Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Mac
Canada
Valley
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to be there next month - can anyone recommend any stores/venues in Maine? Any kind of boardgames, really - thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366/flgs-of-the-usa-a... ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Mac
Canada
Valley
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great! (though maybe getting dated)
Thanks for the help!
Any others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maine is a pretty big state ... whereabouts will you be? downtown old orchard beach near the taffy shop has a ton of games. you'll be paying msrp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Muscaria
United States
Orono
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can recommend Crossroad Games - they have a decent-sized annex of shelf-space dedicated to board games and a formal group that plays board games and teaches new players. I was there this January and if I recall, they meet Sunday afternoons.

Board Silly, the aforementioned place in Old Orchard, next to the taffy place, has a modest selection. As of a couple summers ago, it was stocked with most of the common board games (Catan, Carcassonne, Alhambra, Puerto Rico, Dominion). I would not say that it is dedicated to purely gaming - there are a lot of jigsaw puzzles and craft puzzles and there was no in-store gaming community - but the people that were working there were pretty nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xochipilli wrote:
I can recommend Crossroad Games - they have a decent-sized annex of shelf-space dedicated to board games and a formal group that plays board games and teaches new players. I was there this January and if I recall, they meet Sunday afternoons.

We (the Crossroad Games group) meet regularly Sundays from 10-6. Check out our guild page for more information. Generally, we post each week to check in about who is showing up and what they are bringing.

There is also a game store called Dirigo Games that just opened up in Yarmouth and a store in Belfast that's been around a while called All About Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Hermon
ME
flag msg tools
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Auricle wrote:

There is also a game store called Dirigo Games that just opened up in Yarmouth and a store in Belfast that's been around a while called All About Games.

Dirigo Games only deals with Magic, Gamesworkshop and RPG items. I didn't see any actual boardgames when I last looked in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls