Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
251 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Priorities Still Matter Math Trade - Discussion Thread - 251 Trades Found rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
This math trade will be unlike most recent trades, in that the order in which one's wants are listed actually matters. Further, TradeMaximizer will be run in such a way as to _not_ guarantee the maximum number of trades, but instead to maximize the number of trades where - on average - people recieve something higher on their want lists, rather than most of those receiving a trade getting their least desired item.

The only thing you will need to do differently is to assign values in the OLWLG to match your preferences. In step 4, make sure you assign the highest value to the item you want the most, and so on down to the item you want the least. The standard advice applies - do not list anything you wouldn't want to trade for.

Math Trade List: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/61475

Request list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/61476

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

Rules for this trade - please take a few minutes to read them:

d10-1 Each participant may list ONE gift certificate and ONE geekgold listing. For Gift Certificates, a minimum of $10 is required. For geekgold, a minimum of 100 is required. Otherwise, only boardgames, role playing games, and videogames are allowed. Other items are not allowed, even as sweeteners.

d10-2 You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners. Any games not in shrink should be fully inventoried, and any missing components - including inserts - listed in the entry.

d10-3 If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

d10-4 Do not include a link to any game unless you are including it with the entry as this looks, in the OLWLG, as if you are.

d10-5 You MUST cover the first $10 of shipping to any country you are willing to ship to. You are requested to cover FULL shipping within your own country. You are not required to ship outside of your own country but your shipping restrictions outside of your own country must be clearly stated. Any ambiguity will be interpreted as generosity on your part. This means that if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

d10-6 Sweeteners are to be listed using the Insert Geek Link functionality. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

d10-7 If you've been reported to me as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries.

d10-8 If you feel the need to use them, please keep disclaimers short and to the point so they don't make things hard to read. If you need to use a longer disclaimer, please include a link to it in each of your entries instead of copying the whole thing into each entry - thanks.

d10-9 Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Step 3 in the OLWLG will tell you at the top when you have items that people have commented on, and give a link to that comment. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

Other useful information

OLWLG Help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SCALED-PRIORITIES, NONTRADE-COST=2521

Key dates (all times are EASTERN TIME)

Open for posting games: Through Wednesday, December 1st at 8PM

Want list submission period: Wednesday, December 1st at 8PM though Friday, December 3rd at 8PM - no extensions!

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Please note that it's best to work on your want list and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Also: Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread.

When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Want list submission

Submissions may be made at any time after the 1st at 8pm, but only by the OLWLG.

Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Re: Priorities Still Matter Math Trade - Discussion Thread
A total of 251 trades were found (16.0%).

Want lists are located here.

Raw results can be found here.

And Jeff's nicely formatted results can be found here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Reversed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for opening it up to video games. I appreciate it.

And thank you for running a trade. I know these things take a lot of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
kdiddy13 wrote:

Actually, with the OLWLG it's a lot less than it used to be - I still remember assembling official summaries and submitted want lists by hand...

But you're most welcome, in any event. I think there's a place for alternate methods for math trades, and seem to be in the minority among those who run them, so I'm happy to put together the occasional one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Oh - and I have put the request in to Jeff to list the math trade in the OLWLG, but I forgot to send him advance warning so please be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
kdiddy13 wrote:

Actually, with the OLWLG it's a lot less than it used to be - I still remember assembling official summaries and submitted want lists by hand...

But you're most welcome, in any event. I think there's a place for alternate methods for math trades, and seem to be in the minority among those who run them, so I'm happy to put together the occasional one.

Well, you are still spending more time running it than I am, and I appreciate it. I'm glad it's not too difficult anymore.

Not that it matters, but I enjoy the odd rules trade as much as the regular anything goes trades. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe don't forget to add the deadlines in the trade geeklist header so it shows up correctly in the OLWLG.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Friday, December 3, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew ... glad you're running this. I was worried I was gonna have to go through the holidays without a massive math trade! No, really, I was worried!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King Friday wrote:
Whew ... glad you're running this. I was worried I was gonna have to go through the holidays without a massive math trade! No, really, I was worried!

Me too! The holiday season math trade is something I look forward to all year. Here's to hoping it's a big 'un.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it's been a couple of months since I did a math trade. Does OLWLG now support adding RPG's and videogames directly like it does board games, or do I have to add them manually to the trade geeklist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

I was dying waiting for a Math Trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this Joe. I was beginning to wonder if I would EVER be able to list my minty fresh copy of Dominant Species in a math trade. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
King Friday wrote:
So, it's been a couple of months since I did a math trade. Does OLWLG now support adding RPG's and videogames directly like it does board games, or do I have to add them manually to the trade geeklist?

I believe they can be added directly, using the RPGG or VGG entries. I know RPGG entries work; I'm less certain of VGG...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
King Friday wrote:

I believe they can be added directly, using the RPGG or VGG entries. I know RPGG entries work; I'm less certain of VGG...

Sorry, I meant when you use OLWLG to add games to the list rather than the "add item" function on the list itself. When I click "add/offer games in this math trade" on the OLWLG homepage it only shows my board games, even after a re-sync. No big deal, I'll continue adding them by hand.

Anyway, for what it's worth, it looks like, yes, the OLWLG does support VGG listings as well as RPGG and BGG listings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid San Filippo
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question

Would an RPG/Boardgame accessory be OK in this Math trade?

Such as a Dice Goblin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Reidzilla wrote:
Question

Would an RPG/Boardgame accessory be OK in this Math trade?

Such as a Dice Goblin?

Sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good short duration trade. Outstanding. I'm looking forward to seeing how the priorities work out in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Love short ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
What is the Request list for if we use the OLWLG? This is my first Math Trade so I'm a little confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The request list is where you put games you'd like to see people list. It is completely unessential to the Math Trade, but a nice way to let people know you're interested in a particular title to encourage them to list it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NBAfan wrote:
What is the Request list for if we use the OLWLG? This is my first Math Trade so I'm a little confused.

For requesting games that you would like others to offer in the math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NBAfan wrote:

The request list is to give participants an idea of what games people are looking to be posted.

The OLWLG is mainly used to create your want list as well as add your games to the trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you. To make sure I understand how this works. I post the items up for trade in the Math Trade List, then select what I would want for it with the OLWLG. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
NBAfan wrote:
Thank you. To make sure I understand how this works. I post the items up for trade in the Math Trade List, then select what I would want for it with the OLWLG. Is this correct?

Correct. Just be sure not to select any trade you won't be happy with; the fact that some trades will be sacrificed in order to get folks games of more interest in this trade does not imply that any particular individual will not receive his or her least desired item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.