Jose Negron
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only know of the compleat strategist in Manhattan, the Gamer's Table online in Mineola, and Grasshopper's comics in Williston Park. All of these charge MSRP or $1 below MSRP and pass that off as a "deal". I am looking to order all 4 Thunderstone games from Boards and Bits but would prefer to buy the base set first to try it out. However I don't like paying MSRP for stuff.

Any suggessions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bowen
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You pretty much picked the big 3 in the area. The only other suggestion would be to find an NYC BGG member selling/trading it in the marketplace and try to do an in-person pick-up. That's saved me $ in the tri-state area several times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just at CS this weekend and there were like 3-4 games I would have wanted to buy except for the fact that they were $50-60 for games I can get for closer to $25-30. How much is the Bag o’Dice? $24.95? vs. $5 on line *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Larson
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
It looks like online you go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
Jackson Heights
New York
flag msg tools
THE 7TH CONTINENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmb
My pick is Men at Arms in Middle Island. It's more of a hobby shop, with minis and models as well as board games, but he carries a good selection of lighter and heavier Euros as well as war games. (I've seen more than a few less-carried Euros there, btw). The prices are good - he discounts about 10% of MSRP. Well worth checking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Prisciandaro
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also try "Alsands Toy Soldiers plus" they have a website and a brick and mortar store on Long Island Avenue, here's the link to the website: http://www.alsandmdseco.com/index.html, they have a nice selection of games, but not as much variety as "Compleat Strategist" unfortunately. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls