Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is very hard fidnign games in Mexico, anyone knows where i can get games (if in spanish even better). Ordering from the USA is very expensive and all games are in english. pls help. Im from guadalajara by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried posting in the Mexico forums? I assume locals would have the best tips.

Link: /forum/68/boardgamegeek/mexico

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Zawadzki
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited El Duende, a game shop in Mexico City jut two weeks ago. It is a very small store in the fourth floor of Plaza San Juan, a commercial centre right downtown across the street from the Torre Latinoamerica. I picked up Ticket to Ride in Spanish for my nieces. They have some Spanish games - I remember seeing Arkham Horror, Space Hulk-Death Angel, I think they had Steam and Puerto Rico - but the seclection is fairly small, and the games are very expensive (upwards of $800 pesos). However, this is due to import taxes and not due to the owner being greedy - the store clerk (who I think was the owner) was very knowledgeable and helpful. They have a website, and can likely ship to Guadalajara. According to the store owner, he has the only shop of this kind in Mexico City. Anyway, for Mexico, I highly recommend this store.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/68/boardgamegeek/mexico

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that there is something like a 200% import tax for games, and since there are few hobby games made in Mexico you are unlikely to find anything reasonably priced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls