Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Kostek
United States
Camano Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some weeks back I saw a journal article about a new gaming group in San Antonio. I replied that I was moving to SA. My wife and I have arrived, but I cannot find the journal article.

If you know anything about gaming groups in San Antonio, drop me a line at

t_kostek@yahoo.com.

Looking forward to playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon's Lair has a group that plays games on Monday Nights. I'm not sure about the exact times (~7 to 10-12). I'll be moving down in several months, so please post any other information you find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is a monthly gaming group at Central Command Games on Sundays, this month on March 27th from 2-5pm. See the forums at http://www.centralcommandgames.com

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've never been but count me in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kostek
United States
Camano Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Doh! I had some kind of brain fade.

I was sure the game thing was from 5-7, not 2-5. I realized my mistake when I was double checking a bit ago. I dropped by, but there was no one around. At least now I know where the store is. I'll probably drop by to check out the inventory later this week.

Sorry about that...

I hope everyone had a good Easter and played a few fun games anyway. I hope to see you at the next game session.

tmk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hehehe...

I ended up not going because my wife wanted some quality time on Easter afternoon.... Any chance we could repeat it next weekend? I guess I'm going to have to try Dragon's Lair on Monday once again.

R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's doesn't matter because the store was closed. The owner never bothered to say that the store would be closed, so I drove out there and the place was locked up. Last I heard from him was that he was going to post the flyers we sent around the store.

Sorry if anyobdy actually went out there and found it closed.

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
I say we make up for Easter this weekend. Anyone interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Actually, I was hoping to get some people to help playtest Hunting Party at Central Command Games this Sunday, April 3rd.

I'll call the store tomorrow to see if I can make it a little more formalized.

Anyone interested should show up around 1:00pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hunting Party? What is it?

I could go...anyone up for Catan? Puerto Rico? Ticket to Ride? Bang? (My favs by the way)

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Well, noone showed up to play board games. Mostly Warhammer. Thats a really nice store.

When does the game club meet next?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DOn't know when they are meeting again, but Ted (see above) and I are trying to set something up. BTW, I'd be willing to try your game.

I'd like to visit the store, but I'm not much into collectible games (miniatures or cards) any more. I used to be REALLY into magic the gathering when I didn't have any money, and now that I work, the total opposite (ie german board games). Go figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Bert,

I totally agree with you about collectable games. I used to be really into Magic as well, but now I too am only interested in statigic board games. I think that you will find that Hunting Party is right up your alley.

Lets set up a time to play some board games.

-Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
I live near Seaworld, but I don't care where we meet. Someone's house would be fine with me. Or Heroes and Fantasy is on 410.

How bout this weekend?

-Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Guess I read the message a little too late.

Last time I checked, the Heroes and Fantasy at 410 is not really THAT into board games. Now Dragon's Lair is. They even have Board gaming nights (Mondays). I think I read this posted somewhere already (maybe even in this thread which has been going on for a while now). I've been twice now, never played, but watched. It's more of a bring your own kinda deal, and they only have about 3-4 tables. Still it's a great store with a BUNCH of board games.

Anyone willing to give it a shot tomorrow? 7pm? What kinda games are y'all into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Dragon's Lair sounds like a good place to meet.

I'll try to be around 7:00 on Monday.

Does anyone know what time they normally meet?

I'm primarily into strategy games. Lately Germans Boardgames have been taking up that market, but they are a little dry.

-Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Guys, Send me an email whenever you plan to meet. I come to this thread once every 2-3days. (I sent you my email address to your BGG inbox).

It's now 7:45pm here. I'm somewhat busy finishing work today from my PC. Someday I'll meet you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
I went to Dragon's Lair Monday at 7. It was a great time. I plan to go again next Monday(april 18th)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monday nights are terrible for me, which is why I haven't been to DL to play games in the past

Weekends are definitely better for us.

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Cool Chris. It is definitively fun....but next 4/18, it's my birthday. Of course for me, it would be fine to go to DL and play a few games. But for some reason I can't see my wife saying "sure, go and play. I'll wait for you here". cool

Maybe the following Monday. Or this Sunday at Command? Nick?

I'm 27 in case you all were wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I went by DL today (Tuesday) and it was great. There were about 3 different games going on: some miniature war game, some weird CCG I had never seen, and Exalted the RPG. The crowd was somewhat more my age (late 20's to 30's and even a few 40's).

At Purple cactus comics (central command games) the crowd is much MUCH younger. Still it is a very lively place....lots of gaming goodness, lots of people playing all kinds of cool games, many tables to play in.

Now, one thing that was missing at both places: people playing good board games. Anyone up for showing them what they are missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to drop in and see if there was anything going on. I live near Seaworld. I am relatively new to board games (other than of course Monopoly, Risk, etc). I am addicted to PBEM Diplomacy. But I hear a lot about Settlers of Catan and Puerto Rico from some friends in Colorado and I thought I'd try for a new hobby (wife made me quit playing holdem).

feel free to email me when you plan a gaming day, and I will try to make it.
kendahl.johnson@brooks.af.mil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ramirez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Excellent! This month it is a little difficult for me, but I usually go on Mondays. But again, it looks like Tuesdays are cool too.

I will go next (June) Monday or Tuesday.

I'm currently very interested in Wizard Kings (my first ever "wargame"), and War of the Ring which I bought and haven't still played. Other great games in my collection that I would recommend to anyone starting in the hobby: Memoir 44 (light wargame), Acquire (money game better than Monopoly), Catan (which you have in your list), Bang (great multiplayer western cowboy game)..... and I have more but I'll leave it there cause I have to zzzz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kostek
United States
Camano Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's a San Antonio Gaming Association that meets at the Dragon's Lair on Monday's. Dragon's Lair is north of 410 on Fredricksburgh. Basically, you just show up, w/ or w/o a game and grab a table.

tmk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After all the reunions, vacations, etc, are over I will give Dragon's Lair a try. Monday is family night which makes it tough, but maybe I can do some wheelin and dealin with the wife to let me go. I'd be interested in getting a small regular group of gamers together for weekly games at my house (or rotating homes) if there was an interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.