures yes, but no boardgame store as such). So it's not weird for a smaller city like Brugge to not have one, BUT believe it or not I've found a very decent store in Kuopio (with a copy of Nexus Ops I "forgot" to buy... cry).

So thanks to everybody for information. I think I won't be expecting much, but rather enjoying my stay in Brugge, doing Christmas shopping with above mentioned stores included (oh, I've just found a tea shop in the centre as well, sweet.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun in Brugge and a good preformance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
I think the best boardgaming store in brügge / bruges is Neverland
 Thumb up
 tip