Hide
172 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [7] | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Toronto Area TABScon Math Trade XXI - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
futhee wrote:
27%??? that's it???? how many lists are in?
Considering the number of games listed, that seems pretty fair. Close to 200 games changing hands so far, with a reasonable expectation that the number will increase?

There are many games that have uneven values. Expensive games tend to have very small want lists, so it's easy to not have matches found. Cheap games are often unpopular, so people list them knowing that the odds of finding a trade are slim. In both cases, it only takes one person to want the game to create a match though...

I wonder if gift certificates artificially boost the trade numbers though. Arbitrage makes it more likely that some of those items will "trade", even though they might be traded to the same person who offered them. So the real number of games changing hands might be somewhat smaller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Most importantly, the few users whose games I want have submitted their lists! I might actually get something this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Will anyone be holding a 48 hr speed math trade once this is over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Piano fanMicrobadge: Tetris fanMicrobadge: I use BitcoinsMicrobadge: I play with green!
futhee wrote:
uhh... 27% is very very high...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Loeys Dietz Syndrome Awareness (Canada)Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Rainbow
iklinck wrote:
futhee wrote:
27% is a pretty reasonable overall percentage for games trading. Looks like about 2/3 of users have submitted, so it could/should get even higher.
When there was 50% of the users in we had a 23% trade rating.

At 66% we moved up to 27%.

I believe Ian might be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The December trade moved 349 of 991 items (35.2%). Note that this is less than the 1017 items entered because items from users who don't submit want lists are ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Apologies to anyone interested in my items. I don't think I'm going to make it to this TABScon so I won't be trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Loeys Dietz Syndrome Awareness (Canada)Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Rainbow
80% of want lists in.

35% of games traded...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
Reminders sent to: Card, Chu Chu, cRuShInAt0r, hbj79, jayjonbeach, Jonny5, Lothrim, nojjon, patandrew, sammwon

I've been in contact with Chu Chu, who I think just missed hitting the final submit button. I realize Jonny5 is most likely just going to leave his lists blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
We have 82.6% of lists in.

Right now there is a 36% trade score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kogan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just submitted.. up at 90% lists in now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good. Here's hoping I can nab some games and if not, certificates!

If I happen to get several certificates, can I combine them to make one big order? Never used them in an online store before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belash wrote:
We have 82.6% of lists in.

Right now there is a 36% trade score.
That seems like an impressive trade rate... already beating the December results, although I think that fewer games were listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
MarkyX wrote:
Good. Here's hoping I can nab some games and if not, certificates!

If I happen to get several certificates, can I combine them to make one big order? Never used them in an online store before.
I don't work for an online store, nor do I represent one, but I'm sure that you'd be able to do just that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
cRuShInAt0r wrote:
You created a lower percentage of trades!!! angry

Down to 35% of games traded. But over 250 games traded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belash wrote:
cRuShInAt0r wrote:
You created a lower percentage of trades!!! :angry:

Is that possible? I thought the algorithm maximized the number of trades being made, ensuring that the number wouldn't go down as more want lists were included?

Maybe someone tightened up their want lists and resubmitted, causing a reduction in the total number of trades. Seems more likely from my (limited) understanding of how this works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kogan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
cRuShInAt0r wrote:
You created a lower percentage of trades!!! angry

Down to 35% of games traded. But over 250 games traded.
Well that was my goal... *shrug*

I'd like some trades.. so maybe I need to loosen my wants...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I had the same thought when it happened earlier as well.

But, I don't think it creates the highest percentage of trades, rather, just the highest amount of trades. So, our total amount of trades increased, but due to the high number of games Jay entered, it actually lowered the percentage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kogan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I loosened my wants anyways... re-submitted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belash wrote:
I had the same thought when it happened earlier as well.

But, I don't think it creates the highest percentage of trades, rather, just the highest amount of trades. So, our total amount of trades increased, but due to the high number of games Jay entered, it actually lowered the percentage.
Ah! Good call. I didn't think about it that - but you're right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kogan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StephenV wrote:
The December trade moved 349 of 991 items (35.2%). Note that this is less than the 1017 items entered because items from users who don't submit want lists are ignored.
Ah. Now I get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
Microbadge: Husky loverMicrobadge: I adopted my dog(s) from a rescueMicrobadge: Laika the space dog - first in spaceMicrobadge: Dogmeat: The only companion you need.Microbadge: Mutt lover - We don't need no pedigree!
Any computer guru out there want to make a piece of software that takes the want list, plus the results list, and creates a visual depiction of the trade network and the final trade loops that maximize it?

I ask simply because I think it would be cool to see it in all it's beauty, no other reason.

Something that vaguely looks like this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
c'mon jayjonbeach, submit your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew...you're not actually sporting a Raptors badge, are you? First News Radio, and now the Raptors? My god...we need to have a talk! What's next? Oprah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
futhee wrote:
Andrew...you're not actually sporting a Raptors badge, are you? First News Radio, and now the Raptors? My god...we need to have a talk! What's next? Oprah?
This is where I draw the line!

I even commissioned Andrew to create an updated Raptors Microbadge for me! Now I shall proudly wear it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [7] |