Travel Blog» Forums » General

Subject: Errors in the map (German version) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabian Beckmann
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
The world's most liveable city (LivCom 2004)
badge
Honeymoon - Machu Picchu, Peru - 2014/01/30
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I bought this game at Essen and generally I appreciate it quite a lot, but two errors in the map are really bothering me.

First (this is a minor mistake, I admit) Missouri is spelled Missoury

Second (and that is really annoying ... I even lost a game because of it, as the others didn't want to believe that the map is wrong): In the German version of the game Lithuania (Litauen) and Latvia (Lettland) are in the wrong places... So from North to South it is Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia instead of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania

I haven't checked for more errors.

I hope these errors are corrected in future reprints.

Cheers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Microbadge: GameChat League - Phoenix Division: "Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..."Microbadge: A Study in Emerald fanMicrobadge: Built to Spill fanMicrobadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: The 7th Continent
That's not good. Could you put stickers with the correct country names over the incorrect ones for the time being?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Beckmann
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you could, although it could be a bit fiddly. In the meantime, I just copied a page from an atlas although I admit it is a rather weak solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Trust me, the CGE people are quite angry with themselves for this mistake. The Missouri spelling shouldnt affect games, but the Latvia / Lithuania does.

Unless they are on the case already, I'll try and get hold of the original images from them and quickly whizz something up in photoshop so people can print out on a label and stick over the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Murmak
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Small image with corrected part of the map has been made. Feel free to print it and stick it over the wrong area. We apologise for the inconvinience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Beckmann
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. That should do. I'm glad I can enjoy this game now without any issues occuring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole H.
Germany
flag msg tools
Woah, didn't notice that yet, thanks! Have changed it on my map now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls