MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I will be going to Italy soon and I was hoping to check a game store or two. Any good stores in these cities? Hopefully, somewhat centrally located.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poul Soegaard
Denmark
Hobro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the pleasure of being in Florence a few months ago, and visited a very well equipped board game shop and got home with Paths of Glory.

But first off, this thread is really worth having quickbared if you are going to europe: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302/flgs-of-the-world...

But the shop I visited was the following:
Stratagemma Roleplaying E.C.
Via Dei Servi 15/R
Firenze
+39-055215912

When you are in Florence you have to see the cathedral anyway, and this shop is located in a side street something like 2 mins walk from the cathedral. My hotel had a view to the place, so actually went for a scouting mission and then purchased on the second visit.

Pricingwise they are very European, so don't be surprised if the price is a wee bit higher than in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Marinozzi
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools
Hi and welcome to Italy;

in Florence there is Stratagemma (www.stratagemmaonline.com) wich, as far as I remember, has a good selection (I was there more than an year ago, to be honest)

I hope you will enjoy your stay

Carlo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi MGS,

Roma, try: Here, it's a medium/heavy store, with some good products.

Milano, try: Here, it's not the top, but has some games!

Good travel and welcome in Italy!

Filippo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Mecci
Italy
Capena
Lazio
flag msg tools
badge
LUDOFORO
mbmbmbmbmb
Also in Rome:

Avalon Roma
Viale delle Milizie, 86
00192 Roma
(a few steps from Vatican Museums)

Enjoy your stay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ronaldo,

I quote the replay I've given to Oldfritz when he asked info for his Italian trip. With this link to the article you can reed all the info he received. If you want some more info, on restaurants I would advice and other, drop me a geek mail so we take an agreement on how I can send them to you.

BlackSheeper wrote:
Oldfritz wrote:
Hi, I´m going to travel to Roma. I would like to know where there are any shops with games/wargames.
At present you basically have 4 possibility:
Strategia & Tattica in Via Cavour 250
Strategia & Tattica 2 in Via Massaciuccoli 78
SoloGiochi in Via Catania 83
Avalon Roma in Viale delle Milizie 86

The nearest to the touristic part of Rome is Strategia & Tattica that is located above the underground station of Cavour, at about 10 minutes walk from the Colosseum. Via Cavour is that large way that departs from Via dei Fori Imperiali, so it is easy to find it.
Avalon Roma can be said to be near to the Vatican, but it is not so easy to explain you where to find it.
SoloGiochi is at ten minutes walk from the underground station of Piazza Bologna.
Strategia & Tattica 2, that can among the four is the only one in which you can have the chance of playing at evening, will be near to one future underground station, but not before one year from now.
If you want more info, like restaurants and so on, drop me a geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
mbmbmbmbmb
In Milan, the best shop (at least for me) is in Viale Romagna 50. You can find more info on www.fantamagus.com. Good selection of games (most Euro).

In Rome you can find giocofollia (www.giocofollia.com). Piazza della Balduina 35.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the input. Could you guys give me some tips on things that I could see there that are not common in stores over here?

I wonder if the Italian version of Fairy Tale is still around. Do they carry games like Fatti di Calcio? Are there other cool Italian or European games that didn't make it over here? I can read Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. An rpg, maybe? I like story games type RPGs.

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Filippo Chiari wrote:
Hi MGS,

Milano, try: Here, it's not the top, but has some games!

Good travel and welcome in Italy!

Filippo.
the website for strattegia seems to be down. Have they changed to a new site or gone out of business?

Going to Rome in april and it looks like it is the closest one to where I'll be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
Stores in Naples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
Stores in Naples?
On Naples I've no idea, but on Rome I've the update that has closen the historical shop of Strategia & Tattica in Via Cavour 250.
Anyway, from Naples you can reach Rome in a couple of hours by train and, on sunday is often open Strategia & Tattica 2 in Via Massaciuccoli 78.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ad79 wrote:
Filippo Chiari wrote:
Hi MGS,

Filippo.
the website for strattegia seems to be down. Have they changed to a new site or gone out of business?

Going to Rome in april and it looks like it is the closest one to where I'll be.
Stategia e Tattica has definitively close in July, the other three shops that I reported are working. If you need more info send me a geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just to let you know that part of the old staff of Strategia e Tattica has opened a new shop:
Strategia Nova
Via Niso 54
00181 Roma

It is located about mid way between the underground stations of Furio Camillo and Ponte Lungo. I find better to reach it from Furio Camillo.

BlackSheeper wrote:
ad79 wrote:
Filippo Chiari wrote:
Hi MGS,

Filippo.

Stategia e Tattica has definitively close in July, the other three shops that I reported are working. If you need more info send me a geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Flaminio
Italy
Prato
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Naples there is Volver is a pub/eurogames store located near piazza Dante in the hearth of the city

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain BOUCAULT
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Some fresh news about Roma

I was in Roma in July, 2012

And I was in this gameshop.

Avalon Roma
Viale delle Milizie 86
Roma

The owner gave me a lot of good advices on games "made in Italy"

So, this store is still in activty, and this is a really good store.

SB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMorgan wrote:
Hi,

Avalon Roma
Viale delle Milizie 86
Roma

SB
If you asked in advance you could have learned that on 7 of July it has opened a new branch of the underground, the B1, that has the station of Sant'Agnese/Annibaliano that is near shop Strategia & Tattica 2 that in Via Massaciuccoli 78. So you saw just one shop instead of two, and the second is larger, has a gaming area and, at present, organizes gaming sessions on Wednesday evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMorgan wrote:
Hi,

Avalon Roma
Viale delle Milizie 86
Roma

SB
Yeah, I went to that store in March. Small but great store, the owner is very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlo M. wrote:
Hi and welcome to Italy;

in Florence there is Stratagemma (www.stratagemmaonline.com) wich, as far as I remember, has a good selection (I was there more than an year ago, to be honest)

Carlo
I´m going to Florence next week. Can anyone confirm that Stratagemma is still around? What are my chances of getting a wargame there?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it is. Certainly, the best location of any FLGS in the world. I don't know about war games but they had a great variety. Wort collectors edition, traditional and indie RPGs and even subbuteo. Awesome staff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdrc wrote:
Carlo M. wrote:
Hi and welcome to Italy;

Carlo
I´m going to Florence next week. Can anyone confirm that Stratagemma is still around? What are my chances of getting a wargame there?

Thanks!
As Italian I would say that they are quite low: they are till there but I would not be surprised if they are closed for vacation. But since I'm not from Florence I can't tell it to you for sure. Instead I can tell you for sure that next week three of the four shops I reported are closed for holidays.

Sorry for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply.

Actually, it´s not that bad if they are closed. Safes me from buying another wargame, that nobody will play with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdrc wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Actually, it´s not that bad if they are closed. Safes me from buying another wargame, that nobody will play with me
Should you pass in Rome have a look to the dedicated thread and contact me, so we see if we can organize something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:
cmdrc wrote:
Carlo M. wrote:
Hi and welcome to Italy;

Carlo

Thanks!
As Italian I would say that they are quite low: they are till there but I would not be surprised if they are closed for vacation. But since I'm not from Florence I can't tell it to you for sure. Instead I can tell you for sure that next week three of the four shops I reported are closed for holidays.

Sorry for you.
Just a quick report after my trip: I visited Stratagemma in Florence and that shop has a bigger wargame collection than both my FLGSs in Vienna! This was so worth the trip! I could have bought like 5 games that day - I ended up with Pursuit of Glory

It´s also worth to mention that the shop is located just around the corner of the cathedral.

Highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdrc wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:

Sorry for you.
Just a quick report after my trip: I visited Stratagemma in Florence and that shop has a bigger wargame collection than both my FLGSs in Vienna! This was so worth the trip! I could have bought like 5 games that day - I ended up with Pursuit of Glory

It´s also worth to mention that the shop is located just around the corner of the cathedral.

Highly recommended!
Glad to hear that it was open in August and that it was so satisfactory. Always remember to report if you are caming in Rome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mb
NoMorgan wrote:
Hi,

Avalon Roma
Viale delle Milizie 86
Roma

SB
Thanks for the info.
Been there in September 2012. Nice little store. The staff is very knowledgable and helpful, also speaks excellent English.
A short walk from the Vatican museums, so if you are a tourist in Rome, you have no excuse for not visiting it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |