Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Oleksy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in Oberhausen next weekend (Nov 4-7) and I'm looking for any local games stores. If not, I'll just take the train over to Essen. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Keiner
Germany
Oberhausen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave.

And welcome.
When i´m looking at your collection and wishlist, i think you have a good taste in games. cool

Sadly, there isn´t a real good FLGS in Oberhausen.
There is only a small shop in the centro (a shopping mall), that´s worth a quick a quick look, when i´m visiting/hurrying through the centro.

If you don´t mind to take the train to Essen, then i assume you know, that there is All Games 4 you?
They have short openings, so make sure you get there in time.
It´s easy to reach them from the central station in Essen. Take S9 direction Wuppertal and leave the train at Essen-Holthausen (3rd stop).

If you need more infos, feel free to ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Nyu
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Is it possbile to play there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sleaze
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fantasy Encounter in Essen is a LGS i go to... i left out the "F" in FLGS becaus they are not allways friendly, but most of the time they are... they have a kind of humor not every one understands... it is possible to play there but its not very liley you will meet someone there who is willing to game as it is not that common in Germany to play games at a store, at least boardgames, Tabletops and TCGs are played at stores quiet often. (i think thats the reason Boardgames are not played there...)

Our Group tends to play on weekends so if you don´t find a gamestore you could give us a visit

If you are interested just send me a geekmail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Keiner
Germany
Oberhausen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azumi wrote:
Is it possbile to play there?
Where? You mean in the SpieleOase in the centro?
No, it´s too small.

But besides is a games workshop... that does not interest me, but they seem to play anytime anything...

I don´t know if it´s possible to play at all-games. Their shop is quite big, but i havn´t been there too often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Richter
Germany
Siegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.
mbmbmbmbmb
IamSalvation wrote:
The Fantasy Encounter in Essen is a LGS i go to... i left out the "F" in FLGS because they are not always friendly,...
I second that, I don´t like the Fan-En at all, the owner (at least I think he must be - no employee would be so arrogant/rude) takes the "F" from "FLGS". Also the prices are high. Just to say something nice about the store, it´s possible to find some RPG-Gem on the shelves.

On the other hand All-games-for-you (despite the narrow opening hours) is a really great store. They have all the games you wish for and are friendly and forthcoming. There is a used games corner where you can get real bargains (games without shrinkwrap but never played). Additionally they have a shelve with bargains which is worth a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sleaze
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fan-En has a 2nd Hand Corner too, its a bit hidden but it is there.
They also have a lot of Gems when it comes to Wargames, not only to RPG.

And as i said, Holger, the owner, it not allways friendly but sometimes he is... and the more you go there the friendlier he gets ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Nyu
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
IamSalvation wrote:

Our Group tends to play on weekends so if you don´t find a gamestore you could give us a visit ;)

If you are interested just send me a geekmail!
Question: in which city are you gathering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls