United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sunrise City - WIP
Thanks David. What if I write the tax on the card? For example, 3(1) or 6(2).

Do you think the full value of the building as rent income is too much? Should it also be that lower number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a good grasp of the game's economics, so I can't say what's too much and what's too little, but keeping the math involved as simple as possible will probably make for a more enjoyable game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks I'll keep that in mind as I do some more play testing this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaias, I just saw that you're in Seattle. I'm in Edmonds. If you wanted to come to one of the CMG Play Test events perhaps we could give Sunrise City a spin and see what's what.

http://www.meetup.com/Clever-Mojo-Play-Testers/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, David! That sounds awesome. I'll bring my partner in crime design this sunday. I'll bring enough components to do 2 versions of sunrise city; one with bid markers and one with coins. I can also bring a prototype of scavengers of the ziggurat just in case some people want to try that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great...be sure to RSVP through Meetup so I have a good count of who's gonna be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Great play testing today and worked out some great changes that made the game much stronger. Thank you so much, David for taking the time to work through the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to help, Isaias. Sunrise City is an interesting game...fast to play and a nice mix of mechanics. I look forward to playing it with you again to see how the new role cards work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
New rules link added to the top of the thread but just realized I missed a few things so I'll have to tweak it tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
New rules and cards uploaded! not quite final as we still have to play test this on saturday, but i feel it's pretty damn close!

now... on to Scavengers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this with Isaias on Saturday at Clever Mojo. The game works, but it still needed some tweaking. These issues were all discussed Saturday:

There needs to be a tie breaker if two players bid 0 or 6.

There need to be more zones or fewer bid tokens or both. We ran out of zone tiles, so the set needs a few more.

There were too many zones with only two utility links, which bottlenecked the board.

Before drawing cards at the end of turn, a player should be allowed to discard any cards in hand without penalty.

Can't resist posting the video:

Oops! I must have meant this one:whistle

Or maybe this: laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of these things have been updated in the new rules that are posted and we'll hopefully play it again this weekend.

Barticus88 wrote:
There need to be more zones or fewer bid tokens or both. We ran out of zone tiles, so the set needs a few more.
There are now a lot more zones in the zone deck and a lot more buildings in the building deck. also, there are only 1-6 bid tokens.

Barticus88 wrote:
There were too many zones with only two utility links, which bottlenecked the board.
Reduced the amount of two-type utility links dramatically. this shouldn't be a problem now.

Barticus88 wrote:
Before drawing cards at the end of turn, a player should be allowed to discard any cards in hand without penalty.
Yup. This is free now.

The only one I didn't update was the tie situations. My suggestion to the group on Friday was to let the player that has the fewest VP win ties. If that ties, than nobody wins the bid. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |