Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am staying in Port Stanley near St. Thomas/London and I am looking for a game store in London or the St. Thomas area. Tell me what is good in London for gamers folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't a lot in London. If you're really looking to pick up a game your best bet is either Imperial Hobbies, or perhaps L.A. Mood. Both stores are located in downtown London.

There isn't anything in St. Thomas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll give those a try.
Merry Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to drive to Kitchener, there is a great games store in JJcards and the prices are far better than those in London. So the extra you spend in fuel can definitely be made up for in lower prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Vollick1979 wrote:
If you're willing to drive to Kitchener, there is a great games store in JJcards and the prices are far better than those in London. So the extra you spend in fuel can definitely be made up for in lower prices.
+1

J&J Cards in Waterloo (Weber at University) has the selection and often the prices of an online store. It's awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
J&J is a great store. You can't go wrong with them.

Another alternative is German Boardgames Company. It's an online store, but if you're in the area, you can arrange to pick up your order. I've used then quite a few times and they are excellent. However, during this Christmas season I believe no pick ups are not available.

German Boardgames is great for getting the non-main stream games that J&Js wouldn't carry - I got Uruk: Wiege der Zivilisation and Summoner Warsfrom them, among others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not down for long and really don't 'need' to get to a good game store, just thought if there was anything interesting I might check it out. I hadn't thought of the German Boardgames Company but I have bought from them before. There shipping is so reasonable it hardly seems necessary to pick up there. I will likely be back in the summer and will make a trip to J&J Cards on your recommendations and will keep GBC in mind as well for that visit. Thanks to all for your recommendations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally when I go to London which is a few times a year I have a selection of stores I always hit.

The Comic Book Collector
That Anime store next door.
Worlds Away
LA Mood
Imperial Hobies
Heroes
Attic Books
that book store on Richmond in the basement. Something Bookseller.

Most important stop: at the end of the day Chaucers Pub where they have a Beer Menu and an amazing selection of domestic, craft and imported beers. With some Schnitzel from the Marienbad restaraunt right next door.

I'm usually looking for RPG stuff though. For Boardgames I think Imperial and LA Mood are your best options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls