Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
172 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Toronto Area TABScon Math Trade XXI - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
Avatar
Microbadge: Husky loverMicrobadge: I adopted my dog(s) from a rescueMicrobadge: Laika the space dog - first in spaceMicrobadge: Dogmeat: The only companion you need.Microbadge: Mutt lover - We don't need no pedigree!
Belash wrote:
I was thinking about running an Auction for games, much like the one for BGG.con. Perhaps only once or twice a year and then doing trades as well.

For example, open the Auction a month in advance of a TABScon and run it until the Friday before. Then open a 96-120 hour Math Trade. See how things go.

Feedback?
Since you asked...

As long as the Math Trade still happens I don't mind the timeframe being shorter. I think I would be unlikely to participate much in an Auction, though, so if the Auction syphoned good games out of the Math Trade, I would be disappointed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I traded 7 out of my 9 items! To be honest, once the trade rate was up to ~35%, I went back and made slightly more restrictive want lists for some of my stuff. Some of my items are relatively hard to find (The Resistance is between printings, and Pink Godzilla Dev Kit can hardly be found anywhere), but I wasn't sure if low supply would necessarily mean high demand. I'm glad to see I still made lots of trades!

My only real disappointment is that I got two copies of Space Hulk: Death Angel. One was listed as a sweetener for another game, so the duplicate protection missed it. Besides that, though, I'm amazed with my trades! And besides, I can always put that up in the NEXT math trade!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuval Grinspun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The short math trades are relatively useless and only result in a fraction of trades (even though I always participate in them with great hope). I like the long math trade format as its gotten a lot of movement in my game collection -- like christmas four times a year... and I'm Jewish.

Ultimately, people can always list their games for sale/auction in the TABS forums, can't they?

Yuval
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skalchemist wrote:

Since you asked...

As long as the Math Trade still happens I don't mind the timeframe being shorter. I think I would be unlikely to participate much in an Auction, though, so if the Auction syphoned good games out of the Math Trade, I would be disappointed.
I feel pretty similarly about this. A lot of people list sales on the TABS board anyway...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ayo23 wrote:
also...
downstream, looks like you edited your wants but haven't resubmitted those changes.
Thanks for the headsup guys. I changed my mind about those edits, so I didn't resubmit intentionally. Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
Avatar
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Loeys Dietz Syndrome Awareness (Canada)Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Rainbow
Please ensure you check the games you are getting on the list for sweeteners. The results summaries I will be bringing will not have them. You are responsible for knowing what you should be getting and from whom.

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just realized I had a copy two copies of Heroquest: One with all the pieces, and the other one with many pieces missing.

Should've put that on the trade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kogan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkyX wrote:
Just realized I had a copy two copies of Heroquest: One with all the pieces, and the other one with many pieces missing.

Should've put that on the trade.
Damnit, I've been looking for a copy of Heroquest with many pieces missing for EVER!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cRuShInAt0r wrote:
MarkyX wrote:
Just realized I had a copy two copies of Heroquest: One with all the pieces, and the other one with many pieces missing.

Should've put that on the trade.
Damnit, I've been looking for a copy of Heroquest with many pieces missing for EVER!
Trade you Starcraft the Board Game for it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kogan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkyX wrote:
cRuShInAt0r wrote:
MarkyX wrote:
Just realized I had a copy two copies of Heroquest: One with all the pieces, and the other one with many pieces missing.

Should've put that on the trade.
Damnit, I've been looking for a copy of Heroquest with many pieces missing for EVER!
Trade you Starcraft the Board Game for it.
Done! See you at the TABS con. Can't wait to set up Heroquest then put it away cause it's unplayable with the missing pieces! Who's in for a mini tournament at the con?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cRuShInAt0r wrote:
MarkyX wrote:
cRuShInAt0r wrote:
MarkyX wrote:
Just realized I had a copy two copies of Heroquest: One with all the pieces, and the other one with many pieces missing.

Should've put that on the trade.
Damnit, I've been looking for a copy of Heroquest with many pieces missing for EVER!
Trade you Starcraft the Board Game for it.
Done! See you at the TABS con. Can't wait to set up Heroquest then put it away cause it's unplayable with the missing pieces! Who's in for a mini tournament at the con?
Just combine the first one with all the pieces with the second one.

More chaos warriors!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacRae
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Damn, I didn't know it was TABSCon this weekend - missed the big trade. Where's the 3-day??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
Avatar
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Loeys Dietz Syndrome Awareness (Canada)Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Rainbow
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:
Damn, I didn't know it was TABSCon this weekend - missed the big trade. Where's the 3-day??
I did email you. soblue

No 3-Day trade this time around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacRae
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
GEEKMail != EMail

Unfortunately I have to be on BGG to read geek mail...

Oh well: anybody have a new edition of Twilight Struggle they'd trade me for a well-played 2nd ed.???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:

Unfortunately I have to be on BGG to read geek mail...
Not... on... BGG??

Does not compute. Syntax error.

Abort, Retry, Fail?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:
Unfortunately I have to be on BGG to read geek mail...
Did you know there is a useful option to forward geekmail to your e-mail account? (I didn't until recently... although probably should've guessed it was there.)

Edit:
To do this, look at your mailbox and click on the "Settings" link.
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kogan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NewUser wrote:
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:
Unfortunately I have to be on BGG to read geek mail...
Did you know there is a useful option to forward geekmail to your e-mail account? (I didn't until recently... although probably should've guessed it was there.)

Edit:
To do this, look at your mailbox and click on the "Settings" link.
I've had this enabled for a couple years.. very useful if people don't know your email address, which most people on here don't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark MacRae
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:

Unfortunately I have to be on BGG to read geek mail...
Not... on... BGG??

Does not compute. Syntax error.

Abort, Retry, Fail?
I met.... a girl.cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
Avatar
Microbadge: Hockey fanMicrobadge: plusMicrobadge: Toronto Maple Leafs fanMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: I don't want to talk about my favorite team.
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:
dcorban wrote:
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:

Unfortunately I have to be on BGG to read geek mail...
Not... on... BGG??

Does not compute. Syntax error.

Abort, Retry, Fail?
I met.... a girl.cool
I married one, and I agree with Dan.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very pleased with my trades and excited to go to the con this weekend
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:
dcorban wrote:
DoomDahDoomDoom wrote:

Unfortunately I have to be on BGG to read geek mail...
Not... on... BGG??

Does not compute. Syntax error.

Abort, Retry, Fail?
I met.... a girl.cool
Ok. Less Japanese schoolgirl porn, I can understand. But no BGG?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
Avatar
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Loeys Dietz Syndrome Awareness (Canada)Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Rainbow
A copy of Container was left behind on the trade table. If you picked it up, could you please geekmail me? Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  |