Popular Tags: [View All]
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
Microbadge: Pedal power - yes thanks!Microbadge: Go fanMicrobadge: Rubik's cube fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!
How to use the Triangular Map:

Board Game: Wizard Kings

Three Wizard Kings maps fit on each of the three edges - with the long end - so you can play Wizard Kings in a balanced way with three players. In this position you cannot see the stickers on the other two opponents' blocks.

Usually I play with cumulative victory points. The rectangular map is your home map and I put dummy blocks of an fourth race on each city of the triangular map. Well ... use your imagination to find out what works best for you.

I have played with this map a couple of times and loved it. Unfortunately my gamebuddies doesn't share the same amount of enthousiasm for the Columbia Games games as I do.

This is an JPG generated from an 21 Mb PDF-file which I created. If you want to receive it, drop me a line. Remember that 21 Mb doesn't usually fit in your mailbox.

Download the Triangular Map

You'll find the download link here.

It's halfway on the page on the right side in a blue box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gryphon Games Bookshelf series fanMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Copper Session ReporterMicrobadge: Leo Colovini fan
I assume that the three maps align to this map the "long" way, right? So you're moving onto the triangular map across the long side of your map, not the short side, right?

Does BGG have a file size limit for files? Couldn't you upload the 21MB PDF to the files section?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pedal power - yes thanks!Microbadge: Go fanMicrobadge: Rubik's cube fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!
You are quick in responding!

cannoneer wrote:
I assume that the three maps align to this map the "long" way, right?
True.

cannoneer wrote:
So you're moving onto the triangular map across the long side of your map, not the short side, right?
True.

cannoneer wrote:
Does BGG have a file size limit for files? Couldn't you upload the 21MB PDF to the files section?
It is general problematic to upload files larger than 5 Mb and I don't believe Zipping will help much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
Microbadge: Miniatures GamerMicrobadge: Graphic DesignerMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: Ultima fan
I can host the file for you for people to download. You can send it to me for free using yousendit.com

If you want to, let me know and I'll give you my email.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Karlsson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: #F5F5FF fanMicrobadge: Grammar PoliceMicrobadge: Budget: Games first, food optional.Microbadge: It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.Microbadge: Dice Love Me
Nice map. May one ask how you made it (what software you used)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gryphon Games Bookshelf series fanMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Copper Session ReporterMicrobadge: Leo Colovini fan
Cardboard Carnage wrote:
I can host the file for you for people to download. You can send it to me for free using yousendit.com

If you want to, let me know and I'll give you my email.

D.
That would be great if it is possible. Please post back here if so with a link. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Jon Karlsson wrote:
Nice map. May one ask how you made it (what software you used)?
I used a very old version of CorelDraw. 9.0 to be exactly.

Columbia Games had a module available on their website, so that you were able to draw your own map. However it is no longer there!

I made the map in 2004 and all that time I denied it from the WK-community.

I have to think out, how to make it available. Maybe I ask Columbia Games themselves to host the file. Please be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Miniatures GamerMicrobadge: Graphic DesignerMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: Ultima fan
I have the vector file that supplied the items to build your own map, I have to dig it up, but I actually used it less than a year ago, so I know I still have it.

The triangle map is cool, if you want me to host it just let me know.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You should definitely ask Columbia to host it. I've seen they host a number of other files user's have contributed already. In fact isn't there already a triangular map included in some old WK scenarios collection?

Anyway maybe you can export it to a SVG or PDF (with vector objects kept intact rather than rendered to a bitmap)? Surely that resulting file then would be way smaller than 5 MB? Seems like a waste of space and/or quality to use a bitmap for a map like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very nice map.
We're frequently in the 3 players configuration and your map would make an interesting variant.
Thank's for showing it and for sharing it soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
The 21 Mb file will be hosted on a new website in the near future.

Players who can't wait until then may send me a GeekMail. Don't forget to provide me with a email address to send it to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Download the Triangular Map

You'll find the download link here.

It's halfway on the page on the right side in a blue box.

Good luck and have fun,

Henri
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
Microbadge: Nine Inch Nails fanMicrobadge: I like the art in Glory to Rome just fine!Microbadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: CERN (Genève) fanMicrobadge: I'd buy your game if you released it for Android
Hi Henri,
at what size should we print this? At 100% the pdf will be way to big...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
If I recollect - it is many years ago when I have designed it - you should print it as it are. I think this is 2 A3-pages or 4 A4-pages. The hexes should match with the other WK maps. So you could check.

Good luck!

Henri
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls