Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been thinking about this game as a solo game. I hope to give it a try soon and will share my thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My ideas:

You play against a robot.
You sort the cards on the street and put the new drawn cards right from the old ones.

A turn of the robot:
Step 1: If he has not having 10 "0"s yet, he will take the left most "0". If there are "0" he will take the left most card for drawing new ones. To get a "0". If there is no possiblity to get a new "0" go to step 2.
Step 2: If he has not having 7 "1"s yet, he will take the left most "1". If there is no "1", he will take the left most card for drawing new ones. If this is impossible, he will take the left most "0". If this is impossible take the left most "2". If not the "3"...
Step 3: If he has not having 5 "2"s yet, do this similar to step 2 with the "2"s
Step 4: If not having 3 "3"s yet, ....
Step 5: Take the highest points. Tiebreaker "leftmost" card. Only turn over new cards if there is not the highest card left in the game visible.

I have not tried this, but I will do. I was never before thinking of a solo-version, thanks.

friedemann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
After 4 plays with different values. Getting harder every time. Here is the actual rule:

You play against a robot.
You sort the cards on the street and put the new drawn cards on the right of the old ones.

A turn of the robot:
Step 1: If he has not having 7 (count the 4 starting "0" towards this) "0"s yet, he will take the left most "0". If there are no "0"s he will take the left most card for drawing new ones. To get a "0". (As often as rules allow)
Rare: If there is no possiblity to get a new "0" go to step 2.
Step 2: If he has not having 5 "1"s yet, he will take the left most "1". If there is no "1", he will take the left most card for drawing new ones. If this is impossible, he will take a red "0". If not there take the left most "0".
Rare: If this is impossible take the left most "2". If not the "3"...
Step 3: If he has not having 4 "2"s yet, do this similar to step 2 with the "2"s. If not getting a "2" just take the most valuable lower card. (Tie breaker left)
Step 4: If not having 2 "3"s yet, ....
Step 5: Take the highest points. Tiebreaker "leftmost" card. Only turn over new cards if there is not the highest card left in the game visible.

The closest game was 89 for me 82 for the robot. This should be hard enough, because I think I know the game very well and play it good.

I will try more games later. No time by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Phil,

step 5 means, he takes the higest point value, which is normally a 4 and searching for the 4 in red. After all "4"s are gone or not visible, he will of course take a "3". Prefering a red "3"

Bitteschön!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found a ruleset on Rio Grande's website

http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=397

cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this sounds like a stupid question...

but does this mean initially the robot will continue to discard the leftmost card (let's say it's a 3) and draw 3 cards to the right side. If none of them are a 0 (and there are still 0's left) then he'll do it again until he finds a 0, or will he do it once and then go to the next rule?

Thanks!
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.