Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm going to be spending a week in London on some business, and I was hoping to maybe pick up some games that are harder to find here in the US (AoS, El Grande, Die Macher, Union Pacific, etc). I'm going to be staying in Euston, so if there are any good stores close to there, that would be even sweeter.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Jones
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
A store relatively close to Euston (Leicester Square) is:
Orcs Nest - http://www.orcsnest.com/
6 Earlham Street
LONDON WC2H 9RY

However, although it is further away (a shortish tube ride out of London), Leisure Games is probably your best bet.

Unfortunately, you may be disappointed in the general availability of the games you mention. For example, I would be surprised (and jealous) if you find most of what you have listed other than AoS.

You are best to hit the store's website and get them to put anything you want aside for you to save yourself wasted journeys and dissapointment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Allen. You're more likely to find the Rio Grande/Mayfair/Uberplay catalogue then german editions, and at much higher prices than at home. You'd be better of looking for UK published games and save the shipping cost back to the US. And if you're visiting a Brit, bring them the US games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm somewhat disappointed to hear that there's not much advantage, maybe I'll just spend my time on other pursuits while I'm there next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, but as said, do check the websites. Leisure Games seemed to have some Alhambra expansions and Die Handler in stock last week - all in original German. Sadly the shop isn't too near to much else on the tourist list...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sommer
Denmark
copenhagen downtown
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomski wrote:
Agreed, but as said, do check the websites. Leisure Games seemed to have some Alhambra expansions and Die Handler in stock last week - all in original German. Sadly the shop isn't too near to much else on the tourist list...
Yah its quite a way out of the center is lesiure games and to be honest the prices in the UK do not impress me I'd rather order online from germany or support any local danish game shops who have their act together ie reward customer loyality

wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moomer Gamer
Belgium
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went on the same quest about 2 years ago, checked the yellow pages and was astonished that a city the size of London didn't have more gamesstores.
Orc's nest didn't seem to have many traditional games at the time, more fantasy themed (might have changed by now) but definitely hop in at the store in Museum street, if you're nearby. I quite liked their stuff.

Since you look for German games you might plan a trip to the Essen, Gemany fair 13th to 16th of Oktober. See their site.
http://www.merz-verlag.com/spiel/e000.php4
If you go, take enough money and a big backpack to stash the games.
That is one HUGE fair.

Good hunting and enjoy your trip to London.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls