Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell Martin, Jr.
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Several months ago when I was considering buying this game, I looked into the subject matter for the first time. After briefly reading about the war on Wikipedia and looking at a couple of maps, I decided to go ahead and get it.

After enjoying playing it for a while, I put together a graphical overview of the forces involved, just to get a feel for them. I recently revised it a bit based on some additional references:

It's just a snapshot and could benefit from showing the changes over time, but at least it gives some idea of what the counters represent.

Also, I was bitten by a "game atlas" bug while putting together one for We Must Tell the Emperor. So, I combined the forces graphic with some West Point maps and Wikipedia text (adding in references to the appropriate game cards) to make a game atlas for Israeli Independence. It can be downloaded as an eight-page, double-sided PDF here:

Corrections, comments, suggestions, etc., on any of this are welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Leviloff
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thanks, Wendell. That's awesome. Would it be ok if we link your essay to the company website for the game?

Darin Leviloff (designer of I.I.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell Martin, Jr.
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Crassus wrote:
Would it be ok if we link your essay to the company website for the game?

Certainly, that'd be great.

And thank you for II. It's simple enough that my older, non-gamer dad and I can play it together (the first wargame we ever have).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan R.
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. This is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow, I read the rules to II on the plane yesterday, played it twice last night in my hotel room, then jumped to Wikipedia to learn more about this history. This Game Atlas is just what I was looking for! I've downloaded it and am saving it to read on the plane back home tonight. Thanks a million!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
geoffrey d. hurn
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.