Recommend
91 
 Thumb up
 Hide
428 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 

Alien Frontiers» Forums » News

Subject: Official Alien Frontiers Second Printing Dates and Preorder Info! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Official news has trickled down from Clever Mojo Games - the second printing of the wildly-popular and woefully-understocked Alien Frontiers is a go! Not only will giddy gamers soon be able to grab a copy of this wonderful game, but the second printing promises to be super-deluxe, with rules clarifications and a brand new Alien Tech card available for gamers who pre-order the game!

On Wednesday, December 1, Alien Frontiers will be available for pre-order on the Clever Mojo Games website for $39.99. After the pre-order phase is complete, Alien Frontiers will retail for $49.99. Retailers will also be able to pre-order copies, guaranteeing that this printing will see a much larger distribution.

In addition to the discounted price, those who pre-order their copy will also receive a set of rocket scoring tokens and an exclusive, new Alien Tech card - the Mind Control Helmet! Art for this new Alien Tech card is still in production so images are not available, but I can share its power: Pay 3 Fuel to move an opponent's ship to a different Orbital Facility and use it as if it were your own ship. The ship may not change value during the move and may not be moved onto or off of the Terraforming Station.

Those lucky few who managed to pick up the first printing of Alien Frontiers can still get in on the Alien Tech goodness - Clever Mojo Games will be selling the Mind Control Helmet, along with a pack of the scoring rockets, for $5.95!

Clever Mojo Games is planning for 3,000 copies of Alien Frontiers in the second print run. The expected launch date is March 31, 2011.

This content originally appeared on my boardgame blog www.dicehateme.com
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I'm glad they will offer the bonus items seperately, also. Now I'll just have to use the Mind Control to get a Space Crane!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fractal Energy
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray! Can't wait.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:

Those lucky few who managed to pick up the first printing of Alien Frontiers can still get in on the Alien Tech goodness - Clever Mojo Games will be selling the Mind Control Helmet, along with a pack of the scoring rockets, for $5.95!


So, for those of us who are kickstarter backers and already have the scoring rockets is there an option to just get the Mind Control Helmet card or do we have to buy a 2nd set of rockets as well? Or have I missed something in one of the discussions/announcements about the 2nd printing which covers this?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree, would be cool to have the cards by themselves (assume 2 copies). That way shipping could be much cheaper. Just stick them in an envelope with card protector.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFuzzy wrote:
So, for those of us who are kickstarter backers and already have the scoring rockets is there an option to just get the Mind Control Helmet card or do we have to buy a 2nd set of rockets as well?


If you order enough of them, you can do this with the extra rockets...

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Yeah, I agree, would be cool to have the cards by themselves (assume 2 copies). That way shipping could be much cheaper. Just stick them in an envelope with card protector.


To answer the question: If you want the Mind Control Helmet, you'll need to take the rockets with them. As for why, I imagine that it's a matter of logistics. In order to offer the special rockets and the card, Clever Mojo Games will have to order enough of both to equally fill special orders. Since they are still an indy publisher, to fill those orders individually would be cost-prohibitive. If there was more demand for the cards than the rockets, then they'd be left with a ton of scoring rockets, and vice versa.

I'd say that it's a nice move on their part for offering up the exclusive Alien Tech card to those who aren't pre-ordering the game, regardless of whether you want rockets, or not. Personally, I can't get enough rockets of any sort, but to each his own.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
DreadFuzzy wrote:
So, for those of us who are kickstarter backers and already have the scoring rockets is there an option to just get the Mind Control Helmet card or do we have to buy a 2nd set of rockets as well?


If you order enough of them, you can do this with the extra rockets...



OoooOOOOOoooooooohhhh. Hmmm, Irondie dice, rockets for colonies... my wallet hurts already.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFuzzy wrote:
ckirkman wrote:

Those lucky few who managed to pick up the first printing of Alien Frontiers can still get in on the Alien Tech goodness - Clever Mojo Games will be selling the Mind Control Helmet, along with a pack of the scoring rockets, for $5.95!


So, for those of us who are kickstarter backers and already have the scoring rockets is there an option to just get the Mind Control Helmet card or do we have to buy a 2nd set of rockets as well? Or have I missed something in one of the discussions/announcements about the 2nd printing which covers this?
I'd rather have the option to purchase an updated rule book. Just because.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
Clever Mojo Games will be selling the Mind Control Helmet, along with a pack of the scoring rockets, for $5.95!


I wonder if the price includes free shipping... I've preordered the first edition but shipping to Malaysia is expensive. So I'm just hoping that Clever Mojo will 'reward' the early supporters...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blownfreaks wrote:
I wonder if the price includes free shipping... I've preordered the first edition but shipping to Malaysia is expensive. So I'm just hoping that Clever Mojo will 'reward' the early supporters...:)


The extra goodies are $5.95 in the USA and $6.95 elsewhere. Shipping fees are included.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
blownfreaks wrote:
I wonder if the price includes free shipping... I've preordered the first edition but shipping to Malaysia is expensive. So I'm just hoping that Clever Mojo will 'reward' the early supporters...


The extra goodies are $5.95 in the USA and $6.95 elsewhere. Shipping fees are included.


Hey David,

Is the pre-order going to start at midnight or tmrw morning?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ayo23 wrote:
Hey David, Is the pre-order going to start at midnight or tmrw morning?


It's always midnight somewhere

It's 8:41pm here in the Seattle area. I'll be opening the pre-orders before I go to bed tonight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
ayo23 wrote:
Hey David, Is the pre-order going to start at midnight or tmrw morning?


It's always midnight somewhere

It's 8:41pm here in the Seattle area. I'll be opening the pre-orders before I go to bed tonight.


So no chance to ever get those Space Cranes from the first printing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
ayo23 wrote:
Hey David, Is the pre-order going to start at midnight or tmrw morning?


It's always midnight somewhere

It's 8:41pm here in the Seattle area. I'll be opening the pre-orders before I go to bed tonight.


So...uhh.... David, what time are you planning on going to bed?
kidding. I'll just stay up and wait in anticipation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
badge
ACT AS IF THE TRUTH IS REAL
Avatar
mb
CleverMojo wrote:
I'll be opening the pre-orders before I go to bed tonight.

You are getting sleeepy — your eyelids are getting heavier and heeaaaveier.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
So no chance to ever get those Space Cranes from the first printing?


Sorry Andrew.

In another thread I suggested a way the standard game could be played to incorporate the space crane's power. If you dock a 1/2/3 or a 2/3/4 or a 3/4/5 at the Raiders' Outpost you steal from the other players. If you dock a 4/5/6 then you steal from the stocks.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
badge
ACT AS IF THE TRUTH IS REAL
Avatar
mb
Aldaron wrote:
CleverMojo wrote:
I'll be opening the pre-orders before I go to bed tonight.

You are getting sleeepy — your eyelids are getting heavier and heeaaaveier.

It worked — he went to bed!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:

It worked — he went to bed!


Yeah, i just pre-ordered a few minutes ago.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Topher
United States
Highland
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Pre-ordered. Now for the long wait until March...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hirsch
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my preorder in. Most ideal.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blownfreaks wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
Clever Mojo Games will be selling the Mind Control Helmet, along with a pack of the scoring rockets, for $5.95!


I wonder if the price includes free shipping... I've preordered the first edition but shipping to Malaysia is expensive. So I'm just hoping that Clever Mojo will 'reward' the early supporters...


Don't open that can of worms...I speak from experience
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Lange
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If shipping to Sweden was not so expensive I'd preorder this in an instant. :(
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If shipping to Sweden was not so expensive I'd preorder this in an instant.


Well, keep your eyes open for EU stores that may carry it. There are bound to be a few. Perhaps I can post when one places and order.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered the super sweet premiums!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.