Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To any Geeks working or traveling in the Balkans, and who like to visit game stores, I need to recommend Goblin Games in Skopje. Considering the small market, they have a good selection of CCGs and board games, including a very good selection of Ravensburger family games and puzzles. The staff (including Viktor who is here on BGG) is helpful and friendly, know games well, and speak excellent English - or if you are practicing Macedonian like me, will be happy to converse with you in Macedonian too. They are happy to special order something if they don't have it. The store is not very big, but they have tables set aside for playing.

I know there's quite a few internationals working in Kosovo and in other parts of the Balkans, who might figure that there aren't any good game stores unless you go all the way to Greece. But if you're in Kosovo, Skopje is not far away, and if you call or email Goblin, they can tell you how to get to their store. Here's a link to their contact info:

http://goblingames.com.mk/index.php?option=com_content&view=...

I've been living in Skopje about a year and a half. I just discovered Goblin last fall, and I wish I had discovered it sooner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm jealous. I live in Ukraine. There might be a game store in Kiev, but I live 11 hours south of the capital. Still I would love to know of a game store in Ukraine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'll be in Skopje for few hours next week. Is there anyone interested in any trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Trpeski
msg tools
Nuuq wrote:
Hello, I'll be in Skopje for few hours next week. Is there anyone interested in any trade?
This answer is way too late for Your question, but as a reference for anyone in the future searching for trades or similar, you can also reach out on the Facebook group for BGG in Macedonia.

For stores we only have Goblin Games & You should definitely visit it when coming to Macedonia. You'll find good choice of games, everything is on English & if you wanna meet people from this forum, most of the macedonian board game geeks hang out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls