tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. I've enjoyed all of Stefan Feld's recent games, including Macao, so I'm quite looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
Thanks for the information. I've enjoyed all of Stefan Feld's recent games, including Macao, so I'm quite looking forward to this one.
Yeah, it appears G K is in the minority about that opinion of Macao. That's fine: I'm just making a statistical statement. meeple

Thanks for the overview! Looks like I'll have to save up....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so glad to hear someone else was disappointed by Macao. A nearly great game marred by some horrendous design choices that can only come from too little playtesting. The flaws pretty much ruin it for our group. Awful, contradictory statements on the cards and writing so small I want to cry.

This game sounds a bity easier to follow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
e9martin wrote:
I am so glad to hear someone else was disappointed by Macao. A nearly great game marred by some horrendous design choices that can only come from too little playtesting. The flaws pretty much ruin it for our group. Awful, contradictory statements on the cards and writing so small I want to cry.

This game sounds a bity easier to follow...
I'm interested in which design choices you refer to when you say "horrendous." I'm curious, is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Cooper
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also be curious to know what design choices Eric found horrendous in Macao. (A curious critique for someone who apparently rejects intelligent design ).

Personally, I love Macao- for me its a perfect blend of Euro boardgaming goodness with a dab of CCG-combo goodness sprinkled on. My one critique would be the spelling of "exersize" on one of the cards. Would you like your McDonald's value meal "exersized?"- purged of transfats I guess.

Anyhow, I think Feld is one of the most underrated designers around. His last three Alea games have all been a hit with me and this Burgandy game looks super exersized awesome to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls