Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty simple: I don't know of any places near me that have any decent selection of board games and/or places that have game nights to meet and play with other boardgamers. I've searched some here on BGG, but all I find are suggestion threads to implement a FLGS search feature (was kinda surprised this feature does not already exist).

So, any pointers toward FLGS's in my area would be very much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Internal
FLGS of the USA - A List of Game Store Advice on BGG II

External
GameStoreDB.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice list, seems that the Charlotte stores haven't been added to the external site yet. Pity nothing is really "near" me... oh well. Thanks anyways!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
There's Hypermind in Burlington, which is a really good store. They even have a guild here on the site. Hypermind has a boardgame night every Tuesday and most Saturdays.

The other local "store" is CardboardStash. Brandon doesn't have a store, instead he visits the Winston-Salem and Greensboro boardgame meetup groups with a van full of games. Cardboardstash also has a guild on boardgamegeek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Newton
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your ever down our way come visit us. Our game night is Thursday but there are typically people playing games every night of the week. www.capefeargames.com I know there is also a shop in highpoint and greensboro but both are heavily MTG only focused. You could probably at least order through them and they might give you a deal on games since they don't carry them and any extra income is probably welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Twombly
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're into Dungeon Twister, there are tournaments in Raleigh, usually at Sci Fi Genre. Geekmail me if you want contact info. There's a nice store in Apex that I'm too lazy to look up right now, but it comes recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Spencer
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see some more local folks on the BGG. I keep meaning to check out Hypermind and maybe get involved a bit more with stuff around here (I'm in Greensboro myself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
I run the Dungeon Twister tournaments as well as a games group in Durham, NC. Scifigenre is the store in durham (www.scifigenre.com). There is a great store in Cary called the Gamer's Armory (www.gamersarmory.com).

I'm also hoping to start running DT tournaments in the Triad, more details will come...

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls