Popular Tags: [View All]
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Voting is now closed.

The winners are Jasper & Zot (200gg), RoboDerby Express (100gg), and Dungeon in a Tin (50gg)! Various side prizes were awarded by different people, see the end of this thread for details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
'Hero Vs Zombies'.

Download:
You can download the 'full-sheet label' in pdf format here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4rgqax8yqv7b1w8/HeroVsZombies....

Or in jpg format from my BGG gallery here: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/879311/amnese?size=original

And you can download the rules here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/l3zaiwifym2dupm/HvZ_rules_1.0....

Preview:
Here's what it looks like:

Gameplay Outline
Hero Vs Zombies is a solitaire game where the player, as 'Hero', must defeat a horde of zombies before they can capture 'Resistance H. Q.'.

As 'Hero', the player prepares for the battle by equipping a weapon and a healing item and securing the support of a trusted ally. The type of equipment taken determines how many action points Hero will have, and how effectively they will be able to attack the zombies. The selection of allies available provide additional benefits to Hero.

Each turn a group of zombies will move one space towards resistance HQ. Following this zombie movement, the Hero can use their actions, their weapons and their ally to attempt to kill the zombies and prevent them entering Resistance H. Q.

Hero wins if the zombies are all killed; Hero loses if two different types (colours) of zombies occupy Resistance H. Q. at the end of a turn. Full details are available in the rulebook.

Additional Information
The 'full sheet label' image contains a half-page map, and a heap of counters.

To create the custom die simple cut out one set of the six zombie images (there are six images in a set, ranging in colours and numbered 1-6) and affix each of the images/numbers to a different side of the die.

Cut out the rest of the counters, affix to appropriate material, read the rules, and you're ready to go.

The game has also been designed to be playable with a standard d6 (without using the custom die) or using a chit-pull system.

You can also use coloured cubes/meeples instead of the zombies.

You can also vary the difficulty level by adding/substracting the levels of zombies (three standard levels are included as a guide in the rules).

Whilst designed for solitaire play, I've included a variant for multiple players (up to four).

If I've missed something, or if you have any questions, please feel free to geekmail me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Compass and Empire
throwing jacts

Game Description:
this is a simple dice game, themed to be part of my Aether Captains world. players roll dice to gain control of a number of common pool tokens. one extra die, the 'roundabout' can aid one player during the game, though this die does move freely to other players.

my playtesting over the holiday went very well and those i played with had fun and some take-that mayhem as well.

Rules and Artwork:
rules and dice images (sized for 16mm dice) can be found here.
http://aanpress.com/game/compass%20and%20empire_onesheet.pdf

you'll have to create 6 dice and 12 tokens

Play Information:
Number of Players: 2-4
Play time: 20-30 minutes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mb
RoboDerby Express

How often have you wanted to play RoboRally, but didn't have the 3 or 4 other players needed to make the game interesting? Here's a slimmed-down version of RoboRally that focuses on being a fast and engaging experience that's tuned for just two players.

Game Description
You are a bored supercomputer, and -- without anything better to do -- you and your fellow supercomputers are racing underling worker robots around the factory floor. You must program the robots with movement instructions in order to navigate them and be the first to make it back to the finish line.

Beware -- there are many hazards on the factory floor, not the least of which are your opponents! You will need more than pure speed as you use your wits to block, push, and zap your opponents (while doing your best to foil their attempts to do the same). As you take damage, it will become more difficult to pilot your robot. But never fear -- it’s your goal to claim victory at all costs!

Rules
Hosted on BGG in this thread:
WIP: RoboDerby Express - Full Sheet Label Entry - Playtesters Wanted

Play Information
Number of players: 2
Play time: 30-60 minutes

Printout
Current version
v0.9 (updated on 2011-01-16)

PDF (higher quality, recommended)
RoboDerby-v0.9.pdf

PNG (lower quality)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nahua
the world must not end

pleased to offer up Nahua, a solitaire dice game of Aztec Culture

Game Description:
In this game you take on the role of head priest of Tenochtitlan, jewel of the cities of the Nahua. You must appease the god of the darkness with sacrifices while making sure that your civilization grows and flourishes. There are 20 rounds to the game representing the daynames of the Aztec calendar cycle, and to win, you must offer up 26 sacrificial hearts or the sun will not rise again and the world shall end.

Rules and Artwork:
game rules and dice artwork (sized for 16mm dice) can be in the file section of the database entry for the game.

players will need to construct 9 dice and may use the optional score track instead of paper and pencil to keep track of resources.

Play Information:
Number of Players: 1
Play time: 10-20 minutes

Game Design Thread:
Nahua - Aztec Blood Sacrifice Dice Game

• [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Outpost Gemini
a tactical two-player game of resource allocation and simultaneous bidding in about 45 minutes

Overview: Players are competing for customers who arrive in a known order, but who have different demands. Do you put your precious resources up for grabs to lure customers, or do you spend them on additional docking bays? Be wary of the government officials who aren't picky about what they take from you and only give you half as many points!

Components: The components are available by clicking the image below. You will need some sort of privacy shield for each player; a cut-down file folder works great. Components are also available in PDF form, along with the rules and an example of play, in the Files section of its BGG Entry.

Note that the game underwent major changes to simplify assembly and streamline gameplay in the last few days before the entry deadline, so please take another look at it if it seemed too daunting before.

(Edited after the contest deadline solely to reflect new locations of the PDF's -- I deleted them from my google account since they're available no BGG now)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasper and Zot
A game of gardening and necromancy for one player

Description
Jasper and Zot is a one player game about two old, feuding wizards. The White Mage Jasper is quite the famous gardener and his pumpkins always win the blue ribbon at the local faire. His long-time adversary and neighbor, Zot the Necromancer, who is not good at growing living things, has summoned an army of the undead to smash all of Jasper's prize-winning pumpkins. You control Jasper as he defends his pumpkins from Zot's shambling minions by turning them into delicate white flowers and then burning them to ash.

Rulebook
The rules are designed to be printed on one page, front and back, and then folded into a pamphlet.

Components
The game includes a board, score chart, and 60 half-inch square tokens. You supply two six-sided dice of different colors along with a bag, cup, or bowl to draw tokens from.
Printing options: If you'd like to give the game a whirl before investing the ink, or if you're feeling young at heart and would like to color in your own board and tokens, try the black and white version!
Note: Make sure you print this image at full size. Do not use any "shrink to fit" options when printing.

Complete Download
Get all of the files in one pdf file.
Jasper and Zot Rules and Components (Full-color version)

For questions and comments, please see the official Q&A thread which includes a mini-FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
Find the link on the microbadge below.
badge
The Evil... The Chaotic... The Wallaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereum - The Battle for Amphipoli
I'd like to submit the following link for your consideration.
iffixysantaph.deviantart.com/art/Battle-for-Amphipoli-Boardg...
This is a wargame which is deeply thematic, rooted in the sci-fi universe of Ethereum.

The story: The Felian Imperium has nearly conquered the galaxy. Hoping to make quick work of a world known as Amphipoli and add it to their expanding collection of planets, they never expected to see Wallaboo, tiny teleporting kangaroo-type thieves who will fight for their world with all of their heart and vital power. But with the Felian being such a dangerous threat to life in the galaxy, will even these primitive teleporters have what it takes to stand in their way?

Play-style: Dice battle, using cubes to increase dice rolls, with a slight emphasis on unique player powers.
Number of players: This game may be played by 2 players or by teams. Best with 2.

Thanks for your consideration.
- Iffix

NEEDED: 20 CUBES EACH OF BLACK, WHITE, RED.
40 CUBES EACH OF 2 ADDITIONAL COLORS; DIFFERENT COLORS WORKS BEST.
RECOMMENDED: PRINTABLE STICKY SHEETS.
5 STANDARD D6's.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED; Feel free to GeekMail me. I promise to get back to you, if you have any questions. I also promise to take any suggestions into serious consideration.
This is our game. G4L: Gamer4Life!

A Special Thank You to Nick Hayes for helping to clarify the ruleset. (You Rock, Nick!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludus Magnus
2-players(4-players possible with an alternative "corner" setup)

Game Description
Ludus Magnus, the most majestic gladiator school of it's time. Appease the crowd and your Emperor Dimitian.

In this game, you are the owner of an opposing gladiator school. Attempt to match up your gladiators into groups,
sending them into the Arena, and outwit your opponent's group. Players take turns sending groups of Gladiators into
the arena to face opposing groups.

For those that last until the final battle, there is the chance of riches, honor, glory, and possible freedom.

NEEDS
1 checkerboard
1 quarter,6-8 poker chips, or 6-8 bingo chips (equal number in 2 colors)
6-8 red d6's (for tracking wounds taken)

RULES

Game's page is now up!!

note: this game started out as a pure abstract game, however I twisted
it a bit with a minor coin tossing random aspect and added a minor theme ("Joey, do you like movies about Gladiators?").
The next version (a little more theme, alittle less abstract) has already been submitted to BGG as a new version of Ludus Magnus
along with a PnP terrain expansion. Look for them in the next couple weeks.

NOW a SECOND way to play!!!

Ludus Magnus-SCRUM!!
2-players

Game Description
Ludus Magnus, the most majestic gladiator school of it's time. Appease the crowd and your Emperor Dimitian.

In this game, you are the owner of an opposing gladiator school. In a Hive type battle with no board, place your gladiators and then
send them forth to battle. For those that last until the final battle, there is the chance of riches, honor, glory, and possible freedom.

NEEDS
Same printout chits as the above Ludus Magnus.
blue activation tokens equal to the number of participating gladiators.
1 quarter,6-8 poker chips, or 6-8 bingo chips (equal number in 2 colors)
6-8 red d6's (for tracking wounds taken)

RULES on the Ludus Magnus gamepage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Open Rails Express - Cleveland Interurban

A Compact Train Game For 1-2 players

Description

Push your luck and your opponent by taking part in developing Cleveland's early streetcar lines. Players roll dice to improve their portfolios, expand their railroads, harness new trains or force dividends. Play continues until three of the four railroads have expended their cubes. The most cash wins.

This Game Is Like...

Chicago Express and Pickomino.

Complete Download

Board - http://www.jkntech.com/openrailsexpress/ORE-Board.pdf
Rules - http://www.jkntech.com/openrailsexpress/ORE-Rules.pdf

Additional Components

- 7 Black and 7 White Round Share Discs. 1/2” wooden discs are recommended.
- 8 Red, 9 Green, 9 Blue and 10 Yellow Company Cubes, 8 mm or 10 mm in size.
- 5 standard 6-sided dice.
- Pad/pencil, poker chips or paper money optional.

(Recent playtest image - black and white cardstock - Steam discs - 1 cm cubes from EAI Education - generic poker chips)

Current Version

We're up to 1.6. I don't see if moving much from here, if at all. She's done.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alchemy Academy
a dice game for 2 to 4 players

It is finals time at the Alchemy Academy. Budding young wizards must prove their mastery over the elements by using their magic to gather elemental components and combine them into alchemical formulae. The exam is graded on a curve so the highest grade will get the highest honors and the lowest will be relegated to cleaning out the dragon pens. But be careful, with that much magical energy flowing, the elements may undergo some strange reactions. Try to channel them to disrupt your classmate’s formula while protecting your own.

Rules
Rules can be found in this discussion thread. They can also be found here in PDF form (along with the component sheet):
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&...

Components
The component sheet must be printed once for every two players (the red dice are only used for 3+ players so need not be assembled for 2 players).
(this is also in the PDF found in the link above)

If you have any questions, post them in the discussion thread.

Thanks, and enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Woodard
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Farmish
An insane Farming game of directed co-op.

Farmish is a game about “co-operative” farming with limited, random resources. The Seed & Feed stocks a random number of seeds of differing types that they give out to poor, local farmers. These farmers all share the same land and operate as a small co-op. The only problem is that the farmers are rather insane and decide, by lottery, which plots of land each farmer tends.

This is a game for 1 or more players. The materials needed are the included game board, chits, dice labels, 10 beads (tokens, chits, M&Ms, coins, a spinner–a d10 works wonderfully here.) to keep track of which turn you’re on, and 3d6. There must be one standard die with the numbers 1-6 printed on it and you need 2 blank dice (or the willingness to put labels over your standard dice). NOTE: You can get away with 1d6, see the build instructions.

The object of the game is to score the most points after 10 rounds of game play.

Rules can be found here (pending approval of updated rules, use this link for now:
http://www.lyonesse.info/games/download.php?filename=Farmish...).

300 dpi components (600 dpi in my gallery as well as 72 dpi):

Please let me know what you think! :)

01/10/2011: I have updated the rules:
- The current player can now choose the order in which the dice are interpreted for the plots.

- The above rule will most likely not be used often since the current player can now also split his seeds between the two plots the dice cross-reference to. For instance, if the current player rolls a 4 and player A rolls a Melon while Player B rolls a Lettuce, then the current player may sow 1 seed on Melon/Lettuce and 3 seeds on Lettuce/Melon. The order is still right-to-left, bottom-to-top.

- I have added the optional suggestion to cut out all the scoring chits on the plots and put them into stacks for their respective column/row. This eliminates the need for all the cubes. Though 60 cubes per player will probably never be needed it will probably be easier on scoring to just take the top chit from the plot as your "seed".

- I am redesigning the board and components to facilitate the previous option.

- New rules have been uploaded at the link listed above.

Update: 01/10/2011
- I have updated the rules and components to reflect a much better game. The rules are refreshed and you can follow the link above.

- You do not need 20 bazillion cubes anymore, just 20 bazillion tokens :p

- Changed the rules on the +20 and -20 spaces at the bottom of the board. They are now "take em from opponents or the board, whoever has them" kind of resolution (see the rules).

- Improved the graphics a bit. I printed them and I think they look much better than the previous ones.

- Added the name of the Veggie on the Veggie Tokens/Dice labels.

Update: 01/10/2011
- I updated the game components so that the two Veggie Dice and their corresponding chits have different graphics. This will hopefully help to eliminate any confusion in the game. The rules have also been updated.

Update: 01/15/2011
After playtesting Farmish last night and found it cumbersome and lacking, I figured I'd give up on the contest.

Sleep does wonders and I have new rules! Player choice is back in the game! Updated rules and component sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Gremlins
A game of chaos and destruction as you race to cause the most damage!

Introduction
You and your pals, fellow Space Gremlins, were floating out in the vicinity of Alpha Centauri when, with a loud woosh-pop! a galactic class vessel burst out of warp and began on an orbital vector for the nearby star. You four exchanged a mischievous glance – with but a look the challenge was issued and the thought went through each of your minds, “Bet I can cause more havoc then you!”

Within moments the vessel passed within your little reach and you each grabbed a hold of her thick metal hull, your tiny claws easily giving your purchase you scurried your way round until you each found a way in. Moments later the ships' auxiliary power flicked on as critical systems began to suddenly fail...

Overview
The primary tools at a gremlin's disposal for causing trouble are their claws and teeth, thus it is not a surprise that they opt to Chew Wires and Push Buttons. Your goal is to cause more havoc on the ship then the other gremlins, but no one wants the ship to be destroyed or damaged beyond repair. Once the crew becomes too alert they will begin to suspect gremlins are responsible, and eventually will secure themselves and vent the entire ship into space. This event marks the end of your competition, at which point you will compare scores and determine the winner.

Rules and Components

Rules
Components
Printer-Friendly Components

Details
Players: 2-4
Playtime: 15-30 minutes

Printer-Friendly:

Please feel free to give advice and input in the design thread.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ross
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Euronimoes

Cover                         Playing Mat                    Domino Example

Euronimoes is a Euro-style print-and-play game for 2-6 players requiring good hand-management skills, good resource-management skills, and a bit of puzzling ability, too. Best of all, it can be played with just a handful of poker chips and one or more sets of double-six dominoes. The game can be printed and made ready to play in about a minute, and playing time averages around 10 minutes per player.

Unlike a regular game of dominoes, each player has their own playing area that is not shared with others. Players buy a domino (with chips), add it to their hand, and then play down in such a way as to try to minimize their point count at the end of the game.

The pips in any column must form one or more sequential runs – at the end of the game, the value of a run is equal to its smallest number. A run of 6-5-4-3, for example, is worth 3; a run of 4-3-2-1-0 is worth 0. And again, players don’t want points.

Let's take a closer look at the dominoes above: in the first column, there’s a 3-2 and a 1; in the second column, there’s a 6-5-4-3; in the third column, there’s a 5-4-3-2-1; in the fourth column, there’s a 4 and a 6. The score for this would then be (2+1)+3+1+(4+6) = 3+3+1+10 = 17.

It’s a simple game, but there’s a lot going on. Players of Euronimoes will quickly find that it takes plenty of planning, quite a lot of strategy, and at least a little luck to come out on top.

= = = = =

The rules can be found at http://boardgameforge.wordpress.com/euronimoes/ (click "Give it a try!" at the bottom of the page). I've submitted the game to the BGG database, but it hasn't been accepted yet and it can be found here.

Notes:
Quote:
1) The 2-player game requires 1 set of double-six dominoes; the 3- and 4-player games require 2 sets of double-six dominoes; the 5- and 6-player games require 3 sets of double-six dominoes.
2) If playing with more than two players, it's fine to use sets of dominoes with non-identical backs.
3) If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them! Either geekmail me or post to this thread.

Thanks for setting this up -- it's a great idea for a contest.

Update 1/11/11: added playing mat and captions for clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Upgrade

My entry is a Pick Up and Deliver game. The map is a variable setup and is populated with several different raw materials such as wood, ore, cows, and cotton. Your job is to buy these raw materials and upgrade them into finished goods by transporting them to different shops and factories in order to sell them to a city, hopefully making a profit in the process. The finished goods are each worth points depending on how many upgrades they take or how hard they are to produce. Money is very tight in the early game as everyone is competing for the same resources.

The Full Sheet Picture:

The rules:
http://aanpress.com/game/upgrade/Upgrade_Rules.pdf

I have Started a discussion for this entry here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/605999/upgrade-full-shee...

Thanks for this contest and the opportunity to make a submission. I appreciate any feedback anyone has.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
IN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CLOSURE

An abstract tile-laying game with roots in carcassonne's city-building and some other area control games such as blokus and go.

Players take turns placing tiles adjacent to previously placed tiles, creating enclosed areas. Dots on the tiles indicate majority ownership. The board area is limited to a 6x6 grid, so an area that you THOUGHT you were going to enclose might end up with a face open to the grid's 'edge', netting you zero points at the end of the game. At the end of the game, players score one point per tile included in an area where they have the most dots.

Official Rules here:
WIP: CLOSURE - An abstract tile-laying game for the one-sheet design contest

Label sheet:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sondoh
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape of the Dead Minigame
a game of survival and killing zombie.

Introduction
This is an update of the updated version of the game where: You are a survivor of a zombie apocalypse and you're stuck on a house with a useless car and hordes of zombies attacking from the lawn. But wait, you found a tool enough to fix the car to escape the hordes of zombies. ARE YOU READY FOR IT?

Component
You will need to print 1 and only page of the game (including the rules). The game include a board, 6 zombie tokens(each with 2.2cm X 2.2cm size) and 3 tracking token(each with 1.1cm X 1.1cm). You also need to supply 4 six sided dice to play the game.

Game cover      The Game itself   

Download
You can download the game here. zombie

Q&A
If you have any question about the game, you could post it in my geekmail and in time I will create an answer thread for the questions that you all asked, thus helping other people playing it.

*UPDATE*
I have just update the game to v1.02
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The Path

Designed by: Lee Valentine
Number of Players: 2, with a solitaire variant
Playing Time: 30 minutes

The Path is an abstract, tile-based, racing game for one to two players. Players construct a maze of tiles that define the paths that they must race down, with each player racing down a separate course. The courses change constantly as the tiles are exchanged and rotated by the players. There are many routes to failure, but there is only one path to victory. Can you find The Path?

The Path comes with several variant ways to play, ranging from fairly simple to very challenging. One variant requires very little setup, while another makes the setup part of the game's strategy. Yet another option adds a "Concentration"-style memory element to the setup of the tiles, greatly changing the feel of the game.

I designed The Path so that the game tiles fit on a single sheet of label paper, making it easy to construct the game. It is also designed to be light on ink usage, so that you can try out the game without a huge investment of time or money. If the label is printed and adhered to thin chipboard, the components will fit inside a very small gripseal bag or poker-sized tuck box, making it a game that you can carry with you in your jacket pocket to play at a moment's notice.

With three different two-player modes plus a solitaire variant included, The Path has plenty of replay value.

Download the rules, tile sheet, game notes, assembly instructions and designer's diary here for free --
http://www.veritasgames.net/thepath/the_path.zip

For those just interested in the rulebook, that's also available as a separate download if you don't want to bother with a zip file --
http://www.veritasgames.net/thepath/the_path_rules.pdf

Cheers,
Lee Valentine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope, I'm not too late for the party ..

I'd like to throw in "Battle Ball" - a shameless and somewhat simplified ripoff of another game that is about blood and bowls and stuff ..

Since I'm so terribly late, I don't have decent graphics for races and players, though

Oh, please DO download the items below - do NOT use the image here .. it's outdated!

Hmm ..

Well, let's see, how this is going to turn out

Ok - here are the links:

Link to the site at catzeyes entertainment
Here are the rules
Here are the components

Aaaaaaaaand: BrawlBall - the item at the 'geek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Fernandes
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
mb
- Rock Paper Scissors War -
a game for 2 players

- Game Description:
You enter a War using a 9 piece army composed by rocks, papers and scissors. Use them well and you may obtain glory in the battlefield. All hand drawn with my non existent drawing talent.

- Rules:
http://files.myopera.com/jpaf84/BOARD/RPSWrules.pdf

- Game itself:
http://files.myopera.com/jpaf84/BOARD/RPSWAR.pdf

Edit:
It seems there is a similar game to mine, proving that every new idea is an old one with a new perspective.
Here is the link to the rules of «Trimok "Scissors Paper rocK"» so that you can see the diferences:
http://www.sci.fi/~tarvo/spk/cmplete.html

Thanks to Lee Valentine(hudarklord)for pointing this out. I was not aware of «Trimok "Scissors Paper rocK"».
Also check this game by Lee Valentine that also uses "paper rock scissors":
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/37618/rochambeau-twist

Comment: At first I wanted to make this game using Swordman as rock, Cavalry as paper and Pikeman as scissors.
My drawing ability has limits so I chose to stick with rock paper and scissors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
henry proctor
United Kingdom
Corfe Mullen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my offering for the one sheet contest, and was only even vaguely concived on monday.

War shall come,
A game of gearing a country for war and then seeing those plans materialize on the field of battle. Will you court allies, build and train crack cavalry and what is your opponent schemeing...?

Rules available at:

I'm hoping to tidy up the rules for war, as they may need better clarity. Although if they make sense, excellent.

Thread available here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/6099364#6099364
for questions and comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ethier
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to submit my entry to the contest.

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil
A trick-tkaing game for 3 to 5 players.

Introduction:

An old japanese saying states: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil. A trick-taking game for 3 to 5 players. Monkeys are naturally born pranksters. They are also creatures of very high morality standards... it’s only the standards keep changing. In this game, you’ll discover this.

Components:

48 Trick tiles, 6 Character tiles and 1 point summary tile.

I suggest mounting the whole sheet on cardboard and using any tile holder (such as the one provided in Scrabble or Rummy) to hold the tile while playing.

The rules are available as a pdf on google docs using the following link:

The full sheet page for the material as a pdf is also available on google docs using the following link:

Thread for comments and/or questions
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/6105561#6105561

Update: Corrected slight error of colour of one of the character tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
Find the link on the microbadge below.
badge
The Evil... The Chaotic... The Wallaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Diessa - Chess; Checkers; Dice.
An abstract strategy game for 2 players.
Diessa is simple to learn, and a standard game should only last 10 to 20 minutes.
Thanks for your consideration.

Diessa can now be found with the full ruleset in PDF at http://iffixysantaph.deviantart.com/#/d373m2q

A special thanks to Lee Valentine for assistance in rules development & play-testing. (You rock, Lee!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Dungeon in a Tin

You arrived in the village of Harthenholm late at night, in the pouring rain, a weary knight on his way back home from a poor showing at the tournament, looking for a place to stay the night... but even then, it was obvious something was wrong. Sooner rather than later you learned that the local lord's daughter – by all accounts a very attractive and eligible young lady – has been taken captive by the orcs and goblins that plague this part of the country.
This is your chance to regain the honour you lost at the tournament, to win the hearts of the people and the gratitude of a wealthy and powerful man who entirely coincidentally has a daughter around your age, and above all to do heroic and chivalrous deeds!
Tomorrow morning you shall descend the steps the foul beasts have cut into the nearby hillside, to rescue the fair maiden and bring yourself glory (and possibly a hand in marriage and a fair bit of treasure)!

Dungeon in a Tin is a solo or cooperative dungeon-hack; rescue the fair maiden, collect treasure and most importantly, make it out alive!

There are four images, but you only need one to play the game - it's provided in both lineart and full-colour-fancy-graphics versions, and sized for both Letter (8.5x11") and A4 (210x297mm) paper, with a 5mm border on each.

Letter-size:

A4 Size:

Rules:
Dungeon-in-a-Tin Rules - Letter
Dungeon-in-a-Tin Rules - A4

(I just now realised that I've missed two things off of the black-and-white versions - the maiden's outline isn't visible in the final room (which isn't a huge problem) and the red and yellow dice aren't distinguishable from the labels alone, so if you use the lineart sheets right now, you'll have to mark the labels yellow or red in some way for the game to play properly. I'll update the black-and-white sheets later - I'm away from home at the moment - but for the record: the colour sheets are my official 'entry', for this reason, and the black-and-white ones are just a convenience. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Webber
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By Boot, Track and Rotor, The War in Europe !986
PDF at Bottom of the following link

https://sites.google.com/site/beastsofbolsovergbbo00/service...

outline rules -

Its not quite finished yet but.. its playable

Dice with one blue side are Nato dice, remaining 9 dice with unit symbols are WP dice - Last dice is terrain dice

There is a simple dice results chart and a time track and a VP score track -

starting the game

NATO player puts the dice marked R next to the First NATO reserve on the track and puts the remaining NATO dice in a cup with the terrain Dice. Put a marker on the start space of the turn track and the start space of the VP track

NATO and Warsaw Pact player both roll their dice, but before The WP player reveals his throw Nato may elect to re roll his terrain dice once, If he does this the Warsaw pact player may move one Reserve dice down the turn track by one space.

NATO player checks to see if his dice result causes any Dice loss to his opponenent, and removes appropriate dice - If the WP player does not have the Correct Dice the NATO player cannot choose different dice!
(remember to double any dice loss result in Night turns)

Then Warsaw Pact Player checks their remaining dice to see if they manage to inflict any results on NATO - one of the results may be a pin result - this means that the selected unit dice is not rolled in the next turn, the Terrain Dice cannot be Pinned.

You can only take one result on the table each roll of the dice. any dice lost by either side can be placed next to a reserve space, up to the number marked on the space on the turn track, this simulates units reforming, and the natural replacements from rear areas,

If the results cause the VP marker to move it is done now if the VP marker has moved into an end game square the game ends (this does not of course simulate the end of hostilities in the European theatre, more likely this would be an offer of cessation of hostilities balanced with the threat of Local/ Global Nuclear War)

If the game has not ended as a result of VP, then the turn counter is moved one more space on the track and any reserves in that space is added to the players dice pool. If the End game space is reached then the VP Track is again consulted if it is at 3 then the game ends as a stalemate, if less than 3 a NATO Marginal win, if more than 3 A Warsaw Pact Marginal win.

If players want to play a larger game they can make 3 sets of dice , removing 2 copies of the blue reserve unit. the three sets of dice have to be allocated in secret to Northern/Central/Southern zones at the start of the game. Each set of dice must be rolled seperately, and one dice can move one zone up or down the map each turn but cannot count in the Next roll in that zone.

This Dice Game is not intended to be an in depth simulation - but to at least be a quick playing game that has some skill and decision making attached
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.