Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking on here to see if there was any activity in Wyoming, the only thing I saw was a once a month game night at the library. I just wanted to put the word on here that There is now a game store in Cheyenne and I am a dedicated gamer. I have 4 tables and plan to add more for playing games on. About 50 different games to be played at the store, mostly demo's for the ones I sell. I'd like to have scheduled games going at least once a week. For now I'll be happy just to have people stop by and say hi. I'm open every day until Christmas until 10 pm. I'm located just off of I-25 exit 12 next to the Rodeway Inn.

I hope this is ok that I'm announcing my business here. I have had very few people come by so even if people aren't coming to buy stuff I'd at least like to play some games, though if I don't start selling some soon I'll lose everything and be a homeless bum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Luck!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up in gillette, so I can't help much, but good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh yeah, I wouldn't think you would from Gillete. Thats about an 8 hour drive and you could stop by Casper on the way anyway. Heck I can make 3 trips to denver and back in the time it takes to drive from Gillete to Cheyenne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Wilson
United States
Lander
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next time I'm in Cheyenne I'll be sure to stop buy. I'm one of 3 gamers(that I know of) in Lander/Riverton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its more like 4+ hours from gillette to cheyenne. I drive to denver for business on occasion, so next time I do i'll try and stop by. are you planning on going to genghiscon in denver this february? I'm going to try and make it to that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't decided on it this year or not yet. I've gone to it twice before. Last time I ran two Heroscape events. I don't think I would run any events this time. I might go as a dealer booth. Most likely if I do that it is because I still have had no business and I have to sell everything off and shut down the business. So if you see me with a dealer both it's probably a bad thing. If business has been good and I have regular customers and friends that are going then I will probably go to play games. I'd like to play in the Catan Cup even though I've only played 3 of the games so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
My brother lives in Cheyenne, so I'll make sure he's aware of you being over there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Anderson
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Casper, and travel to or through Cheyenne often enough that I'll stop in to meet you. Please send me the street address and I'll program my GPS to lead me there on my next trip.

I haven't been very successful finding gamers in the Casper area, so I mostly play with family, although as of this fall I'm an empty-nester so it's just what I can get my wife to play.

I do have a time set up next week to play Twilight Struggle with a local who is more of a wargamer, but I did get him to join me in a game of Agricola over a year ago.

I'm a geologist, and in charge of planning a big conference in Cheyenne next June (we expect 800-1000 attendees). So with that I'll definitely be there next summer.

I went to BGG.CON in Dallas two weeks ago...

If you can get me a copy of London (Martin Wallace, 2010), I'll buy it from you! Also 7 Wonders. I got to play both at the CON.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the street address is 5401 Walker rd suite C, Cheyenne, WY 82009. Phone is 307-631-6306. The way the roads are and stuff it's easier just to say to take I-25 exit 12 and go to the Rodeway Inn, it's just off the interstate but you can't really tell that by GPS. If you use the exit 12 and Rodeway Inn sign you won't be able to miss it. It's especially strange because the store isn't even on Walker road, it's actually on Hynds blvd.

I actually did have a guest in the store today that found out about it here on boardgamegeek, though he hasn't posted I don't think. I'm glad I signed on here. I have been an active participant on heroscapers.com for several years and we talk about all different kinds of board games on there so I never felt the need to come here, even though I've lurked for several months before making this account.

Guess I will make a point that I am a GamesWorkshop store and I can get anything they put out on nice discount, it will end up being about 15% under retail. I mention that because if anyone is planning to stop by and wants me to order something, if you let me know a week ahead of time I can be sure to have it here for you when you stop by.

Tom if you give me a call I can make it a point to order those two games next time I send in an order. That is if your planning on buying them here. If your wanting them shipped then your probably best off ordering through coolstuffinc or something. As much as I would want your business it would not be worth it for you to have to pay that extra cost.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome here and thumbs up. I wasn't sure how it would be received me pushing my business on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Rowswell
United States
knob noster
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I went over to the store on 12/7. I liked what I saw. It looks like Cheyenne has a real gaming store now. Since the library is not doing its scheduled gaming night this week I am trying to rustle some people together to play games at the store on Friday the tenth. Everyone is welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ian, glad you liked it, and thanks for teaching me Agricula. So now I know what to tell people when they ask me about it. I put some cardboard under that table leg so it won't wobble while playing games on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wanted to just update this thread that there is now a website.
www.cyborgsgaming.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to get the word out that we are having our first tournamen on Saturday Jan 22nd at noon. It will be a Heroscape 500 point tournament with prizes. Entry fee is a prize donation. $5-$15 prize is suggested but if on a tight budget something cheaper or used is acceptable. It doesn't have to be Heroscape or even gaming related, but should still be something that gives entertainment. A 20% discount will be given in store for anything purchased as prize support. Additional prizes will be provided by the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Masters
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I have seen your website, and I will have to stop in. I should be pcsing to Cheyenne this summer. I do a lot of different gaming, RPGS, miniatures, boardgames. My wife is also big into Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride. It is always good to find gamers to hang out with. I was even just brain storming a Call of Cthulhu Diner mystery at the Nagel Warren Mansion. So is there an active gaming community in Cheyenne?

Salcor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The gaming community is growing now that I have to store open. Before this there really wasn't much. There are a few RPG groups around, there is a weekly game meetup at the library. We play a lot of Heroscape here, but other games as well, as you could see I have quite a few tables to play on here. I was just featured in the Newpaper, full color full page article on the store and it has gotten me more business coming in. I think this means that there are going to be constant people here from now on. It is already to the point where there will often be a few different games going on and people demoing games for me. Had a guy bring in Zombies!!! for us to all play for the first time 2 days ago and that resulted in a sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Perez
United States
Worland
WY
flag msg tools
badge
[SKEPTICAL SIGHING]
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time I've been to Cheyenne was on the bus that brought me up here. I would like to patronize your store though, as you may be the closest FLGS to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The store is located right next to the bus station, so if you do come here by bus again you don't even have to look for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to let people know that business has been picking up. There have been a few people that have come to the store that heard about it here on BGG. I'm still struggling right now, living off Ramen noodles, and living in the basement of my house that I've had to rent out to cover the costs of business. I've expanded the store greatly though and must say it is really beginning to look like what I and people from the Dice Tower think a FLGS should look like. I'm hoping to get a guild started on here soon but I'll have to earn some more geek gold for that. Possibly I'll do some game reviews or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Shull
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see if I can stop by soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Stewart
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Denver - just moved here from Houston a few months ago - but I used to live in Cheyenne and still have some friends up there. I also do cross-country flights to Cheyenne on occasion. I'll try and stop by sometime.

Also, what is this "GenghisCon" y'all speak of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenghisCon is a game convention in Denver around the middle of Feburary. I forget if it is currently or used to be at the Four Seasons Hotel near Aurora. I have been at the event twice and that is where it was both time, but it may have moved. I hosted a Heroscape event there the 2nd time I attended, got a real horror story about that one. I think pretty much everyone at the convention heard about it. I hope to attend sometime in the future, but can't afford it right now and of course I have this little game store to run. The two times I was there it had some problems especially with certain judges. They were letting anyone and everyone judge an event that wanted to even if they didn't know a thing about the game or how to run it. I have heard this has gotten better though. Probably the two biggest things at it are the Catan Cup Championship and Puffing Billy tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to TCanderson we should now have a guild here on BGG for those in the Cheyenne area. I'm including all of Eastern Wyoming and Western Nebraska in that. Really anyone can join of course. Anyone feel free to come on over and join the guild. You will find it on the Misc tab under guilds, select stores, then USA, then scroll down to the bottom under wyoming. Or just click on this link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/1086 I hope to have too discussions on there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls