Subject: Columbus Game Stores rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Brick&Mortar_Store_directories [+] [View All]
erik johnson
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I am planning on being in Columbus for a very quick weekend in a couple weeks. I might be able to squeeze out an hour to visit one, and probably only one game store. Any suggestions?

Also, is their a resource on the geek or elsewhere that would make finding "our" game stores easier? Even when googling boardgames I still get a lot of video game hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
rognvald wrote:
Also, is their a resource on the geek or elsewhere that would make finding "our" game stores easier?

Patience my friend... patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Evans
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend Ravenstone games here in Columbus. I have called around to a couple other stores in the area looking for specific titles and not had much success. They seem to have a good selection of euro games, but they specialize in miniatures.

http://www.ravenstonegames.com/

If you happen to end up in Polaris Fashion Place mall, they have a Go! game store. Not worth a special trip, but I stopped in a couple of weeks ago and saw Carcassone : the Castle, Memoir '44, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Ticket To Ride and several others in stock.

www.polarisfashionplace.com

Hope this helps!
-Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Wonder Computer of the 1980s
badge
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Cincinnati, but I was just introduced to a very nice store call The Guardtower durning my last visit to Columbus. It's huge and well-stocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowsher
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'd rank them in this order...

The Guardtower
Ravenstone Games
Go:Games

I haven't been to The Soldiery in a while, so I'll have to pass on ranking it. The Guardtower and Ravenstone Games are 1 and 1a; you can't really go wrong with either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls