Jason Kogan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ayo23 wrote:
Belash wrote:

I think that might have been the first time that they even were offered...
oh. surprise
Bring back the gift cards! Please and thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wood
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
ayo23 wrote:
iklinck wrote:

There usually aren't very many in a TABS trade...
Thought I saw a decent amount last time.
I think that might have been the first time that they even were offered...
Are gift cards in or out this go-round, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Loeys Dietz Syndrome Awareness (Canada)Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Rainbow
Sorry.

They are definitely in. Everything is in. Kitchen sinks are in! NewsRadio DVD's are in! Gift Certificates are in!

I really do apologize for any confusion. My point was that in most prior trades GC's were not offered, but they are fair game now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Belash wrote:
Sorry.

They are definitely in. Everything is in. Kitchen sinks are in! NewsRadio DVD's are in! Gift Certificates are in!

I really do apologize for any confusion. My point was that in most prior trades GC's were not offered, but they are fair game now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Loeys Dietz Syndrome Awareness (Canada)Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Rainbow
ayo23 wrote:
Belash wrote:
Sorry.

I loved that show!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Belash wrote:

I loved that show!
Then it better be on your wantlist. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
Microbadge: Husky loverMicrobadge: I adopted my dog(s) from a rescueMicrobadge: Laika the space dog - first in spaceMicrobadge: Dogmeat: The only companion you need.Microbadge: Mutt lover - We don't need no pedigree!
As the discussion list from the last trade is dead, I will point out this very minor glitch from the last trade here. It only matters from a historical perspective, but I was curious.

In OLWLG, for the last Tabscon Math Trade, the "results summary" is actually associated with the "WANTS" text output file, not the Trade Maximizer output file. Therefore, it looks like nothing traded last time OLWLG, which is obviously not true.

Thanks to Belash for running the trade again this month, and thanks to all those (especially Kaizen Zanshin, I think) for helping Belash out when his computer gave him the blues at the last moment.

EDIT: The correct file is actually the contents of the 2nd post from the last discussion thread, I think...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5763012#5763012

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I'll see if I can fix that.

Also trying to get my computer to work the program. Unsuccessful thus far but I have a more computer literate friend helping out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I make a sandwich and put it up for trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
futhee wrote:
Yes.

I'll be looking for roasted turkey and blackforest ham with a nice Gruyere cheese, red leaf lettuce, mayo and a grainy mustard on a light rye. Please include a kosher pickle as a sweetener.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
As long as it wasn't received in a previous math trade!

Perhaps my posting of a print and play game offended someone? blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
futhee wrote:
You might need to add a sweetener.

tatoolo wrote:

Probably the Outside the Scope of BGG items I keep listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+altname+ handjob in the parking lot -altname-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
If it's to be delivered on the day of TABSCon, that might be worth something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
Microbadge: Hockey fanMicrobadge: plusMicrobadge: Toronto Maple Leafs fanMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: I don't want to talk about my favorite team.
iklinck wrote:
futhee wrote:
If it means I don't have to pack a lunch, I might try to get in on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:

Not at all! Some print and plays are better than a lot of other games out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
futhee wrote:
tatoolo wrote:

Not at all! Some print and plays are better than a lot of other games out there.
Have you considered adding games to the Request List to give people a better idea of what games you're looking for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
futhee wrote:
Actually, delivery of a subway sandwich at TABScon would be worth something. Maybe not a game, though. It'd have to be several sandwiches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:

Have you considered adding games to the Request List to give people a better idea of what games you're looking for?
Good point, Greig. I can't decide if I actually want to trade my games for other games, or if I should just sell the ones I don't want instead and pocket the money for groceries (or sandwiches)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually just bring my own food. It's less expensive, better than fast food, and faster than fast food.

I am assuming there is a microwave and fridge at this new place. :|

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kogan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Is there a "do not want" list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
cRuShInAt0r wrote:
dcorban wrote:
Oddly, I was getting a Splotter lot ready if this was listed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
Microbadge: Husky loverMicrobadge: I adopted my dog(s) from a rescueMicrobadge: Laika the space dog - first in spaceMicrobadge: Dogmeat: The only companion you need.Microbadge: Mutt lover - We don't need no pedigree!
There is a tension in my mind between "get as many games as possible" and "get the games I want the most". This is assuming that any of my games are going to be wanted, of course.

I've heard somewhere (I couldn't find where), that the game you least want is the game you are going to get in a math trade. This rule of thumb would argue for limiting the things you add to your want list. But the fact is, I want a lot of games! If I knew it would increase my chance of getting ANY game, I would want more games.

So, is it better to want any game you would even remotely like to have, in order to maximize your chance to get something? Or is it better to only pick the choicest things and hope the magic of the math delivers them to you?

And some more questions. Does wanting more games actually increase your chance to get any game? Or is the real thing that determines what you get how much people want YOUR games, in which case it doesn't matter how many you want?

How do YOU decide what to want for your trades?

I do have one solid rule: for every game I am tempted to put on the want list, I ask myself "If this is the ONLY game I get in the trade, is it worth going up to Toronto from Hamilton to get it?" This does shorten the list considerably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Zembrowski
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few math trades I've developed the following method:

1. I assign dollar values to my games. It may be its current price in online stores or on eBay, or in BGG marketplace. If these amounts differ, I usually take the lowest.
2. I modify these amounts according to my subjective perception of the game's value. If I like it, I increase the value. If I want to get rid of it, I decrease it.
3. I assign dollar values to games I want. The same way as in #1.
4. I modify these values, just like in #2. If I really want a game, I increase its value. If I'm lukewarm about it, I decrease it.
5. I order my offered games and my wanted games by their value.
6. For each of my games, my want list will consist only of the games I want, to which I've assigned a higher dollar value. I order them from the highest value to the lowest.
7. For each of my games I imagine how happy I'd be if I received the lowest-value game from the list. If I'd be happy, I leave the list as is. If I'd be unhappy, I remove the lowest-value wanted game from the list, and repeat the process with the next lowest value.

In initial math trades I got into the "I want to trade a lot" mode. I ended up with some disappointing trades. Now, I don't care if I trade at all, but I make sure that I never trade "down". The rule of thumb is that you must be happy if you receive any game on your want list, even your least-wanted choice. So don't add games that would make you unhappy about the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cRuShInAt0r wrote:
dcorban wrote:
Hmph. I guess I will tell my female friend she isn't needed that day after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |