Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I finally got back to NV to visit my niece this month, and made time to search out the FLGS - Little Shop of Magic - at 4160 S. Durango Drive, Ste. #120 Las Vegas. It is about five miles west of The Strip, but definitely worth the trip. It is over all, one of the nicest game stores that I have been in. It is roomy, clean, well lit, carrying a good variety of games at reasonable prices with a decent amount of inventory on hand, and the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The manager said that they usually have about 30 people playing board games on Saturday nights. Their phone number is: ( 702-307-6127 ) and website is: ( http://www.ShopOfMagic.Com ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliss M
United States
las vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a store in North Las Vegas, a bit of a drive to get out to, but is strictly board games with a good selection.
It's called "Shall We Play?..a Game". They have lots of games open for demoing. The shop has a nice vibe, where board games are the focus, not relegated to a corner in a Card Game shop.

Located:
7120 North Durango Drive
Suite 180
Las Vegas, NV 89149
Tel: (702) 721-7974
www.shallweplaygames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gray hill
United States
New York
flag msg tools
hi,
i agree with you even i ma new in this town and i really appreciate with you

North Las Vegas NV Locksmith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McGraw
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, is very simple. I am from Spain and I am going to the US for holidays. There are some articles you can find in a shop in the US that you can't find in europe or are very hard to find. And if you buy something, is cheaper than in europe. By example, I am planning getting a pathfinder supplement that in the US is $20 but in Europe is around 30€. Is almost half price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hem Hemux
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Didn't feel much like creating a new thread for that, but if anyone happens to read before this week-end: I'll be in Vegas starting next Saturday for a few business related days, but I would love to use my rare free time if any to go to a board game shop and fill my case up of board games that will always be cheaper than in Japan. What is the best shop to pay a visit to and who is still open now in September 2014?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Little Shop of Magic is where I go regularly. They carry most of the hotter Euros and miniatures. Also, if you're around for gaming Saturday night, there are usually between 20 and 30 of us playing from 5 PM to about 11 PM. There are several other stores in town, I'm not very familiar with them, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tompkins
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best 3 stores in Vegas.

Little Shop of Magic
4160 S. Durango Dr. #120
Las Vegas, NV 89147
(702) 307-6127
http://www.shopofmagic.com

Wii Play Games
3310 S Nellis Blvd #10
Las Vegas, NV 89121
(702) 485-6100
http://www.wiiplaygameslv.com

Shall We Play?
7120 North Durango Drive
Suite 180
Las Vegas, NV 89149
(702) 721-7974
http://www.shallweplaygames.com

The Best 2 stores in Henderson.

Action Comics
210 North Boulder Highway #160
Henderson, NV 89015
(702) 387-5566
http://actioncomicsandsports.com

The Gaming Goat
245 North Stephanie St. Suite A
Henderson,NV 89074
(702)586-3650
http://www.thegaminggoat.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Looney
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None of these are convenient to the strip, are they? I'll be in Vegas for a week on business (also visiting from Europe, so I wanna get cheaper stuff in the US), but Little Shop Of Magic is probably only accessible with a taxi, since I won't have a car. Or are there other options for transport?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
SA_Drone wrote:
None of these are convenient to the strip, are they? I'll be in Vegas for a week on business (also visiting from Europe, so I wanna get cheaper stuff in the US), but Little Shop Of Magic is probably only accessible with a taxi, since I won't have a car. Or are there other options for transport?

None of them are close to The Strip, some are quite far. Yes, a taxi is probably your best bet for transportation, unless you are renting a car for the week. Or maybe ask a friend/business associate for a ride? I wouldn't recommend taking the bus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Dexter
msg tools
Power 9 games is on creg next to the cannery. Great gaming store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming from Meeple Con March of 2017, I got a couple of recommendations (unless they closed done within the last couple of months! wow )
Meepleville - No Magic!

Game Haus, but this one's in Glendale... 45 minutes north on route 15 outside Las Vegas!

Loquutus wrote:
Why does it seem like this question gets asked once a week? And why would anyone want to go to Vegas and do the same thing they do at home all the time? Play some blackjack, go see Penn & Teller, get drunk, find some 'company'. Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Bright light city gonna set my soul
Gonna set my soul on fire...
FWIW, not everyone who goes to Las Vegas enjoys gambling.

Me, when I'm ahead, I quit while I'm ahead. That can be after an hour, or after 3 minutes. I don't want to risk losing the money I just won, and frankly, gambling is only "fun" if I win, so I don't do much of it anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in Meepleville the other day, and they had a limited selection of MtG stuff. I think just unopened packs.

Empire Games recently closed.

The Gaming Goat is near Charleston and Decatur, however they don't have a sign, so they are hard to find. Well, they are next to a Little Caesar's, so maybe that's easy for a gamer to find.

Little Shop of Magic moved a few months ago. Basically across the street from their former location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Vegas for two days in a week and really want to buy a game or two whilst on holiday here from the UK.

Generally, the US is about 30-40% cheaper than the UK so i always try and get something when I'm here. However, i normally do online and get it shipped, but I've been a bit slow with that this year.

How many of the stores mentioned are still going, and do any of them have prices that can compare to online stores?

I had a quick look at meepleville, and done of the prices were scary! Like actual MSRP! I didn't think anyone actually sold at those prices!! Haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruel Gaviola
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:
I'm in Vegas for two days in a week and really want to buy a game or two whilst on holiday here from the UK.

Generally, the US is about 30-40% cheaper than the UK so i always try and get something when I'm here. However, i normally do online and get it shipped, but I've been a bit slow with that this year.

How many of the stores mentioned are still going, and do any of them have prices that can compare to online stores?

I had a quick look at meepleville, and done of the prices were scary! Like actual MSRP! I didn't think anyone actually sold at those prices!! Haha

I was at Meepleville three weeks ago and they had a shelf of previously owned and new games at 40 to 60 percent off MSRP:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh is that fields of green!!??

Thanks for posting this! I assume it's games their customers have played? I'd my own local cafe is anything to by, the quality can vary greatly! But I'll definitely have look in now, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osmar Campbell
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
Hi sorry to resurrect the thread... I need some help.

I`ll stay for 4 days in Trumps Hotel and wanna buy some stuff (

Should I expect to pay more on games in physical stores than at CCI?

Which one is the closest to my hotel? Do they have website?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When i went to Vegas in April there was only one game store (that I found) and it was a lot more expensive than online stuff. Not more than other FLGS but I think CSI (Cool Stuff Inc) will always be cheaper, even with delivery.

Speak to the hotel first, to make sure they can accept deliveries, and also get the address to send it to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boun Lor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
osmarcampbell wrote:

Thanks!

I've only been to Shall We Play (https://shallweplaygames.com) in Vegas. It's definitely not the closest one but if you check in with yelp you get 15% off your purchases. The customer service there was really good--one of the best that I've encountered at a FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blor wrote:
osmarcampbell wrote:

Thanks!

I've only been to Shall We Play (https://shallweplaygames.com) in Vegas. It's definitely not the closest one but if you check in with yelp you get 15% off your purchases. The customer service there was really good--one of the best that I've encountered at a FLGS.

Oh, i only found https://www.meepleville.com

As you found, the people were really friendly and i had a good chat with them, they had some pretty new games too, i just couldn't justify the prices when compared to online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boun Lor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:
Oh, i only found https://www.meepleville.com

As you found, the people were really friendly and i had a good chat with them, they had some pretty new games too, i just couldn't justify the prices when compared to online

I wanted to check them out but did not have time to do so. I guess this just gives me a reason to head back to Vegas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  |