Alan Waite
Australia
Ashgrove
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I'm spending a few days in Washington state next month in the Seattle area. Given the costs of games and shipping in Australia, I'm hoping to fill a suitcase with new games as part of the trip!
Since I'm there for such a short time I really need a "bricks and mortar" store, anyone have recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary's Games; 85th and Greenwood. Take 85th ST exit from I5, go west until you get to 85th (about 3 miles), turn right onto 85th go half a block, it's on the left side of the street. Great selection.

All Blacks rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Malan
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
Azureflame wrote:
Hi all,
I'm spending a few days in Washington state next month in the Seattle area. Given the costs of games and shipping in Australia, I'm hoping to fill a suitcase with new games as part of the trip!
Since I'm there for such a short time I really need a "bricks and mortar" store, anyone have recommendations?

You should really try Boards and Bits (http://www.boardsandbits.com/). They are not "bricks and mortar" per se but you can choose the games you'd like on their site and have it delivered to you (Seattle area) in next business day for U$6 flat (or drop by their warehouse in Woodinville and avoid shipping charges altogether - just make sure to call Tom before you go!).

Cheers,
Pedro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the WizKids store still around? While they've got a lot of space devoted to their own clicky products, I thought they had a great selection of other games. They had a fair-to-good selection of board games (especially the latest euro fare), but had a great selection of RPGs especially some hard to find, out of print titles I had been scouring eBay for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
You should really try Boards and Bits (http://www.boardsandbits.com/)

Yeah, I'd have to second that idea. We have a couple of stores but none of them have what I would consider competitive prices. And if you contact B&B they would likely let you come browse the warehouse (which is 30-40 min. hike north of Seattle), especially if you are planning to dump a chunk of money. bag

Gary's is your best bet in Seattle proper:
http://garysgamesandhobbies.com

There is also Genesis games in Redmond, WA, which is a 30 min. hike east over Lake Washington from Seattle:
http://www.genesisgamesandgizmos.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Stone
United States
Monroe
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
To all my geekfriends, I know I haven't been around much lately, but BGG is still my homepage and everyone is still in my heart everyday. Just so damn busy!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been to Gary's but since it's acutally located in Seattle, that would be my first choice.

Genesis Games in Redmond used to be the old Wizkids store mentioned earlier, but they have full (and I mean full) retail prices and with traffic, probably the longest drive.

PedroM wrote:
You should really try Boards and Bits (http://www.boardsandbits.com/). They are not "bricks and mortar" per se but you can choose the games you'd like on their site and have it delivered to you (Seattle area) in next business day for U$6 flat (or drop by their warehouse in Woodinville and avoid shipping charges altogether - just make sure to call Tom before you go!).

Cheers,
Pedro

I second the above AND I would also suggest you try Gamefest.com. Gamefest is like Boards and Bits, and is located in old-fashioned, downtown Issaquah (iss-a-kwah) in a cute little house, about 20-40 minutes drive depending on traffic and what part of Seattle you are coming from. I think you might get some great prices there and you can do an in-store pick up if you let Adam know ahead of time. Another option similar to B&B is to shop online and have it delivered to where you are staying in Seattle. It would only take one day, two at the most.

And hey, another idea - see if Adam at Gamefest would be willing to meet you somewhere in Seattle to deliver your games. Gamefest may be in Issaquah, but I believe that Adam lives in Seattle. If you send him an email and let him know your situation, he might be willing to work something out with you.

www.gamefest.com
email: games@gamefest.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Jennifer says, the WizKids store is now the Genesis store. Right nearby that place is Uncle's Games, which is in the Redmond Towne Center. Also, if you are going to be in town on either Tuesday night or Friday night, there are gamenights at those two places, (Genesis on Tuesday, Uncle's on Friday).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B W
Canada
Unspecified
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Another thumbs up for Boardsandbits....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Issaquah is close enough. Take a drive it's a beautiful area. Snoqualmie Falls are nearby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
For old wargames and obscure, old RPGs, American Eagles on Lake City is a must. But Gary’s Games, www.boardsandbits.com , and www.gamefest.com are much better for good recent stuff.

American Eagles is toward the north end of Seattle at
(206) 440-8448
12537 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington