Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamers North of Manchester England (GNOME) are holding another of our famous all-dayers on Sunday 27th March 2011 at St Mary's Church Hall, Horwich. Access to the car park is from Richmond st (BL6 5QT for you Satnavvies). Doors open at 10:30AM and we need to be out by 11PM.

As previously, we have the hall to ourselves and the bar is open from 12 Noon to 11PM. There are shops and takeaways within easy walk but we will be providing some light grub at around 6PM to keep you going.

Everyone is welcome of course, including kids (so long as they are gamers and not run-around-and-knock-things-over-ers). Bring your own games or come and play ours.

Entry is £3 (£1 for under 16s) which includes free hotpot/soup at 6:00PM. There may be better deals out there, there may be more for less, but before you know it they have hit you up for airport taxes, a £10 sandwich and of course with the taxi into town from that airport you have never heard of which turns out to be 50 miles away maybe it wasn't such a great deal after all.

Anyway...

Please post below if you are interested in coming, it really helps the planning. Also, let everyone know if there is anything special you will be bringing or would like to play.

If you have never been, you can get a feel for what the day will be like by checking out the lists from last time, March '10, March '09 and Sep '08..

Hope to see you there.

Definites as at 26/03/11:
Boltongeordie + kids
Hopalong
Mr Pink + 1
Here Comes Bod (+ family?)
Ben_Tyrer
kergenramirez +3
stejames (+2 or 3)
Dedindahed + a couple
schkff + Mantuanwar + sepulchrave + 1 + ???
Polydor
Vicky, Gerard & Grace
Milarky
Zanfus
Battlepuppy +1
D Böhle +1
4 Baldowskis
Get Earthworm
Redessa +1
Darkskies + Vinnie 3009
whitecrow + 1
Grimtree
AnnuverScotinExile (+2)
Angband
Deeside Defenders x2
pete_darby + 3

Possibles/Probables:
Rabid
PeterL +3
Pallet Ranger
Jinxedsan
Grimwold + family
Moviebuffs + Mum of Meeple
Buck Tarbrush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
william riley
United Kingdom
Wigan
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: (UK) Bolton - All-day gaming Sunday 27th March 2011, 10:30AM until late, only £3, yada, yada, yada insert some filler text here to make a really long title, I know, EYE_OF_NIGHT does it better but sometimes I think you just need to accept a creditable
Not a day to be missed in my opinion.

Posted on Wigan forums see if any of the club are intersted-
http://wigan-wargames.co.uk/wiganwargames/forum_posts.asp?TI...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Southy
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: (UK) Bolton - All-day gaming Sunday 27th March 2011, 10:30AM until late, only £3, yada, yada, yada insert some filler text here to make a really long title, I know, EYE_OF_NIGHT does it better but sometimes I think you just need to accept a creditable
I'm keen and it's the week after my birthday so I may be able to get a day pass off her indoors.

Road trip anybody?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably 1, 2 or 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Probably 1, 2 or 3
Is this a new game you have invented Richard? Guess the meaning? Or is this Jeopardy? My answer is "How many legs am I holding up?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There can be only one.

Actually, you'll find it is bmyork, not me. So there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Latimer
England
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
possible with up to 3 kids in tow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to check the diary, that date sounds eerily familiar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Holroyd
England
Morecambe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to put htat date to my wife about going to Warrior Bazaar.
On exactly the same day. All the other times there has been these day's I always have to work. This time round I have to pick from 2 things I want to do?

Arrrgh. Just like a boardgame, I have to chose just one move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kergen ramirez
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Pink wrote:
Not a day to be missed in my opinion.

Posted on Wigan forums see if any of the club are intersted-
http://wigan-wargames.co.uk/wiganwargames/forum_posts.asp?TI...

Third time lucky for me! fingers crossed we will make it this time. Numbers me x3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Cook
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
badge
I'd agree with everything you were saying, if only you were right...
mbmbmbmbmb
A "creditable second" is still the same thing as first loser

Put me on the probable/possible list please meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys!

Put me down as a yes. I believe Ted Rogers will be bringing either 3,2 or 1.

Guess what I'll be bringing? Yes, surprise surprise...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/33723/lecardo

@Slev: don't worry mate, every con, games day and club meet inevitably clashes with at least one other event. There must be a physical law that determines this- anyone care to name it?
@Dave: LeCardo contains the combo DAY PASS- just flourish it and you'll be ok (you'll also get 6pts).

WLT Play Genesis, an Essen 2010 game I played for the 1st time at MidCon, and WLT have another crack at 7W, if anybody's got either of those? Recently played games I can also recommend include Troyes and I'm The Boss, in many ways polar opposites.

Spielen mit spass y'all.

Miaow!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Castrey
United Kingdom
Tamworth
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably/possibly(?) 3 from Deeside Defenders gaming group....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste James
United Kingdom
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

looking forward to the Bolton Games Day - wife has already been prewarned so put me down as a definate - will bring others along with me 2-3.

Ste
Liverpool

ps Hey Mr Pink I feel the need to demonstrate my Kung Fu once more - please dont dissapoint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
william riley
United Kingdom
Wigan
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stejames wrote:

ps Hey Mr Pink I feel the need to demonstrate my Kung Fu once more - please dont dissapoint.

Vengance will be mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a possible, with a couple more possibles in tow (or not in tow...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi - am sure to make it down again, and looking forward to it. May be able to bring a few people with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky O'Hanlon
Scotland
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vicky, Gerard & Grace will be coming again from Bonnie Scotland. Looking forward to seeing you there. Gerard & Grace will probably want to play Heroscape again, Cockroach Poker, Crokinole and Gambit 7 if you have it. Gerard will definitely be interested in a game of Shadow Hunters and maybe Cash'n'guns. I'd like to learn to play Dominion and Lost Cities if possible.

We'll be celebrating a birthday that day so what a perfect way to do it.

See you there.

Vicky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice one Vicky, great to see you posting. Heroscape will definitely be there and I will try to remember to bring Cockroach Poker, Crokinole, Shadow Hunters and Ca$h'n'Gun$. I have no doubt there will be Dominion around. Don't know about Gambit 7 or Lost Cities.

My 3 will be coming along too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:
Nice one Vicky, great to see you posting. Heroscape will definitely be there and I will try to remember to bring Cockroach Poker, Crokinole, Shadow Hunters and Ca$h'n'Gun$. I have no doubt there will be Dominion around. Don't know about Gambit 7 or Lost Cities.

My 3 will be coming along too.

I will probably lug my crokinole board across the pennines, so you probably do not need yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jinxon
England
Quite Insane
flag msg tools
badge
Stop lurking on BGG and do something
mbmbmbmbmb
Pop me on the possibly maybees
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JinxedSan wrote:

About time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JinxedSan wrote:
Woah! Where did you spring from. Had your arm trapped under a rock the last 12 months and only just found the penknife?

Nice to hear from you again. Hope the possibly maybe becomes a definite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.